News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Realm of the Mad God

Started by Prosper, February 26, 2012, 06:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prosper

This is becoming more and more popular since it was recently published on steam and that TotalBiscuit (cynical brit) made a review of it. Im enjoying it so far. Worth a look especially if you like pixelated graphics.

Official website : http://www.realmofthemadgod.com/
TB review : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvYEIvyuHIc

Chaos111

I've played it and I find it very enjoyable, definitely worth giving it a try.
Life is only the beginning of the story.

T-Rok

So you lose everything when you die? o.O

Chaos111

Yea, but that's kinda the point, you need to stay alive to level up your character enough to unlock another one.
Life is only the beginning of the story.

Prosper

I have unlocked the top row of basic characters and the Knight for leveling a warrior to level 20. There is a lot to do in this game if you want to unlock all classes and even get their 5 stars of achievement on each. I found some tips about strategy. Once in game use the mouse wheel to zoom out the minimap and then click on where you see the most people clumped together and teleport to them. Its easier to train in group than solo.

Lucifer

I was temporarily amused. It turned into senseless grinding pretty quick though...

sly 3 4 me

Was fun until other players start to teleport to you and steal your loot after you defeat a boss.... 'Nice, you just defeated that, well, might as well take the items even though I contributed nothing'

Lingus

Pretty awesome. I got the wizard to level 20 yesterday. The "train" leveling thing is pretty awesome. Thanks for the tip Prosper. Basically you go into a level and teleport to a group like he said. What you have to do is find the train. It's usually when you mouseover on the map the one that has the longest list of names. Teleport there, and it should just be a long line of people running around the trail. Everyone just keeps running around and shooting and everyone gets exp for it. It totally reminds me of the cow level in Diablo2. It took me no time at all to level from 5 to 20.

My question is, if you get to 20, do you just delete your character and start on the next class? It looks like the only way to get another slot is to pay actual money. Or is there another way to get gold?

Prosper

As far as I know money is the only way. Though I know in the starting nexus (which you can access anytime by pressing f5 or insert) there is a thing called VAULT where I think you can store equipment. I have not used it yet so I don't know if it is free or not.

I stopped playing since 1.2 of minecraft has been out today. Im enjoying the new world on igu's server :P.

T-Rok

The first chest in the vault is free.

Lingus

Yea, I'm using the vault.

I like the game, but it's annoying that you have to pay real money for so many things. It basically comes down to a free version of the game being a stripped down version, and you can pay to add on features. Would be great if there were other ways to earn gold, but then you could also buy gold with real money.

Edit: Looks like the server and forums are down...

Edit: Huh, apparently this is on Steam

T-Rok

I agree about the gold thing. Not being able to earn it was a huge let down for me.