News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Wanderlust: Rebirth

Started by Meiun, June 02, 2011, 03:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meiun

I know this game has been mentioned a while back on the forums, but seeing as the game just now officially entered open beta (and is set for it's official release June 14th), I figure I will post it again. Wanderlust is an awesome multiplayer action adventure RPG created by two extremely talented developers (whom I have known nearly since I began coding/making games). They have spent years developing the game, and it is truly the most professional and high quality game made with GM that I have ever seen. The first 3 chapters are available during beta, and all 10 (as well as the games extremely fun Crawl mode) are available once it is released on June 14th. I HIGHLY suggest you all try it out if you haven't heard of it already, lots of fun, and lots of replay value.

Mystery

I have attempted to get the resource files numerous times via START.exe, but I haven't been able to. I do have an account on Reflect Games, created for the sole purpose of trying this out, because I've known about Wanderlust for a good while and have been wanting to try it when it was about ready to launch.

When I looked through the forums for assistance, I found out that anti-virus software and firewall intrusion was most likely responsible, but after very temporarily turning off ALL off those processes, nothing was the same. I have Avast! Free Antivirus and Comodo Firewall. It should also probably be noted that START.exe was able to update the version of Wanderlust, (which I'm not sure made a difference as I had to click 'update' each time I ran it) but it could not find any files whatsoever for the resources.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Meiun

Quote from: Mystery on June 02, 2011, 05:34:36 PM
I have attempted to get the resource files numerous times via START.exe, but I haven't been able to. I do have an account on Reflect Games, created for the sole purpose of trying this out, because I've known about Wanderlust for a good while and have been wanting to try it when it was about ready to launch.

When I looked through the forums for assistance, I found out that anti-virus software and firewall intrusion was most likely responsible, but after very temporarily turning off ALL off those processes, nothing was the same. I have Avast! Free Antivirus and Comodo Firewall. It should also probably be noted that START.exe was able to update the version of Wanderlust, (which I'm not sure made a difference as I had to click 'update' each time I ran it) but it could not find any files whatsoever for the resources.
You tried both Start.exe as well as Start2.exe? Also, try running as administrator if your able maybe? I'm not sure, I guess post about it on their forums for support/bug reporting. I've had a few minor issues with their launcher as well in the past.

Mystery

Quote from: Meiun on June 02, 2011, 05:40:47 PM
Quote from: Mystery on June 02, 2011, 05:34:36 PM

You tried both Start.exe as well as Start2.exe? Also, try running as administrator if your able maybe? I'm not sure, I guess post about it on their forums for support/bug reporting. I've had a few minor issues with their launcher as well in the past.
Yes, I have tried both, and I have full administrator privileges on my computer.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

ARTgames

I would not be here on this forums if some one (was it you Meiun?) told me about stick online on Wanderlust.

sly 3 4 me

Managed to download the game and begin to play it, it took a full 5 minutes for the client to load the game though, which I don't think is right. I progressed through the tutorial to the point where I'm meant to log in to the ReflectGames account. I had an account before I downloaded the game, but when I enter in the details into the client it freezes for a good 3 minutes until it finally says 'Invalid Login or Password'. I've tried two accounts now and have no way of progressing if I can't log in it seems.

Scotty

Not a good start reading all the issues so far.

I played it way back in 2008 when it was only a couple of levels, thoroughly enjoyed it.  It's multiplayer right?  We'll have to get some online games going sometime.

Meiun

Quote from: sly 3 4 me on June 02, 2011, 07:46:25 PM
Managed to download the game and begin to play it, it took a full 5 minutes for the client to load the game though, which I don't think is right. I progressed through the tutorial to the point where I'm meant to log in to the ReflectGames account. I had an account before I downloaded the game, but when I enter in the details into the client it freezes for a good 3 minutes until it finally says 'Invalid Login or Password'. I've tried two accounts now and have no way of progressing if I can't log in it seems.
Hrmph, I dunno what to tell you on that one. I've played a good bit and haven't had any issues like that. As we speak I'm hosting a game for a bunch of people on it with no issue. I suggest posting about it on the games forums for tech support: http://forums.reflectgames.com/viewforum.php?f=12&sid=02a202cef65f67d0c8b5baf6130166ba

After all, it did just go into its open beta, so bound to be a few kinks.

