News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Advertisements?

Started by sayers6, July 27, 2011, 10:27:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you mind their being small ads in S.O.?

no, Don't care about how their displayed.
2 (8.7%)
no, Only while it's loading.
11 (47.8%)
yes, just no.
3 (13%)
ye, SO has enough money coming in.
7 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Freeforall

Forum

*NO, only while loading*  But i really doubt Meiun will put ads he already gets donations to support the server
Officially quitted

sayers6

I guess that would be a basic idea, yes, or if our logins are like on our login screens now, a small banner at the bottom. Till you log in. Just small little things, if you assume 200~ log ins a day, a fairly low number if the game goes to how it was, some ads pay 1 cent per impression I believe, which would be $2 a day...it might be 1/10 of a penny, but w/e you get my point. Just throwing ideas out there to keep the game as free as possible.

EDIT: Thanks for clarification Forum :)

Forum

Quote from: sayers6 on July 28, 2011, 08:47:04 PM
I guess that would be a basic idea, yes, or if our logins are like on our login screens now, a small banner at the bottom. Till you log in. Just small little things, if you assume 200~ log ins a day, a fairly low number if the game goes to how it was, some ads pay 1 cent per impression I believe, which would be $2 a day...it might be 1/10 of a penny, but w/e you get my point. Just throwing ideas out there to keep the game as free as possible.

EDIT: Thanks for clarification Forum :)
Your welcome
Officially quitted

39ster

I would suggest CPA (Cost per action) adverts. A good network that i've used in the past is http://www.peerfly.com

Basically a user fills out a very simple page (they just enter their e-mail or zip code) and the publisher (meiun) will be payed about $1.30-$1.60 depending on which offer you use. The network i suggested usually has a banner image in many different sizes that could be displayed across the top of the screen or something. You could also rotate the offers around. You can probably make alot more money using CPA than clicks.

I would suggest e-mailing the network first and asking if this type of promotion is allowed, otherwise they may ban your account and you lose any unpaid earnings.

Contact me if you need any help with CPA. I started with CPA about September last year and have made about $30k.

EDIT: The network i suggested also has "pre-pop" offers. These are offers where you can put the e-mail in the ads url and it will automatically put the e-mail on the form they have to fill out. So basically the user just has to press the submit button.

EDIT: Also, with the network i suggested, it doesnt allow incentives. This means you can't force users to complete an offer/survey or give any rewards for filling them out.

T-Rok

30k? You can't be serious..

39ster

That's not very much at all considering it's been almost a year. I know a guy who made $20k in one day.

There is potential to make a decent amount of money through online games and CPA. But like i said, you will need to contact the network first and ask if this promotional method is allowed. peerfly doesn't allowed incentives so you can't force people to fill out an offer before they can play or any of that annoying crap. You also can't offer any rewards for filling out offers. You can probably put something like "Support Stick online and Visit our sponsors" and then show a banner to one of the offers along the top of the screen.

39ster

I was thinking something like this:

You don't have to use the banner images they supply. You can use your own that take up less space so it's less obtrusive.

Basically the player simply clicks the offer which will open it in the default web browser. They then put their email in the box that asks for their e-mail and meiun will get about $1.50. They will obviously use your email to spam you with other crap. This is all explained on the offers page and they must agree to it before they can submit to the offer.

sayers6

Unless the game grows dramatically in size, I don't see that happening. I don't even really see the $1.30 happening. Most of the people on here I bet would not be ones to put any information into a thing like that. No one wants their email spammed like that. Plus we have a upper max of 500~ players who could be around when it comes back up....I doubt you could even get 1 out of every 10 to do that...I would just figure with the constant log and re-log of video games, CPI (cost per impression) and CPC (cost per click) would be the best way to go, seeing that CPI generates a bit of revenue without even needing clicks.

Meiun

If I were to do ads, i'd be sure to not put them anywhere that it would interfere with gameplay or the enjoyability of the game whatsoever. I would like to not have to do any ads at all of course, as making money is not my top priority with Stick Online. However, the truth of the matter is that now that I'm out of college and having to support myself, the more Stick Online could make, the more time I would potentially be able to spend working on it as oppose to other jobs and what not. So if I were to have ads, the only places I'd even consider putting them would be on the website, a banner in the games auto-patcher, and possibly one at the games loading/login screen (but I'd probably like to avoid this one if possible). Nobody likes ads, myself included. But if they made the difference between me being able to work on SO as part of my living, I'm pretty sure we would ALL benefit greatly from them.

HeroicHero

Another possible option would be to show ads in-game but have them stationed in certain areas. You could dress the ads up as billboards, tv's, etc and make them look more appealing. You wouldn't have to see them all them time, maybe they could only be stationed in towns as not to become too much of a distraction.

Obviously the sprite isn't the greatest, but you get the idea. :P

Delicious

Stick-online players will benefit from how much the game will make. This game needs all the money it can get, and if it can rack up anything from advertisements or sponsors, I suggest it should.
<3

sly 3 4 me

It's probably something which should be thought of if the traffic which the game is receiving is high enough to purchase a better server or more than one. Even at the state of how it was before, it would probably only be needed if the player base reaches an even higher amount than version 2, which I hope it does. I still voted no on the ads, since it's something to be thought of at a later time as I mentioned. Not quite sure how it'd set with the current players if one day they download a new client version and there are ads all of a sudden.