News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

3rd shop

Started by Readyman, November 19, 2011, 11:11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Readyman

I'm not entirely sure if this has been said in the past, but it just dawned on me that there should be a 3rd shop in the forest area by all the bandits.  It's somewhat of a hassle going to either edge of the map if you're in the middle.

Yankyal

Quote from: Readyman on November 19, 2011, 11:11:37 AM
I'm not entirely sure if this has been said in the past, but it just dawned on me that there should be a 3rd shop in the forest area by all the bandits.  It's somewhat of a hassle going to either edge of the map if you're in the middle.
Maybe where the tree-house is?
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10

Celson

This is the sort of idea that doesn't really improve the game but rather makes it more convenient for players. Probably not worth Meuin's time.

czechmate

Quote from: Celson on November 19, 2011, 01:07:12 PM
This is the sort of idea that doesn't really improve the game but rather makes it more convenient for players. Probably not worth Meuin's time.

How much time does it TRULY take to duplicate a shop and change the position?  I mean I have no idea what the SO source looks like but for any other game this would be no big deal.

Celson

Quote from: czechmate on November 26, 2011, 09:14:43 PM
Quote from: Celson on November 19, 2011, 01:07:12 PM

How much time does it TRULY take to duplicate a shop and change the position?  I mean I have no idea what the SO source looks like but for any other game this would be no big deal.

But adding another shop doesn't improve the game in anyway. It just makes it so people don't have to run as far to access a shop. Heck while we're at it we may as well add teleporting skills that allow us to teleport to any flag in the game. That way we never have to do any traveling ever again.

Can you sorta see what I'm getting at here?

Celson

I was being sarcastic about the teleporting skill. I'm still not convinced that adding another shop is a good idea. I'm yet to see a decent argument put forth that explains how adding another shop improves gameplay. So far all you've said is "I don't like having to travel all the way to the shops, add another shop". But that's not really a valid argument, that's just saying your lazy. I don't mean to be a downer, but I'm just not seeing the light of this idea.

Yankyal

Quote from: Celson on November 27, 2011, 07:28:19 PM
So far all you've said is "I don't like having to travel all the way to the shops, add another shop". But that's not really a valid argument, that's just saying your lazy.
We should remove checkpoints too. "I don't like having to travel all the way to the biome I want". But that's not really a valid argument, that's just saying you're lazy.

This minor change which would make things more convenient for players in general and has literally no downsides is horrible idea.
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10