News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

GTA V Announced (finally)

Started by Jake, October 25, 2011, 11:32:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotty

Holy crap, I had completely forgotten about this.

Before I realized how old this topic was (I read Jake's first post and thought, 'bout damn time!), my first concern was whether or not they'd actually be able to do the things Jake mentioned, and my concerns are still valid, only slightly eased with the screenshots.

I think one of the biggest hindrances are the consoles.  Recently, the GTA games are seemingly designed to be identical in content/functionality between the PC & console ports, which means it can only be as feature-rich as the weakest link.  In this case, the consoles.  Being that PC's have been advancing at such a faster rate than consoles, it concerns me to wonder how much it can actually accomplish on a console, thus a PC.

At least two of the concerns are semi-quelled, being better graphics (holy polished, sexy, cheetah power!) and planes!  Squeee!

Jake

Quote from: Scotty on August 20, 2012, 04:48:49 PM
Holy crap, I had completely forgotten about this.

Before I realized how old this topic was (I read Jake's first post and thought, 'bout damn time!), my first concern was whether or not they'd actually be able to do the things Jake mentioned, and my concerns are still valid, only slightly eased with the screenshots.

I think one of the biggest hindrances are the consoles.  Recently, the GTA games are seemingly designed to be identical in content/functionality between the PC & console ports, which means it can only be as feature-rich as the weakest link.  In this case, the consoles.  Being that PC's have been advancing at such a faster rate than consoles, it concerns me to wonder how much it can actually accomplish on a console, thus a PC.

At least two of the concerns are semi-quelled, being better graphics (holy polished, sexy, cheetah power!) and planes!  Squeee!
I have heard rumors that another studio is developing GTA V for PC in conjunction with it's console counter parts. If this is true, there's a chance it could actually be a decent port with some sexy graphics. Of course, the PC version would still be artificially limited by what they choose to do on the console, but I'm honestly not too worried. GTA IV was one of my favorite games of all time, and it seems like they're pushing the series to new levels.

ARTgames

Quote from: Scotty on August 20, 2012, 04:48:49 PM
Yeah that's always been the case with GTA. It was a PlayStation game and then turned into a Xbox game with pc always in last place. They do throw some things in for the pc as of late in terms of graphics. In older gtas for the most part you got more resolution. In SA they gave you AA and a playback tool but took away multiplayer. In IV they gave you a lot more things you can raise and gave you night time shadows which you cant do on the consoles.

In SA they had a video playback of the last half minute or so of game play which was kinda fun and only on pc. In IV they made it save clips and let you edit them later. Which made it really cool and more worthwhile to get the PC version. 

Now the RAGE engine that the new GTA uses I think is really nice looking. And IV on max is hard to do with good FPS with good system today. But that probably also has to do with how it was made not just graphics. The main downfall I think may be cause by consoles in terms of graphics is there is no AA. Which kinda sucks and looking at GTA V screen shots it looks like I dont see it there ether. Maybe thats xbox screenshots but the jagged edges kinda take you out of the experience.

stick d00d

In case anyone hasn't seen the new screenshots yet:

These 4 were posted 2 hours ago:

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/43961/business.html

and these 3 were posted 2 days ago:

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/38221/leisure.html

Can't wait to see the next trailer.

ARTgames

They made fun of gta graphics before IV. They fixed that.

stick d00d

ARTgames