News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Yugioh Duelist League

Started by Chaos, December 15, 2011, 03:16:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you be interested in participating in something like this?

Yes
18 (90%)
No
2 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Chaos

Alright, new question time:

We have two major programs we can use for dueling for the league - Yugioh Virtual Duel, and Dueling Network.

Dueling Network:
Pros
-Has all cards from both TCG and OCG available
-Has much nicer graphics and sounds
-Has much easier match-making set-up
Cons
-Lacking in necessary card effect support (no counter support, etc.)
-Unable to do custom ban lists

YVD:
Pros
-All cards are functional within the program
-Able to shut off the in-program list so we can use a custom ban list
Cons
-Is lacking early OCG cards (potentially averted by using OCG Mode?)
-Is visually lacking
-Needs port forwarding or hamachi to duel.

So, as I'm making up the packs, the question that everything currently hinges on for my set files is whether I should include the early OCG only cards or not.  If I do, we won't be able to use YVD (unless we use OCG mode, and that has its own set of problems), but if we only use Dueling Network, we will have no support for custom ban lists, and can cause potential card issues in the future (though hopefully, by the time we get to the cards that can cause those problems, it will be fixed).
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

God-I-Suck

I say we should all start transitioning to the dueling network. I'm pretty it's only a matter of time before the update and fix the counters issue and others. It seems fast growing and a lot of people play it. While YVD has been glitchy on my computer since day 1 and I'm tired of using Hamachi, because sometimes it does not work.

igufed

Just an update on the progress of the site.

It's coming together nicely; I'd say it is 85% complete.  The layout is coming together great, thanks to Scotty. 

There is only 1 major thing left to do, which is the trading aspect of the site.  Everything else is mainly changing how information is displayed and smaller backend things..

Optimistically, I think the site could be completed in the next couple of weeks depending on any additions/changes Scotty or Chaos want to do.

So, sit tight, I think we're almost there.. :)
Gettra - In development  ExcessPoker - Released v1.0

Torch

Chaos

Okay, well, the site is nearing completion.  There's a few things that still need to be finished, like trading, but I've actually finished compiling together the entire series 1, with every card released in the OCG during that time (717 total cards!) into 5 143-145 card booster packs:  Booster Chronicle, Legend of Blue-Eyes White Dragon, Phantom God, Revival of Black Skull Dragon, and Metal Raiders. 

I've completely reworked both the rarities and card lists of these packs as a result, and I want to run a short 'beta-test' to make sure the first pack, Booster Chronicle, has sufficient balance.  The beta will probably last about a week or two, and will give me a chance to test the balance of the first booster pack before we got full release.  Anyone who wants to help with the testing, send me a PM here on the forum with your desired username and e-mail, and you should receive an e-mail with details. 

PLEASE NOTE:  The card list you obtain during the beta-test will be blanked before we go live, since the cards obtainable will be subject to changes.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Mystery

Quote from: Chaos on February 02, 2012, 04:06:47 PM
PLEASE NOTE:  The card list you obtain during the beta-test will be blanked before we go live, since the cards obtainable will be subject to changes.
As in the cards we have in our profile, right?

I guess I'd better make the most of Morphing Jar and Swords of Revealing Light while I still have them.  :( Only 2 cards I have which would be of some use later on.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

igufed

Quote from: Mystery on February 04, 2012, 09:18:28 PM
As in the cards we have in our profile, right?

Yup, those cards in your profile along with the stats for each player will be blanked and start from scratch once it's officially up and running.
Gettra - In development  ExcessPoker - Released v1.0