News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Ceroblitz v3 sprites

Started by Ceroblitz, July 06, 2011, 07:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ceroblitz

House

Nice is the first animation  the slasher ???
any way they're very good

Torch

I like the short sword (3rd sprite). Seems like you really nailed the weight of the sword.

krele

I wait for the day you officially start doing graphics for Stick Online. I'd say it's about god damn time. You're talented and intelligent, but it's not for me to decide.

All your animations are fluent, well colored, well shaded, but for the most part when I think of stick fights I can immediately fit your sprites in it. Keep on doing the great job you always do! :D

Oh and btw... I don't know whether my eyes are deceiving me or not, but I there's an extra frame in the first animation near the end. I can see by the wave from the slash.

EpicPhailure

If the guy swings the huge 2 hander further away from his body, the range would be OP in the game :P

But I definitely think the short frame count fits in with the game more.

krele

Quote from: EpicPhailure on July 06, 2011, 08:28:44 PM
If the guy swings the huge 2 hander further away from his body, the range would be OP in the game :P

But I definitely think the short frame count fits in with the game more.
Well it's pretty much the same as GS/IS in v2... It could be compensated by using more energy and having a longer cooldown =)

EpicPhailure

Naw man, Cero's IS is a bit more, I think. It's because the guy leans forward.

If the same dude used the same swinging motion for the first one, the range would be like, 3 centimeters longer. :D

sayers6

My only thoughts...the slasher animation just seems a little bit too short...It may need to be that way, but the swing just seems...weird :P

krele

Quote from: EpicPhailure on July 06, 2011, 08:48:38 PM
Naw man, Cero's IS is a bit more, I think. It's because the guy leans forward.

If the same dude used the same swinging motion for the first one, the range would be like, 3 centimeters longer. :D

Yes, it seems you're right. Still as I said, it can be compensated with something =P

Lingus

I'm sure you're aware of this, but on the first two, where the stickman ends up at the end of the swing is not where he is at the beginning which causes him to jump back at the end of the animation. If those were implemented in the game, it would do the same thing, jumping back a few steps in a standing position after the swing. I would think this would not be ideal.

T-Rok

Quote from: Lingus on July 07, 2011, 01:52:17 PM
I'm sure you're aware of this, but on the first two, where the stickman ends up at the end of the swing is not where he is at the beginning which causes him to jump back at the end of the animation. If those were implemented in the game, it would do the same thing, jumping back a few steps in a standing position after the swing. I would think this would not be ideal.

Or it could be a new element? Forcing you to move forward each time you swing.

krele

Quote from: T-Rok on July 07, 2011, 02:03:19 PM

Exactly what I was thinking. It would open many possibilities.

T-Rok

Quote from: krele on July 07, 2011, 04:09:25 PM
Quote from: T-Rok on July 07, 2011, 02:03:19 PM

Exactly what I was thinking. It would open many possibilities.
It could both be an advantage and dis-advantage depending on how it was used.

Lingus

I guess that would be up to Meiun. I imagine it would have to programmed in that on particular weapon animations, the location of the player moves depending on where the animation ends up. I would think it would be easier to just have the forward foot step backwards instead of the back foot stepping forwards...

krele

Quote from: Lingus on July 07, 2011, 04:12:43 PM
I guess that would be up to Meiun. I imagine it would have to programmed in that on particular weapon animations, the location of the player moves depending on where the animation ends up. I would think it would be easier to just have the forward foot step backwards instead of the back foot stepping forwards...
Well, if he added relative x gain as a variable for each weapon in the database, it would be easy to implement. I can't possibly know how he handles weapons, but I think he uses a database and keeps all weapons with an id used to retrieve weapon's stats. This could all be bullshit though =/