News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Ranged wepons

Started by House, June 04, 2011, 05:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

House

ok i gone and done something better i hope
Its ah shot gun i got 2 i personelly like the first one better than the second i hope you like it
i thought it would do around 20 base damage like mystery suggested takes about 35 stam and that is it

The bow is what you all wanted so i made one about 30 damage even more or less 5 stam same as you choose if it to big or small
and sorry they are so small some one else could make them bigger or make their own and post here
i have added a Boomerang about 20 or 10 base damage uses 5 int and would drop from cactus

AND YOU CAN GET OUT
Quote from: DR4N3 on August 11, 2011, 10:31:58 AM
Guns? In my Stick Online?
Quote from: Lucifer on June 04, 2011, 06:42:52 PM
Quote from: Chaos on June 04, 2011, 06:12:38 PM
Get out.
ALL HAPPY NOW???
CAUSE I HOPE SO >:C

Chaos

Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Lucifer

Mystery

I WAS going to insert a quote by EpicPhail from the 'Stat Ganier thing' topic which expresses my sentiments on this topic perfectly, but for some reason it's been deleted, so meh.

Saying things like 'Get out' to the OP, who is almost certainly considerably young, impressionable, and easily upset does nothing and can be misconstrued as a personal attack, even though I'm really not sure IF it was intended to be or not. The possibility is there.

Extremely basic constructional criticism will help him to improve and move beyond very basic and horrible suggestions like this, and possibly become a better member of this tight-knit community.

Quote from: House on June 04, 2011, 05:35:13 PM
i thought it would do around 60 damage tell me if thats to much or to low and if my sprite sucks
Give me some tips??
First off, you need to provide more information. You should tell us what kind of gun it is intended to be, if it would be like the infinite-use Dual Pistols that Meiun has as his GM weapon in-game, or use ammunition that may be store-bought. Also, compare your throwaway damage number to the rest of the weapons in the game. The only public ones that deal even vaguely similar damage(50 and slightly above, respectively) are the Stone Hammer and the Legendary Sand Blade.

Regarding the sprite, I can't recognize it as any kind of gun, and it's overall extremely mediocre. Work on your shading and general shape of the gun to make it actually look like one. Try using a real gun picture as a reference.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

sly 3 4 me

It looks kind of like an upside down spiked soccer shoe or something. I don't think guns fit into the game in the manner right now; I'll assume it's an idea for version 3 then? I don't think guns fit into a game such as this due to the simplistic manner. As Mystery mentioned, Meiun does have the dual pistols which are guns obviously, but I don't think any type of gun which can be owned by players would fit in well.

Freeforall

It's not a bad idea, and not a bad sprite, it just won't work in this game.

Forum

Quote from: House on June 04, 2011, 05:35:13 PM
i thought it would do around 60 damage tell me if thats to much or to low and if my sprite sucks
Give me some tips??
It doesn't look like a gun to me. House, try comparing it to a real gun like a hand gun and try to make it like Meiuns duel pistals as a basis. Other than that thats pretty much all ive got.
Officially quitted

House

added to new shot guns description is in first post

Jmac

It looks alright, although the edges look pretty choppy to me. It would be cool to have it as a close range weapon with minor knockback. Probably less than 50 base damage using v2's damage system as that would put it on par with the SH. Maybe around GS damage (40) would be alright if it used less stamina. That's my only input.

House

ok thanks for advice

DR4N3

Gho$t

Guns are not such a bad idea in my opinion. The damage is a little absurd, it is far to high as stated above. However I don't think a single ranged weapon should appear at a time it would cause it to be over powered and then everyone would use one specific weapon. I am pretty sure thats probably the case atm with GS/IS and what not. However to expand upon your idea and I know it has been mentioned but perhaps Bows/Crossbows and other lower powered guns. Also I don't think the damage should even be remotely close to that of a melee weapon. Damage should be small seeing as you are getting to sit back and attack, Also the knock back should not be severe at all. or people would just spam attack with guns. Also no fully automatic guns as that seems lame in every possible way I can think of it playing out. Ammo as suggested by Mystery was a good idea, Seeing as only a GM deserves the right to infinite ammo perhaps we could buy arrows/bolts/bullets from the store or get them as drops. Ranged combat is something I support so as to change things up a bit and make it slightly more tactical. Also your handgun sprite needs a lot of work, I can't really say whats wrong besides it doesn't resemble a gun to me. The shotgun however looks pretty decent, it could use some work but overall not to bad. Hopefully I haven't discouraged you but instead have inspired you to expand upon your suggestion.

KaptainKohl

I really dont think guns fit in with the style of Stick Online. It would be more like Bows that would fit in. But since we are talking about guns i will give a few comments.

i agree that the damage is way to much, if the same damage system is used as said by others it needs to be lower
Quotei thought it would do around 50 base damage like mystery suggested takes about 35 stam and that is it
If not i would think it needs a longer cool down time like 5 sec before each shot because it would be real cheap to shot a 50 powered weapon from a longer range very fast.
Also for your sprites, idk if there just an example but they would be way to big for the Stick man to hold. I sugest you make them a little smaller

Forum

Get out.
No. Meiun has pistols which are guns. There are already guns in the game. Have you not played Stick online.
Officially quitted

Gho$t

Quote from: Forum on August 11, 2011, 06:40:43 PM
Get out.
No. Meiun has pistols which are guns. There are already guns in the game. Have you not played Stick online.

My thoughts exactly, people saying that they don't fit into the game when there is at least one set in the game... I wanted to say this earlier in my prior post but forgot to mention it or saw it irrelevant at the time of posting. And everyone should remember that this is just a suggestion so don't be hating on someone for trying to throw an idea out there.