Cactuscat222

Quote"A true masters creation." - Meiun

Hehe, straight from the front page. :P

I played this a long while back with my brothers, fully intend on picking it up now and on release to play all over again. Was so much fun, we just wanted more chapters to play, and now we will! Huzzah!

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Meiun

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on June 03, 2011, 02:27:33 AM
Quote"A true masters creation." - Meiun

Hehe, straight from the front page. :P

I played this a long while back with my brothers, fully intend on picking it up now and on release to play all over again. Was so much fun, we just wanted more chapters to play, and now we will! Huzzah!
Ha, yeah. That was from a long time ago. I've known the devs for many many years now, since I was first starting off making games of my own and learning to program.

sly 3 4 me

Quote from: Meiun on June 03, 2011, 02:25:03 AM
Hrmph, I dunno what to tell you on that one. I've played a good bit and haven't had any issues like that. As we speak I'm hosting a game for a bunch of people on it with no issue. I suggest posting about it on the games forums for tech support: http://forums.reflectgames.com/viewforum.php?f=12&sid=02a202cef65f67d0c8b5baf6130166ba

Managed to fix the problem with the logging in issue by looking back at the download page and noting antivirus software may interfere with the connection. By disabling the firewall it allowed me to connect, yet when I start the game up it still seems to be a bit slow. I'm not quite sure on the time it should be, or if it's actually normal for the start-up time I'm having right now. It's around a minute and a half for me to run the .exe for the client itself and then finally be at the menu where it says 'Press Space to Begin'. Does that seem around normal, or should it be lower?

Meiun

Quote from: sly 3 4 me on June 03, 2011, 04:32:05 AM
Quote from: Meiun on June 03, 2011, 02:25:03 AM

Managed to fix the problem with the logging in issue by looking back at the download page and noting antivirus software may interfere with the connection. By disabling the firewall it allowed me to connect, yet when I start the game up it still seems to be a bit slow. I'm not quite sure on the time it should be, or if it's actually normal for the start-up time I'm having right now. It's around a minute and a half for me to run the .exe for the client itself and then finally be at the menu where it says 'Press Space to Begin'. Does that seem around normal, or should it be lower?
It's wayyyy quicker than that for me. What kind of computer are you running it on? I do think that the first time the game loads after downloading a new resource pack tends to be a bit slower though. Also, for in game performance, maybe try fiddling with some of the options such as animated BG's and such?

d2king10

If the game is hanging for that long or you are hanging when talking to Gregin, it is because of anti-virus software. A lot of users try to just disable it, but a lot of times that won't work. You have to shut it down, most of the time they still run in the background even if they are "disabled".

I wish there was something we could do in regards to the anti-virus software but I don't believe there is.  :'(

Cactuscat222

d2king10! While you are here, can you explain the way the completion percentage of levels works?

It seems if you use any amount of continues, the most you can get is a 50% completion. If you use none, only then can you get above 50%. Is this correct, or am I missing something? Thanks in advance!

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

d2king10

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on June 03, 2011, 08:11:30 PM
d2king10! While you are here, can you explain the way the completion percentage of levels works?

It seems if you use any amount of continues, the most you can get is a 50% completion. If you use none, only then can you get above 50%. Is this correct, or am I missing something? Thanks in advance!

You get a % based on how good/bad you do. In normal mode, you cannot go under 50% (this is to make it easier for people playing by themselves), but the only penalty you get for dying (besides the death badge) is that after 3 continues you cannot continue to the next chapter until you beat that chapter without dying 3 times. The reason you are getting 50% is because you simply aren't getting a high enough score (the deaths are bringing your score down a lot)...sometimes it is best to go to the next chapter and get 50% (50 more cp) and build your character up a bit then go back to the earlier chapters and 100% them.