News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Rare weapons in store

Started by Supercowy, May 12, 2011, 04:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CherryPie

Quote from: Supercowy on May 16, 2011, 07:32:05 AM
Quote from: Forum on May 15, 2011, 06:37:49 PM
Been suggested a numerous amount of times what makes you think targeting it again now makes a difference? I don't support this.

Because when it was last suggested, v2 was still open to everyone and the release of v3 was many years away. Now that v2 won't be around for too long anymore, I think that makes a difference.

Well, if I remember correctly, it was last suggested in november by myself, and if I remember correctly SOv2 was donors only back then already ;)

-> http://www.stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=1587.0

Supercowy

Quote from: CherryPie on May 16, 2011, 08:50:39 AM
Been suggested a numerous amount of times what makes you think targeting it again now makes a difference? I don't support this.

Because when it was last suggested, v2 was still open to everyone and the release of v3 was many years away. Now that v2 won't be around for too long anymore, I think that makes a difference.

Well, if I remember correctly, it was last suggested in november by myself, and if I remember correctly SOv2 was donors only back then already ;)

Oh sorry, I didn't see that topic. Well it seems that the idea now has more supporters than in november last year.

CherryPie

Quote from: Supercowy on May 16, 2011, 12:18:56 PM
Quote from: CherryPie on May 16, 2011, 08:50:39 AM

Oh sorry, I didn't see that topic. Well it seems that the idea now has more supporters than in november last year.

It had a hell lot of supporters back then already (28 wanted buyable tier-1-weps, 9 didn't), but the problem is that meiun just doesn't like the idea at all. I honestly think he would rather multiply all drop rates *10 before putting rare stuff in the store, otherwise we could buy slashers now, because dan suggested that directly to him.

Lucifer

I've stated my opinion on the subject numerous times, but I'll insert my melodramatic 2? once again.

Regrettably, Meiun was never (and to my knowledge, will never be) able to implement the Clan System into SOv2. The drops and the drop rates were all centered around the aspect of not personal power, but power in teamwork. Meiun always desired SOv2 to be a social game, and when one found thyself facing an opponent with weapons that destroy you, you were encouraged to find friends with weapons to counter your nemesis. Alas, we have this system which supports clans and a variety of active players, and lacks both.

Because of this I support certain weapons which have the most drastic effect on PvP, so much that lacking them will severely hamper your ability to perform, to be available in the shop or provided with major increases in their drop rate. Spire Dagger, Slasher, and the Inferno Sword would be my nomination. I argue that sticking the Great Sword in the shop will cause a massive decrease in desert activity, which is not something we want to achieve with this idea. Also, once obtaining the Great Sword, in terms of PvP it is a strict downgrade from the IS, effecting PvP to the point that where opponents could h4h you GSvsGS, they cannot when GSvsIS. I also feel that the Great Sword is iconic of Stick Online, and would in a way be tarnished if obtained so easily, but that's just a personal opinion.

From conversations I've had with Meiun, I believe he does not wish to tarnish the memory of Stick Online by making such changes to the game. I too believe we should keep SOv2 as pure as possible, but I also believe that as it stands it is not the game it once was. I don't believe items should have such drastic effects on PvP, I don't believe players should be forced through rage and depression before finding what they require to enjoy the game, and I want every fight to be skill pitted against skill with no strings attached. I respect SOv2's original goal, however with the lack of the Clan System I believe that goal needs some refinement.

Supercowy

Quote from: Lucifer on May 16, 2011, 05:56:40 PM
I've stated my opinion on the subject numerous times, but I'll insert my melodramatic 2? once again.

Regrettably, Meiun was never (and to my knowledge, will never be) able to implement the Clan System into SOv2. The drops and the drop rates were all centered around the aspect of not personal power, but power in teamwork. Meiun always desired SOv2 to be a social game, and when one found thyself facing an opponent with weapons that destroy you, you were encouraged to find friends with weapons to counter your nemesis. Alas, we have this system which supports clans and a variety of active players, and lacks both.

Because of this I support certain weapons which have the most drastic effect on PvP, so much that lacking them will severely hamper your ability to perform, to be available in the shop or provided with major increases in their drop rate. Spire Dagger, Slasher, and the Inferno Sword would be my nomination. I argue that sticking the Great Sword in the shop will cause a massive decrease in desert activity, which is not something we want to achieve with this idea. Also, once obtaining the Great Sword, in terms of PvP it is a strict downgrade from the IS, effecting PvP to the point that where opponents could h4h you GSvsGS, they cannot when GSvsIS. I also feel that the Great Sword is iconic of Stick Online, and would in a way be tarnished if obtained so easily, but that's just a personal opinion.

From conversations I've had with Meiun, I believe he does not wish to tarnish the memory of Stick Online by making such changes to the game. I too believe we should keep SOv2 as pure as possible, but I also believe that as it stands it is not the game it once was. I don't believe items should have such drastic effects on PvP, I don't believe players should be forced through rage and depression before finding what they require to enjoy the game, and I want every fight to be skill pitted against skill with no strings attached. I respect SOv2's original goal, however with the lack of the Clan System I believe that goal needs some refinement.

Amen

Forum

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Officially quitted