News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

?ThunderCats? Roar Back to Life on Cartoon Network

Started by Scotty, August 01, 2011, 09:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotty

I'm going to throw a prayer that I'm not the only one who grew up watching the Thundercats, and I'm not surprised that they're rebooting the concept.  The whole Japanese Anime style though, I'm not entirely sure I'm on board with.  Again, not surprised, but then again, not entirely sure if I'm going to enjoy it either.

http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/yahoo-tv/thundercats-roar-back-life-cartoon-network-200914556.html

Turkey

I just watched a review by James Rolfe (AVGN) yesterday, who i guess was a big fan of the show as a kid too.
http://cinemassacre.com/2011/07/22/thundercats-review/
He pretty much just explains the original show.

Forum

The trailer/commercial they showed on cartoonetwork got me thinking it was Naruto Shippunden...I was disappointed when it was for a show i didnt know about. Tbh i think characters similar to a naruto maybe even a copy.. >:(
Officially quitted

Mystery

Quote from: Forum on August 02, 2011, 01:30:23 PM
The trailer/commercial they showed on cartoonetwork got me thinking it was Naruto Shippunden...I was disappointed when it was for a show i didnt know about. Tbh i think characters similar to a naruto maybe even a copy.. >:(
For goodness sakes, take more time to review what you've typed before you post.

If you had paid attention to the article, you would realize that this is a revamp of a cartoon from the 80's, specifically 1985-1989. Compare that to the year Naruto started airing.

And how are anthropomorphic felines comparable to ninjas to the degree you would think the idea was ripped off(to say nothing of the fact that barely anything is ever really thought up anymore in the industry)?

Regarding the show itself, I don't really have much of an opinion about it; it looks better than the other cartoon tripe on CN and could have some potential.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

DarkTrinity

Apparently they're going to be making a Thundercats movie too.

venuse

i watched the first episode of the new series last friday and got to say it was pretty good. the only thing i didnt care for is the way they drew panthro and a few other characters. they just seemed off a bit and the voice of mumm-ra wasnt scary or evil enough. other then that i hope it gets enough viewers and atleast has a few seasons. now they need to bring back swat kats.

Lingus

Awesome. I'm sold. I loved ThunderCats growing up, and I love anime now. The character design is actually pretty damn close to the original, while still being updated for a more modern era.

I'll be setting my DVR.

Scotty

Quote from: venuse on August 02, 2011, 08:15:54 PM
now they need to bring back swat kats.

I was thinking a remake of Jonny Quest myself, preferably one where Jessie is no longer a teenager so I don't feel evil for having a travelling family feeling.  Don't worry if you don't catch the reference, in fact, consider yourself blessed.

Forum

Quote from: Mystery on August 02, 2011, 05:35:40 PM
Quote from: Forum on August 02, 2011, 01:30:23 PM
For goodness sakes, take more time to review what you've typed before you post.

If you had paid attention to the article, you would realize that this is a revamp of a cartoon from the 80's, specifically 1985-1989. Compare that to the year Naruto started airing.

And how are anthropomorphic felines comparable to ninjas to the degree you would think the idea was ripped off(to say nothing of the fact that barely anything is ever really thought up anymore in the industry)?

Regarding the show itself, I don't really have much of an opinion about it; it looks better than the other cartoon tripe on CN and could have some potential.
I know thunderkits are old and naruto is new. No use in telling me to pay more attention or read something i don't want too..Anyway here were the simularies you Noob mystery

Officially quitted

Meiun

Pshh, ThunderCats was such a ripoff of Cats The Musical. Cat people, leotards, 80's hair, cheesy dialog? Sounds it to me ;)

Cats The Musical:

ThunderCats:

Mystery

Quote from: Forum on August 03, 2011, 03:59:00 PM
I know thunderkits are old and naruto is new. No use in telling me to pay more attention or read something i don't want too..Anyway here were the simularies you Noob mystery
-SNIP-
My point was that the fact that ThunderCats are far older than Naruto invalidates your already baseless claim of the show's characters being copies. The revamp's characters are the same as the old show's with updated looks.

Also, those comparison pictures are not significantly similar enough to warrant most people thinking that the characters were copied. I see that they could be considered as very slightly similar in appearance.

Meiun's joke post which ninja'd mine makes more sense IMO than what you claim.  :P
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Lingus

Quote from: Forum on August 03, 2011, 03:59:00 PMI know thunderkits are old and naruto is new. No use in telling me to pay more attention or read something i don't want too..Anyway here were the simularies you Noob mystery
It looks like the similarities you are picking up are purely the fact that they are similar artistic styles. Which is to say they are both japanese anime inspired. Which is to say that almost all animation today is a ripoff of Naruto. Which is to say, "Dur dee durrrrrrrrrrrrrr"

Scotty

Quote from: Lingus on August 03, 2011, 06:48:33 PM
Which is to say, "Dur dee durrrrrrrrrrrrrr"

If only I had a dime for every time every unfortunate witness to his posts had that response.

DarkTrinity

Quote from: Meiun on August 03, 2011, 04:12:05 PM
Pshh, ThunderCats was such a ripoff of Cats The Musical. Cat people, leotards, 80's hair, cheesy dialog? Sounds it to me ;)

Cats The Musical:

ThunderCats:

lololololol. Too funny. xD

Yankyal

I'll probably watch it just to hear THUNDERCATS, OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! again.
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10