News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Rare weapons in store

Started by Supercowy, May 12, 2011, 04:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supercowy

Hey everyone,

I know this idea has been suggested before but I would like to bring it up once more. Many old players have stacked up gold over the years of playing. Some have gathered a few million, most of them have atleast around 1 million. What you see alot is that the old players have bad luck in trying to get good weapons / hats. I think it would be a great option to make some rare weapons available in store for ridiculous amounts of gold.
For example
GS: 500 K
SH: 800 K
IS : 1.5 Million
LSS: 2.5 Million

I have only tried to give an example of how high the prices could be. Through experience I know that it takes years of playing to get a million gold. Gold is currently a useless thing in V2 and I don't think that Meiun has made any plans of giving us a way to spend all of it. Maybe making these weapons available will give us high level players a reason to keep on training and be active in the game. I could see interest in the game growing again if this would come true, as most players got bored of trying to get that weapon they wanted for years without succes.

So, what do you guys think?

Thank you for Reading!

~Supercowy

Jmac

YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!! ;D I need that Stone Hammer!

Zario777

Eff no to the LSS being in stores. What kind of legendary thing can be bought? Thats like a legendary pokemon being able to caught just by affording the Master Ball. It loses its worth =/
Maybe Fedora in shop instead?
What would be the minimum requirements to play SO on my computer?
i7 core running at 3.6 ghz 16gb ram minimum with at least 2 x ATI Radeon HD 4870. Best played with full surround sound and a 30" widescreen moniter.

Mystery

Quote from: Zario777 on May 12, 2011, 08:11:28 PM
Eff no to the LSS being in stores. What kind of legendary thing can be bought? Thats like a legendary pokemon being able to caught just by affording the Master Ball. It loses its worth =/
Maybe Fedora in shop instead?
Then Fedora would lose whatever little worth/rarity it has to most players(don't get me wrong, it's a VERY good hat, but your build has to be catered to it like mine is). Because everyone has so much Gold, they can buy it at any (reasonable) price you suggest.

Also, the varying worth of items in Stick Online are ridiculously skewed as is.

EDIT: I'd just like to point out, I support items being sold in shops, mainly Great Sword, as it is such a common and potentially good weapon in the PVP endgame nowadays.

EDIT #2: As well as a significant drop rate increase.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Beastmode

Jmac

Quote from: Mystery on May 12, 2011, 08:33:03 PM
EDIT #2: As well as a significant drop rate increase.
Yes please. ;) It seems like this game won't let you get the item that is actually catered to your build. Weird, but seems true to date.

darkflash

jmax true we need that sh D:

CherryPie

Quote from: Supercowy on May 13, 2011, 03:49:48 AM
Quote from: Beastmode on May 12, 2011, 08:39:33 PM
NO JUST NO

Arguments?
He got a GS recently. People always base their decisions on events that happened in the near past.

Beastmode

Its not because of tht itz because everyone wouldnt try for the weapon they want they would just try for the weapon only and tht wouldnt be any fun at al

lThis makes no sense so dont worry about reading this at all

foG

I'd def. agree to certain items being put into the store (GS, Slasher, IS). I mean it seems like SOv3 is gonna be beta released in the near future so why not have a little fun?

Made by EpicPhail.

http://mr.foglet.mybrute.com/
Fight my brute Mr.foGlet. =D

CherryPie

Quote from: foG on May 13, 2011, 08:18:43 AM
I'd def. agree to certain items being put into the store (GS, Slasher, IS). I mean it seems like SOv3 is gonna be beta released in the near future so why not have a little fun?

Meiun has yet to decide, whether or not the v2 donor server will still be up after the release of v3. ;)

But I somewhat agree, considering that there won't be any official tournaments in v2, why not give everyone the ability to get his/her desired items for some gold, so everyone will enjoy pvping.

Supercowy

Quote from: CherryPie on May 13, 2011, 08:36:14 AM

Meiun has yet to decide, whether or not the v2 donor server will still be up after the release of v3. ;)

But I somewhat agree, considering that there won't be any official tournaments in v2, why not give everyone the ability to get his/her desired items for some gold, so everyone will enjoy pvping.

Yes , I agree. This is somewhat the reason behind my suggestion. With the new version probably coming up this year, why not give us the oppertunity to get those items we have always wanted in Stick, and enjoy playing version 2 like we had always wanted to.

@ Meiun has yet to decide, whether or not the v2 donor server will still be up after the release of v3. ;)

Do you think anyone will be playing on v2 once v3 is released? I personally think people won't. Maybe a few, but it won't be worth it to hunt for months in v2 to get your desired item. People will rather spend months in v3.

Mystery

Quote from: Beastmode on May 13, 2011, 07:39:42 AM
Its not because of tht itz because everyone wouldnt try for the weapon they want they would just try for the weapon only and tht wouldnt be any fun at all
Yes, because hunting for an item for an outrageously long time whilst not actually getting it is SOOOO much more fun.
^This.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Zario777

Fedora is already dropped by two things, it doesn't have that high ofa value like LSS
What would be the minimum requirements to play SO on my computer?
i7 core running at 3.6 ghz 16gb ram minimum with at least 2 x ATI Radeon HD 4870. Best played with full surround sound and a 30" widescreen moniter.