News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

there should be a spawn party daily to make the game interesting

Started by aznx4xlyfe, September 18, 2011, 04:02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aznx4xlyfe

lets face the facts, straight grinding is not that fun. most of my friends who knows about this game, quits after a while because they feel that straight grinding is pointless and not entertaining at all.
my suggestion is, have a gm make a little or big spawn party , depending on their favor, everyday at a set time. this way, there will be more people logging on, looking forward to something. everyday i log on, i barely see 10 players online, either all the other players are level 100 already, or they dont find it fun anymore. having a spawn party can let people socialize more, and have fun while doing that.
and i'm not saying that because its a donor server that we deserve more handouts, its just that because people donate, that they should have fun playing what they donated money for. and besides, SO3 is going to be a whole different game, might as well make this game fun enough for others to play and recommend it to their friends so that we'll have a higher number of people waiting for SO3 to come out.

TANK

i completely agree. I understand meiuns trying to keep it hard to get drops so the games more legit but its long past that line and with the fewer ammount of players things are just getting boring. I really dont think with the item drop rates things will much change either other then more players online and more fun  :)

Lucifer

It's arguable that a daily spawn party would do anything to increase activity. On the one hand it could act very much like a Sand Golem in that it causes a temporary influx of activity, which subsequently dies down 5-10 minutes after the SG's death. On the other hand, increased "official" involvement has its own effects on player morale. In any MMO it's always nice to see staff members regularly, and especially in the current state of this game in particular, GM participation helps re-affirm the fact that there is still interest in Stick Online.

In any case spawn parties are always a treat whether they be random or organized, even if the activity they invoke is temporary and has no actual effect on day-to-day activity, they still bring the community together like nothing else; and I'm all for that.

sly 3 4 me

Sounds like a good idea, but I think it would be best for them to be held on a basis where people from different time zones have a chance to attend them. Perhaps a routine every 3 days where the spawn party is 7 hours after the initial one of the prior day. Meaning, the first would be acceptable in terms of the Central or Eastern time zone, then one for Europe, and finally one acceptable for Japan and Australia. I don't believe there are any Australian moderators right now, but it's just a thought.

This idea is also up for debate in terms of how players would respond for the rarer items which they worked hard to receive and then are given a chance to be obtained easier. I wouldn't mind, but there might be players who are mad about having to spend a large quantity of time to obtain it.  :P

CherryPie

Sounds like an idea with too much human effort - a gm's not here every day.

My idea:

write a server script that automatically submits the commands for the following:
1:00pm - spawn 5 BBB
3:00pm - spawn 5 RBs
6:00pm - spawn 5 DS
9:00pm - spawn 1 SG

All spawns should happen in the middle of the arena to prevent confusion and searching.
The times, amounts and enemy types are just examples but you get the idea.

darkflash

Quote from: CherryPie on September 19, 2011, 02:16:11 PM

My idea:

write a server script that automatically submits the commands for the following:

Ya that would be awesome

All spawns should happen in the middle of the arena to prevent confusion and searching.

aznx4xlyfe

Quote from: darkflash on September 21, 2011, 08:32:43 AM
Quote from: CherryPie on September 19, 2011, 02:16:11 PM

My idea:

Ya that would be awesome

yeah that would be great. if only Meium saw this post *cough* :)

JninjaJ

In my opinion there should not be a spawn party everyday it will make spawn parties less special. I personally like having very rare spawn parties plus if there is a spawn party so often its unfair on people who have had to work to get there weapons.

Lucifer

Quote from: JninjaJ on September 23, 2011, 05:31:24 PM
In my opinion there should not be a spawn party everyday it will make spawn parties less special. I personally like having very rare spawn parties plus if there is a spawn party so often its unfair on people who have had to work to get there weapons.
To be fair, there is a severe lack of logic in that argument. If spawn parties were common, they would in effect be part of the game, and achieving an item during normal game-play is completely legit and nothing to complain about. The fact that spawn parties are quite rare and far between makes them an event in which it really would be rage-inducing to see someone get an item you've personally worked so hard for. Even then, achieving an item during a Spawn Party is HARD. It's difficult to survive being on the floor for more than a second, let alone get threshold on any boss monsters, let alone pick up their loot afterwords. That's an accomplishment in and of itself, one that I've personally never achieved, nor to my memory seen achieved.

Jmac

Quote from: Lucifer on September 23, 2011, 07:42:39 PM
Even then, achieving an item during a Spawn Party is HARD. It's difficult to survive being on the floor for more than a second, let alone get threshold on any boss monsters, let alone pick up their loot afterwords. That's an accomplishment in and of itself.

Unless your build just happens to abuse large amounts of vitality and intelligence, *cough* HitMe *cough*

CherryPie

Quote from: Lucifer on September 23, 2011, 07:42:39 PM
Quote from: JninjaJ on September 23, 2011, 05:31:24 PM
To be fair, there is a severe lack of logic in that argument. If spawn parties were common, they would in effect be part of the game, and achieving an item during normal game-play is completely legit and nothing to complain about. The fact that spawn parties are quite rare and far between makes them an event in which it really would be rage-inducing to see someone get an item you've personally worked so hard for. Even then, achieving an item during a Spawn Party is HARD. It's difficult to survive being on the floor for more than a second, let alone get threshold on any boss monsters, let alone pick up their loot afterwords. That's an accomplishment in and of itself, one that I've personally never achieved, nor to my memory seen achieved.

If you also refer to my idea - that was more meant to be a happy hour and not really a spawn "party", considering only 2-5% of the monsters of a real spawn party would be spawned every few hours, so that wouldn't make rare items a lot more common in my opinion (you could argue about the sg spawn, but that'd be all, really.).

PureAzzN

i would agree fully and would make the game more interesting~!

Supercowy

I agree, If there would be some events like spawn parties or dux present parties I would start playing every now and then. It would be a good thing for the community and the amount of players online in v2.

Jmac

My feeling is that there will be a minor influx of players, then it'll die down, exactly like after an SG. I agree that it would increase how many people get online, however there's got to be a better way then giving free chanches at rare items to the people who don't try all day to get them.