News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Redone Icons

Started by Chaos, October 30, 2011, 05:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaos

That's right, I learned my lesson, I'm getting feedback before I go have Meiun changing icons.  This is a new Spire icon that I finally got around to doing:

Enlarged 2x:

It has electricity arcing from the hilt to the blade tip.

Opinions?

Edit:

Adding more redone sprites to the topic.  Tweaked Inferno Sword Icon:

Enlarged 2x:

New version of IS:

Enlarged 2x:

Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Beastmode

approve x2

havok

looks nice the one thing i dont like tho is it looks like lightning and when you use the attack it has none

Chaos

Quote from: havok on October 30, 2011, 05:36:07 PM
looks nice the one thing i dont like tho is it looks like lightning and when you use the attack it has none

Aaaaactually it does, lol

The entire point of the name 'spire' was actually referencing to it being like a spire/lightning rod.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

havok

Quote from: Chaos on October 30, 2011, 05:43:18 PM
Quote from: havok on October 30, 2011, 05:36:07 PM

Aaaaactually it does, lol

The entire point of the name 'spire' was actually referencing to it being like a spire/lightning rod.

well then !@#$ lol
IN that case i love it :p

thekolla

I think it looks extremely good! I vote for this being the new icon, good job chaos!

TANK

looks good except isn't the lighting outside the spire whiteish/greenish?

Chaos

Quote from: TANK on October 30, 2011, 06:50:22 PM
looks good except isn't the lighting outside the spire whiteish/greenish?

White and Yellow mostly, yeah.  I've since decided that looks like crap for electricity. :x
Jake says:

Matty_Richo

Love the spire icon for sure.
As for the IS one, I like it, however the red area seems a bit to big, but it still looks pretty good :)

Chaos

'Nother version of IS.  Better or worse?
Jake says:

stick d00d

I like the first IS version better. The second one is too skinny, since the in-game blur from the weapon is a big area.

Matty_Richo

Quote from: Chaos on October 30, 2011, 09:23:01 PM
'Nother version of IS.  Better or worse?
Yes it is IMO, however, I do agree that the flames could go down the side of the blade a bit more, also, I did like that pinky orangey shade you had in the last version. I think my main issue was that the red flames you had around the sword was the same/very similar shade to the blade itself. But this is just my opinion and personal preference.

Scotty

I like the first version better, but on high resolution monitors (e.g. the one I first viewed it on at home vice the lower resolution monitor I have at work) you can't distinguish where the blade ends and flame begins, especially on the right side.  It looks like a throbbing flaming red club with a hilt.  Unfortunately the only reasonable way to change that though is to either change the saturation/hue of the blade or the flame, either of which would warrant a redo of the actual weapon sprite too.  But hey, you're the artist, you'll figure it out and I'll just sit back and say "Or you could do that."

Lucifer

To be completely honest, I prefer the current ingame icon. I've always thought it looked badass, and never personally had a problem with it. The more I look at the first one, the more it looks to me like flaming play-doh. The second one looks a bit lacking in detail, with less flames that themselves look less flashy and neat looking.

House

i like the x2 spire the best and the first Inferno Sword