News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Global Time

Started by Matty_Richo, October 25, 2011, 08:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matty_Richo

Quote from: Meiun on October 27, 2011, 06:03:26 PM
I will probably do something like this for V3. Mainly just make something along the lines of a "/time" command where it will tell you the current time for the SO server. That way people can use that as a reference for any events and have an easy way to check it if they are confused about what time zone it should be.
Yeah fair enough.

@Lingus, Yeah, you are right, but I'm thinking more in-game. And it also stops confusion with EST and stuff (Being that there are multiple different ESTs depending on where you are).

Lingus

I honestly think everyone using an ingame time referrence will be more confusing than anything. Unless, as Meiun mentioned, it is the server time, and the server time is somewhere easily recognizable. (IE somewhere that doesn't have any weird time zone rules.) But even so, it would just be easy enough to referrence your own time zone. If someone is in an unfamiliar time zone, it's easy enough to offer up the +/- GMT.

ARTgames

Nah I don't think so Lingus. I think having in game time will make it more organized. As long as its something like server time.

That way I only need to remember the difference of my time to its time. When people set up events they like to make it in there own time zone most of the time. If we have stick online time they will probably remember the difference of there time to stick online's and can give the time in stick online time. I would know my difference since I would be use to comparing my time to stick online's time so I would be able to convert it easier than me having to learn the time zones of all the people who make events.

We could just do that now without it being in game but it makes it easier if its in game and official and easy to get to. And would be easy to make a converter for some one who does not know since we know what one time zone would always be. I think the /time command Meiun said would be good and all that's really needed.