News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Bin Laden is finally dead!!!

Started by Tidus, May 01, 2011, 11:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake

Quote from: Tidus on May 03, 2011, 09:53:54 PM
Americans are definitely the most free thinking and rebellious people in the world.
No, we're not. That title belongs to Western Europe.

DarkTrinity

Quote from: krele on May 03, 2011, 08:00:58 PM
You're too naive. I find it really odd, how easy it is for your government to make you believe anything they want. Imagine a scenario where your government tells you that afterlife really exists, and how you should all just kill yourself and meet up there - for America! I think most of you would believe it, but for those that don't, a cheaply made video feed of "God talking to Obama" would do the job. I am sure I know much more about this "war" you're having than any of you, and I'm not even American. You really never noticed the possibility of Laden not even existing in the first place? What if he's a work of fiction created by your government, planned to be used for other means? Why did your government find it necessary to even kill Laden if terroristic "attacks" stopped since 2001.? Did any of you notice the recent attention another "terroristic leader" caught by the media? I'm talking about Gaddafi. It's also weird, how much media can control us... Look at this, and then remember what you've heard about Gaddafi on your last news report or newspapers. I'm not telling you to not believe your government or the media, all I'm saying is that you should believe yourself, think a bit out of the box, and try to fit every possibility into the current situation. Oh, and use a bit of common sense too.

He was thrown into the water, what a nice story it is! No pictures, no video feed, no tapes, nothing. Only a word from few of your politicians, president, and media, and you're all set for adventuring into the illusions your OWNERS cleverly cast upon you. Do you really think America cares enough to "give him a slice of peace and fairness"? Go slap yourself, this is clearly the stupidest claim they ever made. They fu?king recorded and played Sadam Hussein's execution LIVE, but taking a single video recording or photograph of Laden was a burden? That's bullsh!t, something's just wrong, really fu?king wrong here. They knew you would all be interested in seeing some proof with your own eyes, well, why didn't they offer anything as they did with Hussein. The matching DNA test is there just to trick you into thinking it proves something. I don't buy it.

Tidus covered a lot of what I was thinking.
Also, you act like all Americans follow the government blindly and happily. If that's your view, your shit is skewed son. Most people I know hate the American government, I know plenty who'd rather live in Canada.
Secondly, Saddam Hussein was CAPTURED, and then it was decided that he be hanged for his actions. And it's not like that video of his death was some government recorded thing. Someone snuck a camera phone in and it was eventually seen by pretty much everyone, it was not played "live". Bin Laden on the other hand, was killed IN action, his face apparently mutilated beyond recognition. Hence the DNA test. What good would it be for any of us to see a picture of him after he was filled full of holes? Jack squat.
There are COUNTLESS conspiracies that America was behind the whole 9/11 thing and that Bin Laden just happened to take credit for it out of his sheer hate for America.(Boy, wouldn't he look silly if the "real" people responsible came forward) I find it ridiculous honestly. How do you look at the tapes Bin Laden made after the fact and say he's never had anything to do with this all along?

No, the media and government are not always 100% trustworthy, but no government ever is. People are going to be biased no matter what you do, so the best thing is to not get your news from one single source, but rather multiple different ones. While I agree thinking outside the box is a great skill to have, you're stretching. You just sound like every other conspiracy theorist out there in the world.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42873423/ns/world_news-death_of_bin_laden/?GT1=43001

"The White House had earlier expressed concerns about making any death images of bin Laden public, considering the nature of his fatal wounds. U.S. officials say the still-secret photographic evidence shows a precision kill shot above his left eye, which blew away part of his skull. He was also shot in the chest, they said.

The White House said the photograph of a dead Osama bin Laden is "gruesome" and that "it could be inflammatory" if released. "

Scotty

I apologize in advance, this is not meant to be offensive to your country and its people in any way, nor is it meant to offend anyone of any nation, religion, or beliefs. If you fail to notice, this is only my own, personal belief, put a little bluntly. Please consider that fact before replying.

