News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Rare weapons in store

Started by Supercowy, May 12, 2011, 04:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supercowy

So give your opinions. What items should be put into stores?

I say:

Dkh
DH
SH
IS
Slasher
WH?

Jmac

In terms of v3, I say that a good damage/stam weapon (like the WH) should be put in the store for about the price of a pirate hat. This would allow easier training for everyone early on, but it should be made into a shitty pvp weapon so it wouldn't be abused. However, in terms of v2, it would be a good idea for hats to be in the store (not saying it's gonna happen) since they're not as table-turning in pvp like weapons are.(excluding BC and GB)

Zario777

The only item that should be in stores is GS for alot. Because if you don't have at least a GS, you can't really pvp
What would be the minimum requirements to play SO on my computer?
i7 core running at 3.6 ghz 16gb ram minimum with at least 2 x ATI Radeon HD 4870. Best played with full surround sound and a 30" widescreen moniter.

Tidus

Frankly, I like the stores the way they are. Having to hunt for drops is a lot more fun than just trying to get as much gold as you can so you can buy them. Also, it makes it a lot more enjoyable when you finally get it, because you do not expect it. If you could just buy all those items, no one would likely hunt for them anymore, rather just go train at temple since it is the fastest way to get money, which again isn't as fun. That would be my opinion on the matter :).

Zario777

Quote from: Tidus on May 15, 2011, 02:56:27 PM
Frankly, I like the stores the way they are. Having to hunt for drops is a lot more fun than just trying to get as much gold as you can so you can buy them. Also, it makes it a lot more enjoyable when you finally get it, because you do not expect it. If you could just buy all those items, no one would likely hunt for them anymore, rather just go train at temple since it is the fastest way to get money, which again isn't as fun. That would be my opinion on the matter :).

The Petrollium has spoken B)
What would be the minimum requirements to play SO on my computer?
i7 core running at 3.6 ghz 16gb ram minimum with at least 2 x ATI Radeon HD 4870. Best played with full surround sound and a 30" widescreen moniter.

Mystery

I'm not sure how grinding for an obnoxious amount of time daily and never once being guaranteed anything out of it is more fun than being given a fairer chance to obtain moderately good items and do what you want with them.

I am aware that people do get items by grinding. I myself got a BC recently after grinding for a long time at bandits(even if the focus was Spire Dagger, I still wanted Bandit Cover to wear whenever a slow account put it on, otherwise they're as fast as me). However, this is essentially the ONLY item I got as a result of grinding for a while. Everything else I got by due to happenstance, and a good fifth of my inventory was obtained solely from GM spawning.

You're also implying that everyone eventually gets the specific drops they want, which in a considerable amount of cases, never happens. Grinding for items is just like grinding for money, except in the case of money grinding, you are ACTUALLY GUARANTEED to get the cash, making the game reward you more for your actions instead of it essentially being a lottery.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Jmac

I've been at the mountain for 9 days trying for a SH. I've killed 162 RB's and all I've received is Vikings and Knight Helms. This games drop rate is ridiculous. :(

Tidus

Quote from: Mystery on May 15, 2011, 03:07:24 PM
I'm not sure how grinding for an obnoxious amount of time daily and never once being guaranteed anything out of it is more fun than being given a fairer chance to obtain moderately good items and do what you want with them.

I am aware that people do get items by grinding. I myself got a BC recently after grinding for a long time at bandits(even if the focus was Spire Dagger, I still wanted Bandit Cover to wear whenever a slow account put it on, otherwise they're as fast as me). However, this is essentially the ONLY item I got as a result of grinding for a while. Everything else I got by due to happenstance, and a good fifth of my inventory was obtained solely from GM spawning.

You're also implying that everyone eventually gets the specific drops they want, which in a considerable amount of cases, never happens. Grinding for items is just like grinding for money, except in the case of money grinding, you are ACTUALLY GUARANTEED to get the cash, making the game reward you more for your actions instead of it essentially being a lottery.

I said that is my opinion, and in my opinion I find grinding and searching for an item more fun than just going and buying it.

I know you like to complain about your luck, but just because you have some bad luck and want all these items that you are having a hard time getting doesn't mean things need to change. I'll throw in my opinion to your third paragraph here too...I am not trying to imply that everyone eventually gets the drop they want, and sorry if it came off like that. I am merely saying that I think it is better to have the people with great luck who can get items and brag about it and the people with bad luck who go on complaining about it rather than having things guaranteed to you through hard work. In the real world (yes I'm comparing SO to the real world, and yes even I lol'd at myself for doing so), you don't get everything you want through hard work alone, it also takes some luck.

I'll go ahead and sum my point up so there won't be confusion as to what I'm getting at (my wording tends to get a bit confusing sometimes, sorry). I would rather see people, myself included, work hard and fail to achieve the item they want and continue to work at it, then to grind for x amount of hours and have it guaranteed to you.

