News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

SO 3 Classes (talk in general)

Started by krele, August 10, 2011, 04:34:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krele

Quote from: Lingus on August 11, 2011, 08:20:40 PM
Seems like Meiun probably has all of this figured out for SO3 already.

Quote-A unique skill system, offering both customization as well as exciting new discoveries.
-Character customization via a variety of different player ?traits? (in addition to just stats) that will uniquely impact both your strengths and weaknesses, as well as how you play the game.
Hence this is a "talk in general". Not a suggestion of any sorts (for further faggotry - I explained why this can fit here in the first post). It's kinda cool to see that he figured it all out.

@Mistery:
Naw, played only a match of two. What I meant is, class shouldn't limit your character in any way. Class would just give you one special trait, or one special ability out of combat. So no, doctor wouldn't be a healer but I don't know, more of an alchemist. It could work the same way as professions work in world of warcraft. Get it?

DR4N3

Quote from: Lucifer on August 11, 2011, 04:25:42 PM
I'm confused as to why you're placing the word "restriction" anywhere near the current stats system when it gives more freedom with your characters development than any game I've ever seen.
I'll stop you right there, why are you comparing SO to other MMO's? I'm not comparing SO to other MMO's, I'm saying it as it is. You can't max every stat to 99 can you? Than there's a restriction, not matter how minor, it's there. I'm not complaining either, since it really doesn't affect anyone THAT much, that's just how minor it is, no one complains about it.

About the skill stat system, I was thinking the same thing. Now thinking about it, it DOES seem flawed. I'll just put my trust in Meiun, I'm sure he has a plan.

Snakeman

Newbies/Novices should have awesome novelty skills and buffs if they reach a high level and never pick a class.

I'd do it

Lingus

Quote from: krele on August 11, 2011, 09:54:32 PM
Quote from: Lingus on August 11, 2011, 08:20:40 PM
Seems like Meiun probably has all of this figured out for SO3 already.

Quote-A unique skill system, offering both customization as well as exciting new discoveries.
-Character customization via a variety of different player ?traits? (in addition to just stats) that will uniquely impact both your strengths and weaknesses, as well as how you play the game.
Hence this is a "talk in general". Not a suggestion of any sorts (for further faggotry - I explained why this can fit here in the first post). It's kinda cool to see that he figured it all out.
I don't mind people discussing it either. I find it fun to speculate and throw ideas around. I was just pointing it out in case anyone was interested.

Mystery

Quote from: krele on August 11, 2011, 09:54:32 PM
@Mistery:
Naw, played only a match of two. What I meant is, class shouldn't limit your character in any way. Class would just give you one special trait, or one special ability out of combat. So no, doctor wouldn't be a healer but I don't know, more of an alchemist. It could work the same way as professions work in world of warcraft. Get it?
I see what you're getting at now. That makes much more sense, and I wish you had said professions off the bat instead of 'classes'. Not sure if that'd be too much work for Meiun though, and I don't quite like limiting the quests I have a choice of doing.

The way Meiun worded it, I believe we'll get to choose our character's special traits independent of anything else from the start. Not sure, though.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.