You're too naive. I find it really odd, how easy it is for your government to make you believe anything they want. Imagine a scenario where your government tells you that afterlife really exists, and how you should all just kill yourself and meet up there - for America! I think most of you would believe it, but for those that don't, a cheaply made video feed of "God talking to Obama" would do the job. I am sure I know much more about this "war" you're having than any of you, and I'm not even American. You really never noticed the possibility of Laden not even existing in the first place? What if he's a work of fiction created by your government, planned to be used for other means? Why did your government find it necessary to even kill Laden if terroristic "attacks" stopped since 2001.? Did any of you notice the recent attention another "terroristic leader" caught by the media? I'm talking about Gaddafi. It's also weird, how much media can control us... Look at this, and then remember what you've heard about Gaddafi on your last news report or newspapers. I'm not telling you to not believe your government or the media, all I'm saying is that you should believe yourself, think a bit out of the box, and try to fit every possibility into the current situation. Oh, and use a bit of common sense too.

He was thrown into the water, what a nice story it is! No pictures, no video feed, no tapes, nothing. Only a word from few of your politicians, president, and media, and you're all set for adventuring into the illusions your OWNERS cleverly cast upon you. Do you really think America cares enough to "give him a slice of peace and fairness"? Go slap yourself, this is clearly the stupidest claim they ever made. They fu?king recorded and played Sadam Hussein's execution LIVE, but taking a single video recording or photograph of Laden was a burden? That's bullsh!t, something's just wrong, really fu?king wrong here. They knew you would all be interested in seeing some proof with your own eyes, well, why didn't they offer anything as they did with Hussein. The matching DNA test is there just to trick you into thinking it proves something. I don't buy it.

Evil is every deed done that collides with human inner moral code. No matter what - killing is plainly evil. Both your soldiers, your government, the terrorists and their leaders are evil. The goal doesn't exculpate the means.

Krele, I've come to respect you a lot as of the last year, more so than I would originally have ever admitted.  You know this as we've discussed it in private, and with that being said, I think there are a lot of mis-guided opinions you are sharing.  I'll merely share mine with you for your consumption, only I'll leave out the profanities or selective verbage that would allude to anyone being ignorant.

When Hussein was videotaped, that was under no means sanctioned by anyone.  If it was witnessed and not stopped, they were all wrong.  There was no reason for that to be video taped, and it definitely wasn't intended, you can determine that based off the crappy lighting they had in the room.  The reasons we aren't showing anything with regards to Osama's death is because it doesn't benefit us at all, plus we are a country that has learned from our mistakes in the past.  Look at Abu-Ghraib or any of the other times we've shown our ass because we wanted "war trophies".  We've had our pee-pee's smacked in the past, and the SEAL team that was responsible are no dumb bunch like the bored folks who thought it humorous to get photo evidence of their idiocy.  Hell, there's a reason they prefer to remain anonymous, videotaping this kind of stuff is going to be nothing but counter-productive.  They are a smart bunch, and the most professional in their field.

We will have conspirators no matter what.  Provide a photo, we'll call it doctored, give us a video, and we'll say Hollywood was behind it.  Best part is, that's all irrelevant when considering the retaliation it would bring.  Seriously, the SEALs could have taken a piss on his body, and we'll never know.  Best part is, that doesn't matter, because our government did the right thing and speak the facts regarding the situation.  Of course the President wouldn't get up on his podium and say "Today, we've assassinated America's greatest threat, Jimmy, roll the footage of the SEALs pissing on him, subsequently incriminating the entire United States and invoking imminent retaliation beyond imagination."

If you really honestly believed we are suckling the tit of the deceiving American government.  I challenge you, watch Al-Jazeera a month from his murder.  If he's alive, he will let us know.  Being former signals intelligence in the Marine Corps, I can vouch for the fact that he is a humble, well spoken, if not a bit big-headed individual, and he wouldn't be nearly as charismatic if his followers believed him dead.  If Al-Jazeera doesn't get their hands on a video from him in one month's, if not one week's time, I guarantee he is dead.

Torch

Trillions of dollars in costs, countless lives lost, and terrorism is still just as large as it always has been. And yet people are still standing outside the white house chanting "USA". Goddamn the news pisses me off.

Mystery

Quote from: Mr PwnageCare to elaborate why?

