News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

HP/Stam Pot System

Started by NotoriousM4^, June 25, 2011, 04:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NotoriousM4^

S.O. v2 Potting System

Not sure if there is really a point to adding anything else to S.O. v2, but I think it would lessen the pain/boredom of grinding alone on SOv2 if pots would drop from monsters.

How it would work

You wouldn't need to click on it to use it. (so no inventing or icon needed, just walk over it, it disappears and it is automatically used by your character) This way it won't effect PvPing (people won't be able to save pots and use during battle)

No need for any special animations, just a simple red line of text:
"You have used a [Small/Medium/Large] [HP/Stamina] pot."
------
Drop rates

Im thinking the drop rate should vary from 5~15% depending on the following factors:
1. How many people are on.
(If there are more people on the less chance pots will drop, besides when your sitting your most likely chatting with others who are on).

2. How much the pot heals.
(The more it heals the less chance of dropping; there could also be different pots small big large or w/e +5%, +25%, +50%).
------
INT and Potting?

I also think it would be a pretty cool chance to give INT more of a factor in-game; INT would:
(Give you a small boost in chance that a pot will drop by [.05%~3%] or boost the effectiveness of pot usage by [1%~5%]).

-----
Comments, Thoughts, Concerns, Ideas...

Mystery

I would really enjoy seeing this in-game. I don't have any criticism, because I can't think of an area you didn't already cover when brainstorming this.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

NotoriousM4^

Quote from: Mystery on June 25, 2011, 04:21:16 PM
I would really enjoy seeing this in-game. I don't have any criticism, because I can't think of an area you didn't already cover when brainstorming this.

Haha, thanks. The idea came to me in-game, I was at temple with only 3 players on, 1 of which was afk and the other was somewhere else. I was thinking "Man this would be more entertaining if I had something to look forward to every now and then, not to mention help speed up the training". The addition of pots would also help smooth out the game-play, you wouldn't have the sit, wait, and fight cycle so often.

Chaos

I was ready to already hate this idea because of all the reasons potions have already been shot down, but ended up surprised and glad to see an actual well-thought idea.  I support this.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

king

hey I am starting to play SO again so I thought getting more active in forums would be fun. So I support this idea. Well thought out.

IDEA:
It's not the best, but it is a start.

ARTgames

Well I'm not sure how many people are on should matter. Just because they are on does not mean they are with you. Also there are times with you are with them but they are just afk. (>_> or they are just boring people <_<)  Unless you mean by people in your zone.

Quoteor boost the effectiveness of pot usage by [1%~5%]
I like that part with your INT idea! And I the other parts of the system.

Forum

I support, pots would be a great addition to PVE though not really in PVP
Officially quitted

Mystery

Quote from: Forum on June 26, 2011, 06:12:13 PM
I support, pots would be a great addition to PVE though not really in PVP
If you had actually read the OP, you would know that the system Notor is suggesting forces the pots to be instant-effect (I.E., only drop from monsters and are used upon contact with them), so it would be impossible to get one during a PVP.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Lucifer

Reminds me of this health orb system they're going with in Diablo 3... curious how that's going to work.
Anyways, not a bad idea. Stick Online really does need some change to the cycle of fighting and sitting, and this would be as good an approach as any. My 2cents would be that small/medium/large is unnecessary, one potion with a fixed heal % based on your max health/stamina seems more logical to me. Doubtful that the INT drop rate idea would be implemented, stats effecting drop rates just doesn't seem to me like something Meiun would do, but I'm all for it anyways. I'd say that INT increasing the healing amount would be a definite, as this would effectively damage INTs already lacking effectiveness as a stat.

*Edit
I could go for larger potions being dropped by boss mobs, this could possibly make fighting multiple bosses much less of a pain.

Just going to throw a couple ideas idea into the mix here;
What about a 100% chance to drop a potion from a boss mob? Newbs are always complaining about multiple BAs and such, it might be neat if no matter how many hits they got on one they'd receive a healing item to help with the next.
How about health & stamina healing potions, instead of different drops? I could imagine it being aggravating if you pick up a health potion when you're out of stamina, or visa versa, it seems more smooth flowing to me to just heal both.