News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

SOv2 Character Compensation

Started by Torch, July 08, 2011, 12:26:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Torch on July 16, 2011, 02:45:27 AM
Quote from: Lucifer on July 09, 2011, 12:31:46 AM
I can't honestly say I really care for any kind of character compensation, I mean frankly I don't understand the concept of being rewarded to play a game you enjoyed. Shit, I figured the donor server alone was kind enough on Meiun's part for SOv2 players, do we really need anything else? 

What you're truly asking for is something shiny to attach to your e-peen as you dangle it in front of newby SOv3 players, and I don't think that's necessary.

I can understand donation compensation, but not this.
The whole point of any MMO accomplishment is to have "something shiny to attach to your e-peen". Grinding isn't fun, it's the sense of achievement you get when you level up or find a rare item that makes MMOs fun to play. Players get satisfaction from showing off their stats/items to other players and an aesthetic item to give SOv2 players who have dedicated a lot of time to playing is exactly the kind of reward that MMO players want.

Well I have to disagree. Farming monsters can be fun if done in moderation, seeing as that was 50% of SOv2 if not more. And I don't necessarily feel that all this e-peen jargon regarding costumes is necessary seeing as more stat points = stronger characters anyways. This game contains rewards which are truly e-peen worthy being tournament prizes, and so long as we have tournaments I think all of our e-peens are more than pampered.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Loganvz123

Well, in my opinion, donors from S.O.2 Should recieve special hat "Skins.".
Where they all recieve a donor "Skin" for your hats but it still has the same abilities.

CherryPie

Quote from: Loganvz123 on July 17, 2011, 06:40:42 AM
Where they all recieve a donor "Skin" for your hats but it still has the same abilities.

A donor hat with average stats is all fine..

Matty_Richo

Quote from: CherryPie on July 28, 2011, 01:50:27 PM
Quote from: Loganvz123 on July 17, 2011, 06:40:42 AM

A donor hat with average stats is all fine..

Even something like that could be too much, because if you got a hat with +1 to all stats, sure it isn't a great hat, however, that could detract from some of the early things you do in the game, like if you got that in SO2, you wouldn't have to bother much with blobs and getting a fireman hat just to boost your strength etc.

Maybe a hat that is pointless, like +15 charm ;) or something, as long as it is purely aesthetic then I'm not bothered. mind you, I'm not particularly bothered if we get anything at all, we get to play SO2 while we wait, that a pretty damn good thank you gift, you don't see Blizzard saying, here, have a complimentary 3 years of membership while you wait for WOW2.

jonsploder

If anything, donor's should just have a hat that is about as affective as 'splash' was for Magikarp.

Infection

Quote from: jonsploder on July 30, 2011, 08:20:25 PM
If anything, donor's should just have a hat that is about as affective as 'splash' was for Magikarp.

This person is GENIUS. Well said! I second this!
"Nobody is perfect, I am nobody, therefore, I am perfect."

"When the rich wage war it's the poor who die."

Mr Pwnage

Well it's settled than, donors get a magikarp hat that gives +2 to wishful thinking.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

Lucifer

I vote for a special donor dance.

...Please, I beg of you.

king

How about a different name color? I don't know if it has been sugested or not but it won't add any specail stats just makes it look cool?

Mr Pwnage

How about donors look different when sitting; They get the thinking man position:

DR4N3

I vote for Meiun to come here and tell us if approves any of these things.
Also, bedazzling of my e-peen sounds great.

EDIT: Bitch slap! You get to bitch slap people just for the hell of it!

Jmac

Quote from: DR4N3 on August 27, 2011, 06:42:34 AM
I vote for Meiun to come here and tell us if approves any of these things.
Also, bedazzling of my e-peen sounds great.

EDIT: Bitch slap! You get to bitch slap people just for the hell of it!
I was actually going to put that in the ideas and suggestions page a long while back! It would be a skill with low stamina usage and does 1 or no damage at all.  :P

Matty_Richo

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on July 31, 2011, 01:54:19 PM
How about donors look different when sitting; They get the thinking man position:

This ^^^^
Or some kind of useless pose that doesn't do anything except for making us look freaking epic.

havok

Quote from: Lucifer on July 31, 2011, 04:01:43 AM

...Please, I beg of you.

i was thinking of like a dance emote and he sprite in my head lol, like 2 weeks ago

Forum

Quote from: havok on September 02, 2011, 10:14:58 AM
Quote from: Lucifer on July 31, 2011, 04:01:43 AM

...Please, I beg of you.

i was thinking of like a dance emote and he sprite in my head lol, like 2 weeks ago
runescape
Officially quitted