News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Occupy Wallstreet

Started by Yankyal, October 09, 2011, 07:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yankyal

I didn't see any threads.

So basically, Wallstreet !@#$ed the economy yet no one is accounting for it. Discuss the protest, which is growing rapidly every day.
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10

ARTgames

elaborate, Iv seen much but don't know what exactly is going on.

Yankyal

Quote from: ARTgames on October 09, 2011, 08:57:05 PM
elaborate, Iv seen much but don't know what exactly is going on.
Thousands of people are protesting Wallstreet in New York. They are against the 1% of America that is !@#$ing the rest of us over through corrupt business practices.

Scotty

The actual root of the protests vary tremendously from person to person.  Some do it because Anonymous is telling them to stand up, others are pissed at the American population who can't bare to possibly have tax increases bring them below $400k a year income, others protest because the US government is so far in debt, that when compared to the average middle-class citizen, if they were as far in debt as the government was, they wouldn't be able to buy a Popsicle on credit, yet the government keeps spending and spending without paying back their debts.

The reasons vary, the government is panicking, some call them patriots, others call then un-American, it all depends on what side of the fence your on.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Scotty on October 10, 2011, 06:00:28 PM
The actual root of the protests vary tremendously from person to person.  Some do it because Anonymous is telling them to stand up, others are pissed at the American population who can't bare to possibly have tax increases bring them below $400k a year income, others protest because the US government is so far in debt, that when compared to the average middle-class citizen, if they were as far in debt as the government was, they wouldn't be able to buy a Popsicle on credit, yet the government keeps spending and spending without paying back their debts.

The reasons vary, the government is panicking, some call them patriots, others call then un-American, it all depends on what side of the fence your on.

Haha, since when has protesting ever been "un-American". Wasn't this country founded on protesting? Must not understand that side of the argument. Honestly though, does anybody think this debt is ever going to get paid off? Cause i really see no chance of coming remotely close like, within my lifetime.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Scotty

I honestly think we've lucked out big time and we haven't even seen the worst of it yet.  The fact that we are in the double digits for trillions in debt, and the government shows no intentions of paying our bills, we've only begun the hardship.  We're spiraling out of control, and everyone just thinks it's a good idea to keep spending and worry about the consequences later... Goes against everything we were taught as children when it comes to budgeting and financing...

Yankyal

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on October 10, 2011, 06:47:45 PM
Quote from: Scotty on October 10, 2011, 06:00:28 PM

Haha, since when has protesting ever been "un-American". Wasn't this country founded on protesting? Must not understand that side of the argument. Honestly though, does anybody think this debt is ever going to get paid off? Cause i really see no chance of coming remotely close like, within my lifetime.

Exactly. We support protest in other countries and cheer for democracy, but suddenly it's unpatriotic if it happens here.