News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Yugioh Duelist League

Started by Chaos, December 15, 2011, 03:16:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you be interested in participating in something like this?

Yes
18 (90%)
No
2 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 20

T-Rok

So stoked. I just wanna open those packs right now and see what I get. It's like waiting for christmas!

EpicPhailure

How goes the website development? :P

igufed

Quote from: EpicPhailure on December 22, 2011, 12:29:37 PM
How goes the website development? :P

Not too bad, really.  We're making progress.  I don't have a time frame for completion, yet, though.  But, it is being worked on.
Gettra - In development  ExcessPoker - Released v1.0

Chaos

Yep, and I got fed up with the initial booster packs and all the promos and the rarities and all the crap, so I pretty much scrapped the current boosters entirely, for something a little different.

Instead, what I've done is gathered up a list of all the cards released in Japan's OCG during Series 1 (before Magic Ruler), picked out all the cards that have been released in English TCG, (a total of 483 cards!) and I'm going to build modified 120-card boosters, using the names of the 4 booster packs from the OCG, Legend of Blue Eyes White Dragon, Phantom God, Revival of Black Skull Dragon, and Metal Raiders. 

That way, we don't end up getting cards like Cyber Shield (released in Japan in 1999 as a promo for Dark Duel Stories, released in English in 2010(!) in Storm of Ragnarok booster) ages after their usefulness has passed, and I don't have to mess around with making some sort of system for promo cards.  I'm simply going to integrate the extra cards right into the booster packs.  Additionally, this allows me to balance the support among all the different types of monsters (warriors are ridiculously over-represented early on.  14 Warriors cards in TCG LOB.  Compare to 7 Dragon, 4 of which require tributes, 7 Spellcasters, and even less for every other monster Type).
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Freeforall

I had an addiction to Yugioh a long time ago, and I don't want to get sucked back into it again :/ I had hundreds of cards.

Jmac

@Chaos, Will you be using the banlists/card limits that are currently being used? I just want to know because cards from LoB, like Pot of Greed and Raigeki are limited nowadays.

Btw, I've been playing ROM's of the DS games to refresh my memory on the rules. This game brings back memories...the majority of them bad, but still, thanks for having this idea Chaos. Thanks to everyone helping also!  ;)

Chaos

Those cards are BANNED nowadays.  But no, I plan to have no ban or limitation list in effect, initially.  As we go on, if things become a problem, I'll take care of them then, but currently I'm trying to take advantage of the rarity system to limit the powerful cards and see how it goes.  Raigeki and Pot of Greed, for example, will be Secret Rares.  Assuming things go as planned, few people will have even one of them, much less both, or multiples of both.  You won't be able to just buy tons of packs, you have to duel and earn points to afford packs, so simply mass-buying until you get one won't be feasible.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

krele

I would love to participate! I'm not following the whole trend lately (because the new generation pretty much anal-!@#$ed the TCG, literally)... But I believe I could still compete.

God-I-Suck

BUMP

how is the site coming along?

igufed

Quote from: God-I-Suck on January 20, 2012, 06:39:13 PM

Not too bad.  Currently getting the layout/design sorted.  Big things left to do are the rating system(easy/quick), card shop(easy), and trading(haven't thought much about this one to determine, yet).  Those are the big 3 things left to do.  Along with some small things here and there. 

I still don't think we have an estimate on completion, though.  But, it is being worked on bit by bit.

Edit:  You(anyone) can always add me on msn if you're curious about the progress or any specifics.
Gettra - In development  ExcessPoker - Released v1.0

Lucifer

BUMP

As you probably remember GIS back in the SO hangout days we used the Yugioh Virtual Duel program. Whilst a great program, it was always slightly iffy in that it required the use of Hamachi, and commonly ran into errors while trying to connect. We've found a smexy alternative!

http://www.duelingnetwork.com/

This is an online version of YVD, with built-in matchmaking capabilities and a smoother overall layout. The only downside we've noticed thus far is the fact that the website follows the official banlist, and as far as we can see you can't completely get around that. It allows you to play in Traditional format, but this simply allows one of each banned card to be used. I hope to use this website as an easier hamachi-free approach to dueling, but we'll see.

For now, I encourage anyone to try it out and message me on MSN for a duel! As of late myself, my friend Noah, Jake, Chaos, and Chaos's friend Mat have been dueling frequently and using Scotty's Teamspeak; which, is still up and open to anyone.

Teamspeak Server Address: jicamadickables.dyndns.org

Mystery

Quote from: Lucifer on January 20, 2012, 08:00:28 PM
BUMP

As you probably remember GIS back in the SO hangout days we used the Yugioh Virtual Duel program. Whilst a great program, it was always slightly iffy in that it required the use of Hamachi, and commonly ran into errors while trying to connect. We've found a smexy alternative!

http://www.duelingnetwork.com/

This is an online version of YVD, with built-in matchmaking capabilities and a smoother overall layout. The only downside we've noticed thus far is the fact that the website follows the official banlist, and as far as we can see you can't completely get around that. It allows you to play in Traditional format, but this simply allows one of each banned card to be used. I hope to use this website as an easier hamachi-free approach to dueling, but we'll see.

For now, I encourage anyone to try it out and message me on MSN for a duel! As of late myself, my friend Noah, Jake, Chaos, and Chaos's friend Mat have been dueling frequently and using Scotty's Teamspeak; which, is still up and open to anyone.

Teamspeak Server Address: jicamadickables.dyndns.org
Speaking as someone who stills fully remembers how to play and recently became acquainted with all the new card types and changes, what kind of deck would you recommend I use? I'm not familiar with what's good, what's been banned and what kinds of decks have become obsolete since I stopped buying cards when the Cybernetic Revolution pack was out. I had a pretty darn good Chaos deck.

EDIT: Wow, what the actual !@#$ happened to my post.  :(
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Lucifer

Aah! Huge block of repeated text!
Anyways,
Quote from: Mystery
Speaking as someone who stills fully remembers how to play and recently became acquainted with all the new card types and changes, what kind of deck would you recommend I use? I'm not familiar with what's good, what's been banned and what kinds of decks have become obsolete since I stopped buying cards when the Cybernetic Revolution pack was out. I had a pretty darn good Chaos deck.
I couldn't really tell you what to use, there's a lot of decks out there that are pretty damn nasty. Recently I've been seeing a lot of Holy Mark decks, as the dueling network seems to stock new OCG releases the second they come out. Holy Marks are NASTY... They have a large focus on some crazy XYZ monsters, and the capability to tribute monsters whilst in their hand to activate their effects. I personally run Skull Servants with Synchro and XYZ mixed in, Ojamas, and a very disfunctional Venom deck. Recently made counter trap fairies, but I'm still working out the kinks.

God-I-Suck

o, thank both of you guys for the info ! hamachi was definitely a hassle for me so i'm trying out that dueling site right now.

T-Rok

I've never heard of Holy Marks... But I do have an XYZ deck in real life. I love it. It's my friend. Haha