News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

SOv2 Character Compensation

Started by Torch, July 08, 2011, 12:26:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torch

I suggest some form of costume or other aesthetic item for players who have reached level 100 in SOv2. It would give more incentive to play SOv2, donate, as well as reward dedicated SOv2 players.

darkflash

Dude I am not kidding you I was JUST thinking about this last night!!!!! Well for SOv3 I was thinking the mods when they start if they start with a gm helm it'd be dumb cause the hats they obtain wouldn't matter They'd always have better same with mod weapons I was thinking they should obtain them at lvl 100 :P. same with v2

Jmac

Quote from: darkflash on July 08, 2011, 01:02:58 PM
Dude I am not kidding you I was JUST thinking about this last night!!!!! Well for SOv3 I was thinking the mods when they start if they start with a gm helm it'd be dumb cause the hats they obtain wouldn't matter They'd always have better same with mod weapons I was thinking they should obtain them at lvl 100 :P. same with v2
Translation: "Mods shouldn't start with GM helms, because that would make all the new hats null and void to them because of the stat boosts. Same thing with the weapons. I believe they should receive them both at level 100." :P

I would like to see a classic hat with no stat bonus/ability to be our compensation for donating. For example, we could all get duck hats from the original Stick Online, or something that will not make a return as a publicly dropped item. Or, it would be cool to have extra inventory slots; that would be my other option.

darkflash

The inv one is a advantage so no I was thinking like a mess around weapon or something fun like a weapon that does little damage and give a huge knockback lol something funny or kool.
Something completly useless but fun like a snoball :P

Chaos

Well for SOv3 I was thinking the mods when they start if they start with a gm helm it'd be dumb cause the hats they obtain wouldn't matter They'd always have better same with mod weapons I was thinking they should obtain them at lvl 100 :P. same with v2

Way to completely miss the point.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

krele

I agree, as long as it serves aesthetic purposes only. Giving an edge to some players at the very beginning of the game is stupid. But aesthetic purposes, surewhynot.

Lingus

Quote from: Jmacrules on July 08, 2011, 02:40:35 PM
Translation: "Mods shouldn't start with GM helms, because that would make all the new hats null and void to them because of the stat boosts. Same thing with the weapons. I believe they should receive them both at level 100." :P
THat is the whole point of the mod items. To make them more powerful than what any normal player could possibly have. It makes even less sense at higher levels because the stat bonuses are less effective compared to their character stats. There's also a very good reason why mods should be more powerful than normal players. Because they need to be in order to do their job effectively.

Quote from: Jmacrules on July 08, 2011, 02:40:35 PMFor example, we could all get duck hats from the original Stick Online
Not sure that would make sense considering we're talking about people who played SO2. Only a very small percentage of the community played the original. If it's a hat, it should be one of the hats from SO2 such as the shady, fireman, jester.

tehrozzy

Quote from: Lingus on July 08, 2011, 08:01:49 PM
Quote from: Jmacrules on July 08, 2011, 02:40:35 PMFor example, we could all get duck hats from the original Stick Online
Not sure that would make sense considering we're talking about people who played SO2. Only a very small percentage of the community played the original. If it's a hat, it should be one of the hats from SO2 such as the shady, fireman, jester.
Shady hat for donors only would be sweet.
Best hat ever! Must need a massive nerf then.

Forum

The ability to customize the color of your char or, physical features or something.
Officially quitted

EpicPhailure

Quote from: Forum on July 08, 2011, 11:27:38 PM
The ability to customize the color of your char or, physical features or something.

"I want my stick person to have a 1 px thinner outline!"
"Well, mine's going to be different, because I'll have 5 px shorter arms!"
"Oh yeah? Well mine is going to have a 20 px long neck!"

Yeah, not so much on physical features.

Lucifer

I can't honestly say I really care for any kind of character compensation, I mean frankly I don't understand the concept of being rewarded to play a game you enjoyed. Shit, I figured the donor server alone was kind enough on Meiun's part for SOv2 players, do we really need anything else?  

What you're truly asking for is something shiny to attach to your e-peen as you dangle it in front of newby SOv3 players, and I don't think that's necessary.

I can understand donation compensation, but not this.

Titan

Quote from: Lucifer on July 09, 2011, 12:31:46 AM
I can't honestly say I really care for any kind of character compensation, I mean frankly I don't understand the concept of being rewarded to play a game you enjoyed. Shit, I figured the donor server alone was kind enough on Meiun's part for SOv2 players, do we really need anything else?  

What you're truly asking for is something shiny to attach to your e-peen as you dangle it in front of newby SOv3 players, and I don't think that's necessary.

Agreed 100%.

The one huge problem with limited things is just that, they're limited. Not everyone can get them.
Go look at the league of legend fourms and you can see the amount of complaints about the limited skins that people missed from beta.

Its not something that I really think is needed.

Livin' in a lonely world.

Lingus

Quote from: YayForLife on July 08, 2011, 10:57:04 PM
Shady hat for donors only would be sweet.
Best hat ever! Must need a massive nerf then.
It would need to be 0 stat.

But, wait, isn't this topic about SO2 lvl 100 players?

What you're truly asking for is something shiny to attach to your e-peen as you dangle it in front of newby SOv3 players
Exactly!

But, seriously though, I somewhat agree. To be honest, I had forgotten the lvl 100 requirement on this, but after remember that I kind of feel like this is uncessary. It's only a subset of players from SO2. I had been thinking it would be for all SO2 accounts.

I remember when SO2 was somewhat new, and I kept hearing about people who played the original. It was hard to keep track of who was who. Now at this point there's so many people who played SO2 it would be interesting to see who they all were. But, with that said, it's not really necessary and I'm sure would only serve to make the new players feel even more ostrasized.

The only status symbol we need as SO2 players is the level of nostalgia that we use when we talk about how we miss the good times of Stick Online.

sayers6

I think a nice lil symbol or something that signifys we were around for SO2 would be nice. Just like maybe a lil earring sized icon of the SO hammer symbol from the desktop on us or something

Torch

The whole point of any MMO accomplishment is to have "something shiny to attach to your e-peen". Grinding isn't fun, it's the sense of achievement you get when you level up or find a rare item that makes MMOs fun to play. Players get satisfaction from showing off their stats/items to other players and an aesthetic item to give SOv2 players who have dedicated a lot of time to playing is exactly the kind of reward that MMO players want.