News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

CPU Usage Spikes? (Help pl0x)

Started by 11clock, June 30, 2011, 05:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotty

Quote from: 11clock on July 09, 2011, 01:38:31 PM
I tested out CCleaner. I'n not going to be using it. It wants to uninstall Steam, Gimp, Paint.NET, Adobe Flash Player, even Windows Media Player! <.<

Then don't use the uninstall tool that it comes with...

HeroicHero

Quote from: 11clock on July 09, 2011, 01:38:31 PM
I tested out CCleaner. I'n not going to be using it. It wants to uninstall Steam, Gimp, Paint.NET, Adobe Flash Player, even Windows Media Player! <.<

CCleaner doesn't remove programs unless you tell it to (tools >> uninstall). I think what you're referring to is clearing cache or removing the programs from start up. Both help speed up your computer.

Scotty

I take back what I said earlier.  If you don't understand the concept of uninstalling versus cleaning up your computer, both of which are completely separate in CCleaner, yes, uninstall it.  You're going to do more harm than good if you can't understand the difference.

11clock

Ran CCleaner. The spikes come less frequently, but they still occur.

How do I check for fraud svchost.exe?

11clock

After doing a lot of tweaking and stuff, the lag spikes are completely gone...with one exception.

The lag spikes only occur when I'm playing Terraria. I looked at the RAM with it running and it reached almost 100% RAM usage. This problem is now game related.

Freeforall

Quote from: 11clock on July 31, 2011, 04:37:02 PM
After doing a lot of tweaking and stuff, the lag spikes are completely gone...with one exception.

The lag spikes only occur when I'm playing Terraria. I looked at the RAM with it running and it reached almost 100% RAM usage. This problem is now game related.
When I play Terraria, I always have that problem. When I run my Minecraft server and play Minecraft at the same time, it reaches nearly 80% usage of my RAM. :/