News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Advertisements?

Started by sayers6, July 27, 2011, 10:27:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you mind their being small ads in S.O.?

no, Don't care about how their displayed.
2 (8.7%)
no, Only while it's loading.
11 (47.8%)
yes, just no.
3 (13%)
ye, SO has enough money coming in.
7 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 23

sayers6

I was wondering about how some games have a small advert when the game loads and it earns a little bit for the game.
Discuss....can't really think of more to post :/

EpicPhailure

The fourth choice reflects my opinion the most, but still not completely.

I don't mind ads, as long as they're not "DO THIS SURVEY AND YOU GET TO PLAY". But I've heard Meiun say something like money is not an issue.

God-I-Suck

i think u should change the question.. lol. it doesn't go with the answers.

sayers6

oops just realized I did that....Not alot I can do lol

Infection

I like the idea. I don't think anyone would mind advertising while it is loading. I know I wouldn't even mind it in the corner during gameplay. But that isn't everyones case.

However, I don't see what advertiser would want to be there, considering the traffic. And it wouldn't be much money. But if it was, perhaps Meiun could lower the donation amount to 5 dollars.
"Nobody is perfect, I am nobody, therefore, I am perfect."

"When the rich wage war it's the poor who die."

T-Rok

Quote from: Infection on July 28, 2011, 11:07:30 AM
I like the idea. I don't think anyone would mind advertising while it is loading. I know I wouldn't even mind it in the corner during gameplay. But that isn't everyones case.

However, I don't see what advertiser would want to be there, considering the traffic. And it wouldn't be much money. But if it was, perhaps Meiun could lower the donation amount to 5 dollars.

Donation amount? Traffic? You're thinking in V2 terms. I'm pretty sure this is a suggestion for V3, and as such my input is as follows. I wouldn't mind the advertisements on start up at all. Heck, I wouldn't mind them in a few places. However there should be an option in the settings menu to turn advertisements off completely or even just in certain areas for those who are picky.

EpicPhailure

Instead of ingame, perhaps we could do it on the forums, like a while back when we had the google ads. Not sure why that stopped.

Mr Pwnage

Just out of curiosity, does anyone even know how much money adds would make us like, per day/month?
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

T-Rok

It varies on how much the advertisers are willing to pay, how many visitors you have, what type of ads you are displaying. Are they a price per month to display? Per click? Or even per load. Although I do remember back when we had ads supporting the game only, it was about $100 a month with only ~100-200 people who constantly played using per click ads.

sayers6

Having a few google ads is a good idea have back, but i think more people would click on it in-game, there's more traffic flow there too.

Forum

Officially quitted

sayers6

Quote from: Forum on July 28, 2011, 06:18:23 PM
NO
Seeing that their was already confusion on what was meant by that, do you mean no ads, or no you don't care? And would you care to elaborate why instead of just raising your post count with a 2 character post?

Lucifer

I'm not entirely sure why you are asking this, if Meiun was contemplating possible forms of ad-based revenue for SOv3 he would probably ask the community himself about what we would or would not stand. There will be expenses, and if money is "not an issue" from the start, it will be eventually and we can expect ads of some sort along the road. Anyways to answer the question, I would dislike any ads involved with the actual game. I don't believe ads should tarnish a players gameplay in any way shape or form, instead I would prefer all ads to be on the website and/or forums as they have always been.

That being said it really depends on what is necessary for the server to stay alive; anything that's necessary can be lived with.

Freeforall

I don't mind ads. They are fine as long as they don't get in the way. The ads on Youtube videos are just annoying though.

Ads in-game though, I am not too sure about. This would be too much.

sayers6

the type of ad I am talking about is just one that instead of it just showing the banner, it shows the ad while it loads, the second the game is loaded, it stops showing it. It wouldn't affect actual gameplay.