News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Stick Online V2 Open Source?

Started by thekolla, May 11, 2011, 03:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should stick online v2 source be released After v3 comes out?

Yes
4 (10%)
Yes,but only to trusted people
3 (7.5%)
No
33 (82.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

CherryPie

Quote from: T-Rok on May 28, 2011, 03:15:12 AM
Quote from: Meiun on May 27, 2011, 01:44:23 PM
Quote from: T-Rok on May 26, 2011, 05:29:56 PM
Pay Meiun $500. I don't he would disagree. Hahaha
Actually, I would probably at least at the time being turn that down as well. Money (while nice), does not appeal to me as much as creating something I'm proud of. While V2 in many ways is old and even perhaps somewhat "crappy" by my standards now, it is still an important part of Stick Online's history, and not something I'd just want to sell out on. Besides, I wouldn't want to give people a false representation of what SO was about, or what they can expect for the future by doing so. Open source can be a great thing, but often not or online/multiplayer based games, and not for this particular one.
What if a contract of some sort was agreed upon, legally witnessed and signed stating the source would be used for learning purposes only AND you got the $500? Of course, the actions taken if the contract was ignored would be some sort of serious business.

Lucifer

Best thing about this topic is the fact that it's a poll. A public poll about Meiun releasing SOv2's source.
Made my day right there, me thinks, thank you for that.

thekolla

Well, I wanted to see peoples opinion that's why i made the poll.

havok

Quote from: T-Rok on May 26, 2011, 05:29:56 PM
Quote from: Forum on May 19, 2011, 09:53:04 PM
Quote from: thekolla on May 11, 2011, 07:59:46 PM
Thanks for the input meiun. I agree with you now :p
Yes i agree too. I've wanted to learn how meiun made SO but i guess i'll have to stick to trying to get into a programming class.
Pay Meiun $500. I don't he would disagree. Hahaha

$500 says he would.

he doesn't wont people editing and slandering his work. is my guess. That and hosting servers all over editing it a little and saying they did the work.

i know some of you want it to practice pvp make perfect stat builds ect.

but nvm not going to go into this lol

$500 said he will turn you done cold in a heart beat