News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

An interesting and in-depth look into how SNES emulators are perfected

Started by Scotty, August 09, 2011, 12:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T-Rok

Nice read, I do so enjoy my shadows that show me were to drop bombs. :P

ARTgames

Iv been flowing Byuu work for about half a year now. And its nice to see he is still going on this after his rage quite after some technical problems he was having.

He really into stating his case into why accuracy matters and in the end he wants you all to support him (and other people doing the same thing he is) so he does not feel his work is a waste. I like his stuff and I think if your into snes alot you should probably look into this also. And I wish there where other Byuu for other systems out there.

krele

"Sweet spot of 95% accuracy"? While I'm actually a supporter of this idea, I think he's talking bollocks. About 90% of accuracy can be attained by pretty much emulating the processing first, those 5% are pretty much 2-3 fixes in the code. You will never emulate at 100% accuracy, because you can't possibly know all the ancient algorithms and tricks that made some stuff possible to process on that hardware. However, you can replace them with new ways of how some stuff is achieved at the moment. Why is he so against it?