I completely understand if you are thrown off about me positively speaking about our country as if I am oblivious to the fact that there are many uneducated and ignorant people residing in it. I am rather highlighting that the majority of our well-educated Americans (which we do have many) have the ability to see past these sorts of superstitions and evaluate the stories in the media from a rational viewpoint. (Also realize if this is what you were dwelling on, than you have completely missed my point entirely.)

So with that said, where is the basis for the overwhelming amount of "bollocks"?

Gladly.

Our country was not founded with equal rights for all people, it had an incredible favorable bias towards white Christian males. Other different groups(not necessarily ethnic) were segregated and discriminated against(and to a considerably lesser degree, still are) to an outrageous extent, namely Native Americans and Africans. Women had no presidential suffrage until 1920(and even then, they didn't vote until 3 years later). The Jim Crow laws exacted less than a century ago in this country essentially made African-Americans second-class citizens and could be considered a heavily-water down compromise to slavery.

To this day, numerous biases and obstructions to rights still exist. Homosexual people do not have the ability to marry another homosexual, due to the bloody DEFINITION of marriage being mangled to serve the purposes of fundamentalist politicians. The wealth distribution in our country is extraordinarily unbalanced(nearly half of the monetary influence controlled by 1% of the population), and compared to many other countries, is incredibly absurd. Atheists as a group overall are ridiculed often(and no, it's not JUST my personal experience).

Many, MANY ordinary people today favorably bias many groups and act illogically and hatefully, well-educated Americans included. I do not disagree that we have several intelligent people here(and some who are unbiased), but that doesn't detract from my point. Those uneducated and ignorant people are still Americans, and depending on how you define that, those people can make up a LOT of our country. Tons of them have INCREDIBLY narrow minds and narrow-minded ideas. And are you seriously trying to suggest we do not favor the American government and act biased and illogically in certain ways towards it, that we don't abhor certain other forms of government without knowing next to anything about them, and that our own government cannot become incredibly skewed(and depending on how you define 'skewed', it can easily be right now)?

Yes, compared to some other countries, we do enjoy more freedoms. Compared to ALL countries? Hell no. Western Europe takes the gold medal for that.

If you'd like me to clarify or talk about something in greater detail, let me know, because this post sems rather small to me now that I've looked over it.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Cactuscat222

Quote from: Mystery on May 04, 2011, 05:18:05 PM
Quote from: Mr PwnageCare to elaborate why?

I completely understand if you are thrown off about me positively speaking about our country as if I am oblivious to the fact that there are many uneducated and ignorant people residing in it. I am rather highlighting that the majority of our well-educated Americans (which we do have many) have the ability to see past these sorts of superstitions and evaluate the stories in the media from a rational viewpoint. (Also realize if this is what you were dwelling on, than you have completely missed my point entirely.)

So with that said, where is the basis for the overwhelming amount of "bollocks"?

Gladly.

Our country was not founded with equal rights for all people, it had an incredible favorable bias towards white Christian males. Other different groups(not necessarily ethnic) were segregated and discriminated against(and to a considerably lesser degree, still are) to an outrageous extent, namely Native Americans and Africans. Women had no presidential suffrage until 1920(and even then, they didn't vote until 3 years later). The Jim Crow laws exacted less than a century ago in this country essentially made African-Americans second-class citizens and could be considered a heavily-water down compromise to slavery.

To this day, numerous biases and obstructions to rights still exist. Homosexual people do not have the ability to marry another homosexual, due to the bloody DEFINITION of marriage being mangled to serve the purposes of fundamentalist politicians. The wealth distribution in our country is extraordinarily unbalanced(nearly half of the monetary influence controlled by 1% of the population), and compared to many other countries, is incredibly absurd. Atheists as a group overall are ridiculed often(and no, it's not JUST my personal experience).

Many, MANY ordinary people today favorably bias many groups and act illogically and hatefully, well-educated Americans included. I do not disagree that we have several intelligent people here(and some who are unbiased), but that doesn't detract from my point. Those uneducated and ignorant people are still Americans, and depending on how you define that, those people can make up a LOT of our country. Tons of them have INCREDIBLY narrow minds and narrow-minded ideas. And are you seriously trying to suggest we do not favor the American government and act biased and illogically in certain ways towards it, that we don't abhor certain other forms of government without knowing next to anything about them, and that our own government cannot become incredibly skewed(and depending on how you define 'skewed', it can easily be right now)?

