News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Mac vs PC (Winner: No one. Stop arguing!)

Started by 11clock, June 27, 2011, 10:51:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotty

Quote from: DarkTrinity on June 27, 2011, 03:47:52 PM
I like how you make a topic about how much you hate debates, yet you are technically debating your personal opinion by starting this topic, and therefore opening yourself up to be debated against. lol.

And I still say PC>mac :P

And unless you can give me proof that Mac is better for multimedia purposes, I don't believe it. Every program you can run on Mac, there's a PC version of it. soooo....?

Final Cut Pro is exclusive to Mac, no version made for Windows (I really wish there were, excellent software).
http://www.apple.com/finalcutpro/top-features/

EDIT: Also, the iOS SDK is exclusive to Macs, so if anyone wants to tap into developing for iOS is screwed without a Mac.  Not saying that is alright for Macs to alienate the majority of PC owners who go Windows, just sayin...  Wasn't there a time when iTunes could only be used on Macs and they came out with the iPods and only Mac users could use them?  Maybe I'm wrong, I didn't get an iPod when iTunes was (I think) Mac exclusive, so I wouldn't know.

Lucifer

Yo dawg we heard you dun leik debates, so we put debates in your anti-debates so you could debate about debates while we debate.

In all seriousness, some people get a kick out of debates/arguements, others like myself don't really give a shit. (hence why you haven't seen my fat white ass in any debate thread to date). My question is, why are you giving a shit? You obviously don't like them, so why bother to look at them at all? Nobody is forcing you, heck nobody wants you to include yourself as you obviously have no opinion in the matter. It's like walking into a room and finding two men screwing; are you going to walk up to them, inspect what they're doing, tap them on the shoulder and say "Hey, I don't agree with this."? Hell no, you're either going to strip off your clothes and join them, or walk away. Standing there voicing your disapproval and watching while they touch dicks makes you just as gay as they are my friend.

Lingus

Quote from: Seifer on June 27, 2011, 12:49:45 PM
I would like to refute this.

PC is better.

In which way is a Mac better for multimedia. Please, explain this to me. A PC can run Photoshop and any other applications that are widely used to media, as well have much better system specs which allow you to more quickly work with your media. So in what way is MAC superior in this regard?

This is one specific reason, but for a graphic designer it means a lot. PC does not have a good way to handle fonts. On a Mac you can apparently activate and deactivate fonts very very easily. And when you have thousands of fonts loaded it makes a huge difference. You need to be able to deactivate most of your fonts and only activate the ones you need for the project you are working on at the time. PC apparently does not have a good way to do this and so if you wanted to have a good font selection you would have to load all of them which causes the load time on Photoshop or Illustrator to be extremely long.

Again, just one specific reason.

I'm not sure I agree with your comment about PCs having better system specs. You can get a PC or a Mac with the same specs... and they actually end up coming out to about the same price when you get down to it. PCs usually start less, but then you have to add on better hardware to get it up to the specs of the available Macs and then they're about the same.

Which actually just goes to show that PCs and Macs are pretty much the same. It doesn't really matter too much which one you use (with some obvious exceptions.)

11clock

Quote from: stick d00d on June 27, 2011, 03:28:19 PM
I think this is the second topic you have made about this. Nobody else on here was arguing/debating about either side (on this forum) until you brought it up... pretty pointless.

This is actually my first, and I've seen many negative remarks on what I use. There's even a debate topic over the iPhone and Android.

@Seifer: Let's look at the programs both computers start with. PC starts with a paint editor, a movie maker, and some simple games. Mac comes with Garage Band, iMovie (iMovie is without a doubt the best movie maker I've ever come across), iPhoto, and even an app store for finding even more software to use. Yes, you can install more software for PC and it will probably outweigh the mac, but you can do the same with the mac, and with the app store it's so much easier to install the software you want. (Remember, this is only an opinion. You can't really defeat an opinion, so there isn't much point in arguing over this. It's your opinion that PC is better than mac, and it's my opinion for vice versa.)

Now, let's see...I assumed that this would end up becoming a debate and I was correct. Again, I'll ask my question. Why hate on each other for PERSONAL OPINIONS!? You guys even debate over debating. That's just silly. Why can't we just express our opinions without creating a debate? By arguing on this topic you are further proving my point: WHAT'S THE POINT!?

Lingus

Quote from: 11clock on June 27, 2011, 05:58:23 PM@Seifer: Let's look at the programs both computers start with. PC starts with a paint editor, a movie maker, and some simple games. Mac comes with Garage Band, iMovie (iMovie is without a doubt the best movie maker I've ever come across), iPhoto, and even an app store for finding even more software to use. Yes, you can install more software for PC and it will probably outweigh the mac, but you can do the same with the mac, and with the app store it's so much easier to install the software you want. (Remember, this is only an opinion. You can't really defeat an opinion, so there isn't much point in arguing over this. It's your opinion that PC is better than mac, and it's my opinion for vice versa.)
Hypocritical much? You're debating in your own anti-debate topic. Regardless of whether that's your opinion or not you are still trying to prove a point. Some of what you state is fact though. So essentially you are presenting facts and opinion in order to prove a point, which is part of debate...