Supercowy

Quote from: Jmacrules on May 15, 2011, 03:11:21 PM
I've been at the mountain for 9 days trying for a SH. I've killed 162 Rb's and all I've received is Vikings and Knight Helms. This games drop rate is ridiculous. :(

It's definitely not the drop rate. It almost seems like there is a bug in the drop system(which I am almost 100% sure of meiun could never program without noticing) which causes an item's drop rate to become lower when you reach too far past the threshold. Take Jmac, allforfree and me for example. We have spent very much time at the mountain and we probably killed the most RB's out of anyone , and we never got an SH. Yesterday, I had been at the mountain for 5 straight hours and I killed over 30 rb's in that time. I never got anything. Sarithra passes by and does like 5 hits on the RB, Stone hammer dropped. The day before, I had been at the mountain for a couple of hours when I went for bandits to scout people to hunt with me. Slayer joined, and as soon as he killed his second RB, SH dropped. After like 15 rb's, and being only 50 minutes further, he got DKH from an RB.

Now I am not saying there is a bug, because this was most likely all luck. But I think everyone can imagine how it feels when you see similar things happen. You get angry, and everytime something like this happens I felt like quitting because it is all so unfair.

Giving high level players the chance to obtain these rare weapons by spending their (hard earned) coins that they gathered over the years  would definitely relieve some of the pain.

Mystery

Quote from: Tidus on May 15, 2011, 03:39:52 PM
Quote from: Mystery on May 15, 2011, 03:07:24 PM

I said that is my opinion, and in my opinion I find grinding and searching for an item more fun than just going and buying it.

I know you like to complain about your luck, but just because you have some bad luck and want all these items that you are having a hard time getting doesn't mean things need to change. I'll throw in my opinion to your third paragraph here too...I am not trying to imply that everyone eventually gets the drop they want, and sorry if it came off like that. I am merely saying that I think it is better to have the people with great luck who can get items and brag about it and the people with bad luck who go on complaining about it rather than having things guaranteed to you through hard work. In the real world (yes I'm comparing SO to the real world, and yes even I lol'd at myself for doing so), you don't get everything you want through hard work alone, it also takes some luck.

I'll go ahead and sum my point up so there won't be confusion as to what I'm getting at (my wording tends to get a bit confusing sometimes, sorry). I would rather see people, myself included, work hard and fail to achieve the item they want and continue to work at it, then to grind for x amount of hours and have it guaranteed to you.
I am sorry, I did not think that was your opinion and that you were just generally stating that it was that way for everyone. It's perfectly fine then. (Yes, I realize I'm being a tad hypocritical here, but I really didn't think anyone would actually prefer to have drops sooner than far later, considering the rate at which certain people get rare items, and how it somewhat raises the bar for everyone else. Apparently I was wrong.)

I am not attempting to cast my viewpoint onto others, but I know that several people have expressed similar opinions with the same reasoning behind it, moreso than on the other end of the spectrum, and it's not for selfish reasons. It's because it's outrageously difficult for a donor server on an incomplete game that's been up for several years. I have not run into a single other game that was so difficult to get what you want in.

Considering your comparing SO to the real world(I also lol'd), I never liked that it is that way, and I honestly don't think others do either. It substitutes devotion, skill, drive and pure intentions for chance, and I can't think of a single person who likes a system so heavily based on it.

Also note, I'm not saying we should all grind for 50 hours for one item, I find that ridiculous.

Sorry if I sounded passive-aggressive in this comment or in my last one, I try not to.

Supercowy

It's because it's outrageously difficult for a donor server on an incomplete game that's been up for several years. I have not run into a single other game that was so difficult to get what you want in.

Considering your comparing SO to the real world(I also lol'd), I never liked that it is that way, and I honestly don't think others do either. It substitutes devotion, skill, drive and pure intentions for chance, and I can't think of a single person who likes a system so heavily based on it.

Also note, I'm not saying we should all grind for 50 hours for one item, I find that ridiculous.

I think that is a thing we should certainly not forget when discussing this item. Stick online v2 is a donor server and is basically set up as a "thank you" for our support. With the release of the first parts of V3 coming near, we should all be able to have fun in the server in a way we wanted to. V2 is no longer open to everyone so we shouldn't have to grind countless hours to get the item that we want. If we were discussing about putting rare items in the shops in v3, I would definitely say NO.

Forum

Been suggested a numerous amount of times what makes you think targeting it again now makes a difference? I don't support this.
Officially quitted

Mystery

Quote from: Forum on May 15, 2011, 06:37:49 PM
Been suggested a numerous amount of times what makes you think targeting it again now makes a difference? I don't support this.
Mind saying why not?

Tidus

Quote from: Supercowy on May 15, 2011, 04:15:54 PM

It's because it's outrageously difficult for a donor server on an incomplete game that's been up for several years. I have not run into a single other game that was so difficult to get what you want in.

I think that is a thing we should certainly not forget when discussing this item. Stick online v2 is a donor server and is basically set up as a "thank you" for our support. With the release of the first parts of V3 coming near, we should all be able to have fun in the server in a way we wanted to. V2 is no longer open to everyone so we shouldn't have to grind countless hours to get the item that we want. If we were discussing about putting rare items in the shops in v3, I would definitely say NO.

I was pretty much taking this suggestion like this, something to start in v2 and carry over to v3, which is mainly what I was arguing against. If its just for the end of v2 to have some fun, then I'll take back my argument :).

Supercowy

Quote from: Forum on May 15, 2011, 06:37:49 PM

Because when it was last suggested, v2 was still open to everyone and the release of v3 was many years away. Now that v2 won't be around for too long anymore, I think that makes a difference.