Yes, compared to some other countries, we do enjoy more freedoms. Compared to ALL countries? Hell no. Western Europe takes the gold medal for that.

If you'd like me to clarify or talk about something in greater detail, let me know, because this post sems rather small to me now that I've looked over it.

Now, I don't want to get into a heated debate, because I don't presume to know what even half of the people of the USA think or feel, but I'll just speak from my observations on what I've seen from various media and from my own city.

First of all, when we were founded, yes it favored white Christian males heavily. It promoted slavery and racism. However, it set forth new ideals with its placement of a democracy that had representation of the people - one that wasn't ruled by a monarchy. Our own constitution talked about every man being equal - and while not true at the time, look how far forward we have moved since then. Does that not count for anything?

To your second point, I won't disagree. There are many problems facing the people of Americans, whether they be in a minority or a majority. Though, I'd like to point out that it is not just atheists who are ridiculed - any form of religious group is not without its haters.

To your third point, I'm not so sure it is the vast majority. I would not clump together all people who are uneducated as ignorant as well. The lack of education could be very well why they have the mindset they do, and that may be no fault of their own. As you said yourself, people define those terms very differently, so I'm not sure you can easily consider that most Americans are "uneducated and ignorant" without some common ground on what that is and something to back up the majority of Americans fall within those terms. Additionally (and I'm not saying you said this), but never forget a person has every right to disagree with homosexuality/atheism/whatever. While you may consider them wrong through subjective means, I don't think it is fair to approach these people as if they are inherently bad/ignorant. Everyone has their own definitions, and not every person who believes these things are "uneducated/ignorant/narrow-minded". I suppose you can consider them as such based on their views, but I don't think it is very fair. I figure if you want to talk about open-mindedness and promoting other people to do the same, then it is best to avoid grouping and labeling people or assuming the worst of others.

Also, to your point about being skewed toward our government, I'll admit most people have a bias. Who doesn't want to believe the government they live under has at least some good values? None the less though, not everyone feels that way, and you say that as if we are the only country to be so ignorant. I've spoken to a many of foreigners, who seem just as unknowing of how our government works as well. I'm pretty positive we aren't the only country who thinks highly of themselves and looks down on the institutions of the others.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Lingus

I think the main thing we are talking about now is in relation to Krele's comments about the people here who believe that Osama Bin Laden has been killed (or even existed in the first place) are potentially being brainwashed by the American Government. Now, I don't disagree that a vast majority of people (all people, not just Americans) are brainwashed by media (and therefore anything that might come from the government through the media, which is how everyone gets their news). But, and I can only speak for myself, I don't agree that because someone happens to believe something like Bin Laden being killed (or having existed) it means they are brainwashed. I certainly am not. I absolutely hate popular media and all that it comes with. I almost completely ignore the "news" that comes out of our television and radio. I am extremely selective about where I get my news, and what I even choose to listen to.

For one thing, why would it even matter to the average person if Bin Laden were killed or not? As far as I am concerned some event took place that relates to the ongoing war. It involves me in as much as there might potentially be an increased of a terrorist attack in my area. And even then I am not taking any additional precautions than I would have otherwise. What could the government have gained out of this other than bringing down one of the biggest figure heads in the current war? As other people have mentioned, if they are lying about this, it will be brought to light, and they will be in a worse place than if they had done nothing. So it makes no sense.

I think everyone is going off on a tangent here. The discussion was not, is America brainwashed? (the answer to that is, mostly yes.) The discussion was more that people who don't think Bin Laden was a conspiracy are brainwashed. And to me it just makes me think Krele is scizophrenic...

Mystery

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on May 04, 2011, 05:57:06 PM

Now, I don't want to get into a heated debate, because I don't presume to know what even half of the people of the USA think or feel, but I'll just speak from my observations on what I've seen from various media and from my own city.

Nor would I, overheated debates don't get anyone anywhere. I'm interested to see others' viewpoints on this matter.