So what the hell? Is it "stop debating!" or what?

ARTgames

*debating mode deactivate*

There, happy 11?

11clock

Quote from: Lingus on June 27, 2011, 06:33:25 PM
Quote from: 11clock on June 27, 2011, 05:58:23 PM@Seifer: Let's look at the programs both computers start with. PC starts with a paint editor, a movie maker, and some simple games. Mac comes with Garage Band, iMovie (iMovie is without a doubt the best movie maker I've ever come across), iPhoto, and even an app store for finding even more software to use. Yes, you can install more software for PC and it will probably outweigh the mac, but you can do the same with the mac, and with the app store it's so much easier to install the software you want. (Remember, this is only an opinion. You can't really defeat an opinion, so there isn't much point in arguing over this. It's your opinion that PC is better than mac, and it's my opinion for vice versa.)
Hypocritical much? You're debating in your own anti-debate topic. Regardless of whether that's your opinion or not you are still trying to prove a point. Some of what you state is fact though. So essentially you are presenting facts and opinion in order to prove a point, which is part of debate...

He asked why I think Mac is better, so I stated my personal opinion. He stated his, and I stated mine. I don't wish to go further, because I don't like debates (the whole reason why I started this topic).

I made a topic similar to this on another forum, and it was treated much better than this one. This topic doesn't have to keep going downhill.

Lingus

In any case 11clock, what DT says here sums it up:
Quote from: DarkTrinity on June 27, 2011, 03:47:52 PM
I like how you make a topic about how much you hate debates, yet you are technically debating your personal opinion by starting this topic, and therefore opening yourself up to be debated against. lol.
You opened this up for debate by starting off the topic.

I won't go into it further either. I just think it's interesting that you think debating something means it's going "downhill". Debate can be very interesting if kept good natured. I see nothing in this topic that would make me think that anyone is having anything other than good natured debate.

Now if people start flaming eachother (which I think you are really trying to get at) then I would agree. But at that point it's no longer a debate.

Scotty

Quote from: 11clock on June 27, 2011, 06:43:07 PM
Quote from: Lingus on June 27, 2011, 06:33:25 PM

He asked why I think Mac is better, so I stated my personal opinion. He stated his, and I stated mine. I don't wish to go further, because I don't like debates (the whole reason why I started this topic).

I made a topic similar to this on another forum, and it was treated much better than this one. This topic doesn't have to keep going downhill.

You seriously think with our community's renown members, who are happy in their ways and biases, would have ended this any other way?

stick d00d

Quote from: 11clock on June 27, 2011, 05:58:23 PM
Quote from: stick d00d on June 27, 2011, 03:28:19 PM
I think this is the second topic you have made about this. Nobody else on here was arguing/debating about either side (on this forum) until you brought it up... pretty pointless.

This is actually my first, and I've seen many negative remarks on what I use. There's even a debate topic over the iPhone and Android.

@Seifer: Let's look at the programs both computers start with. PC starts with a paint editor, a movie maker, and some simple games. Mac comes with Garage Band, iMovie (iMovie is without a doubt the best movie maker I've ever come across), iPhoto, and even an app store for finding even more software to use. Yes, you can install more software for PC and it will probably outweigh the mac, but you can do the same with the mac, and with the app store it's so much easier to install the software you want. (Remember, this is only an opinion. You can't really defeat an opinion, so there isn't much point in arguing over this. It's your opinion that PC is better than mac, and it's my opinion for vice versa.)

Now, let's see...I assumed that this would end up becoming a debate and I was correct. Again, I'll ask my question. Why hate on each other for PERSONAL OPINIONS!? You guys even debate over debating. That's just silly. Why can't we just express our opinions without creating a debate? By arguing on this topic you are further proving my point: WHAT'S THE POINT!?
I just don't get why you would make a topic saying to quit debating over something that you are bringing up for debate... which I'm pretty sure everyone else has already said. Had you started off with another opening post, things wouldn't have gotten so out of hand to begin with.

Chaos

Here's the tl;dr for this topic:

Just shut up, 11clock.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

11clock

I'll just be immature and lock my own topic. Didn't really mean to create a flame war.

11clock

Topic unlocked. I apologize for acting so stupidly.

I do agree that debates aren't that bad when treated nicely and not like a huge war (Mac vs PC *cough*). Debates can't really be stopped, as it's a natural act. However, there are ways to prevent debates from becoming flame wars. Respect others' opinions and try not to rage upon each other.

Now, let's continue where we left off. We can debate over this, but let's try not to go downhill. If this starts becoming rage rage rage, I will lock the topic again.

Scotty

Mystery

I honestly think everyone would prefer this topic stay locked.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.