First of all, when we were founded, yes it favored white Christian males heavily. It promoted slavery and racism. However, it set forth new ideals with its placement of a democracy that had representation of the people - one that wasn't ruled by a monarchy. Our own constitution talked about every man being equal - and while not true at the time, look how far forward we have moved since then. Does that not count for anything?

It does indeed. However, a problem I have with that is that it would have been INCREDIBLY easy to avoid these detriments to progress, and even though I am aware of the hindsight bias, there are just so many screw-ups and attempts to preserve the inherently flawed status quo back then.

To your second point, I won't disagree. There are many problems facing the people of Americans, whether they be in a minority or a majority. Though, I'd like to point out that it is not just atheists who are ridiculed - any form of religious group is not without its haters.

I agree completely. Atheists were just a throwaway example.

To your third point, I'm not so sure it is the vast majority. I would not clump together all people who are uneducated as ignorant as well. The lack of education could be very well why they have the mindset they do, and that may be no fault of their own. As you said yourself, people define those terms very differently, so I'm not sure you can easily consider that most Americans are "uneducated and ignorant" without some common ground on what that is and something to back up the majority of Americans fall within those terms. Additionally (and I'm not saying you said this), but never forget a person has every right to disagree with homosexuality/atheism/whatever. While you may consider them wrong through subjective means, I don't think it is fair to approach these people as if they are inherently bad/ignorant. Everyone has their own definitions, and not every person who believes these things are "uneducated/ignorant/narrow-minded". I suppose you can consider them as such based on their views, but I don't think it is very fair. I figure if you want to talk about open-mindedness and promoting other people to do the same, then it is best to avoid grouping and labeling people or assuming the worst of others.

I was not trying to say that disagreeing with someone over homosexuality/atheism/whatever was bad. There is a difference between disagreeing with something and unjust discrimination. I was partially referring to the imposing of devices that would hinder one of those groups and not benefit anyone, being done solely for the purpose of not letting people do something they should have every right to do(e.g., ban on same-sex marriage).

Also, to your point about being skewed toward our government, I'll admit most people have a bias. Who doesn't want to believe the government they live under has at least some good values? None the less though, not everyone feels that way, and you say that as if we are the only country to be so ignorant. I've spoken to a many of foreigners, who seem just as unknowing of how our government works as well. I'm pretty positive we aren't the only country who thinks highly of themselves and looks down on the institutions of the others.

I agree wholeheartedly.

krele

Quote from: Scotty on May 04, 2011, 12:49:44 AM
I apologize in advance, this is not meant to be offensive to your country and its people in any way, nor is it meant to offend anyone of any nation, religion, or beliefs. If you fail to notice, this is only my own, personal belief, put a little bluntly. Please consider that fact before replying.

Evil is every deed done that collides with human inner moral code. No matter what - killing is plainly evil. Both your soldiers, your government, the terrorists and their leaders are evil. The goal doesn't exculpate the means.

Krele, I've come to respect you a lot as of the last year, more so than I would originally have ever admitted.  You know this as we've discussed it in private, and with that being said, I think there are a lot of mis-guided opinions you are sharing.  I'll merely share mine with you for your consumption, only I'll leave out the profanities or selective verbage that would allude to anyone being ignorant.

When Hussein was videotaped, that was under no means sanctioned by anyone.  If it was witnessed and not stopped, they were all wrong.  There was no reason for that to be video taped, and it definitely wasn't intended, you can determine that based off the crappy lighting they had in the room.  The reasons we aren't showing anything with regards to Osama's death is because it doesn't benefit us at all, plus we are a country that has learned from our mistakes in the past.  Look at Abu-Ghraib or any of the other times we've shown our ass because we wanted "war trophies".  We've had our pee-pee's smacked in the past, and the SEAL team that was responsible are no dumb bunch like the bored folks who thought it humorous to get photo evidence of their idiocy.  Hell, there's a reason they prefer to remain anonymous, videotaping this kind of stuff is going to be nothing but counter-productive.  They are a smart bunch, and the most professional in their field.

We will have conspirators no matter what.  Provide a photo, we'll call it doctored, give us a video, and we'll say Hollywood was behind it.  Best part is, that's all irrelevant when considering the retaliation it would bring.  Seriously, the SEALs could have taken a piss on his body, and we'll never know.  Best part is, that doesn't matter, because our government did the right thing and speak the facts regarding the situation.  Of course the President wouldn't get up on his podium and say "Today, we've assassinated America's greatest threat, Jimmy, roll the footage of the SEALs pissing on him, subsequently incriminating the entire United States and invoking imminent retaliation beyond imagination."

If you really honestly believed we are suckling the tit of the deceiving American government.  I challenge you, watch Al-Jazeera a month from his murder.  If he's alive, he will let us know.  Being former signals intelligence in the Marine Corps, I can vouch for the fact that he is a humble, well spoken, if not a bit big-headed individual, and he wouldn't be nearly as charismatic if his followers believed him dead.  If Al-Jazeera doesn't get their hands on a video from him in one month's, if not one week's time, I guarantee he is dead.
Good, a useful, well thought-out post, unlike any other here. You seem to be the only one that understands the intro of my post, that's why I'm replying only to you.

I'm not ignorant, nor am I blinded by my own beliefs. I'm merely sharing my point of view, and I'm in no way excluding every other possibility. I'm not pinpointing conspiracy to everything, I just see it as a possibility. It was odd to me that nobody made a post saying how it's another possibility. I expected biased opinion, and damn well I got it.

It wouldn't be taped if it wasn't meant to be taped. I remember America never thought twice about releasing all the pictures when Saddam was captured, even before he was hanged. How do you explain this, except for the fact that Osama was killed, not captured. The SEALs you're talking about are as professional as those that captured Saddam, yet they took photos, video records, etc.

Good point, if Osama really existed and is dead then there's nothing beneficial in recording any footage of him being dead, except for pleasing the whole nation. But I can't help but think something is very wrong about them throwing him in the water. Why would they care? They could've just took some samples of his DNA, and disposed off his body elsewhere. The body was thrown into the sea (or river, cba to recheck). This eliminates any chances of anyone ever finding Osama's body, and this is the strongest argument that made them choose to dispose his body in such manner. But come to think of it, what do they gain with this? Seriously, why wouldn't they leave the body where they killed him? Would save themselves some time. Also yes, I agree, it's best to remain anonymous in this kind of operation, but taking a photo doesn't really announce the photographer's name and face, right? All of the military men behind the capture of Saddam appeared and talked about it on some show before, and their families are still safe years later.

I agree, even if the pictures exist, I'd say they're shopped. Video feed? Sfx. But even then, it would convince me much more than story of Osama becoming fish food. The fact they took no kind of evidence is what makes the story seem suspicious. Sure, I see the problem with the immorality in showing a dead human being on any kind of media, but don't forget we've seen so much gruesome shit on the media, but yet we can't handle seeing the horror of your biggest foe's dead corpse? Not buying it. I still don't see the real point in killing Osama. Sure, your people hate him, but his attacks stopped in 2001. He really wasn't the world's most powerful terrorist anymore. Most hated yes, but he was basically already dying and had little to no impact on the world.

In the end, Osama could've been dead few years ago, when rumors about his death started to spread. Maybe it's just Obama wanting to get re-elected?

Cactuscat222

Quote from: Mystery on May 04, 2011, 08:12:57 PM
-snipp-

Very much so, then! I had a feeling I was maybe coming off as passive-aggressive, but I'm glad you didn't read it that way.

"I was not trying to say that disagreeing with someone over homosexuality/atheism/whatever was bad. There is a difference between disagreeing with something and unjust discrimination. I was partially referring to the imposing of devices that would hinder one of those groups and not benefit anyone, being done solely for the purpose of not letting people do something they should have every right to do(e.g., ban on same-sex marriage)."

100% on the mark.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Mystery

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on May 04, 2011, 08:59:33 PM
Quote from: Mystery on May 04, 2011, 08:12:57 PM
-snipp-

Very much so, then! I had a feeling I was maybe coming off as passive-aggressive, but I'm glad you didn't read it that way.

Haha, when I re-read my first post on this topic after posting it, I felt the exact same way.  :P