News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

CISPA

Started by DarkTrinity, April 27, 2012, 09:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkTrinity

Anyone hear about this CISPA bill that got passed today? It's early for me so most of what I just read went in my eyeballs and out my ears. I gathered that it's bad bad bad and it !@#$s with the 4th amendment.
Also find it strange that they rushed it to vote(not to mention a newer version of it) this morning instead of tomorrow. Sounds fishy.

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20120426/14505718671/insanity-cispa-just-got-way-worse-then-passed-rushed-vote.shtml

Thoughts, opinions, questions, comments, etc. GO.

venuse

well i think this is bs, if im readding it right. so if i get this right they can simply say you are a threat, without valid evidence, and look at all your personal info with out a search warrant?

Scotty

Quote from: venuse on April 28, 2012, 02:27:09 PM
well i think this is bs, if im readding it right. so if i get this right they can simply say you are a threat, without valid evidence, and look at all your personal info with out a search warrant?

It means that any US government agency can request that any web service you visit, infrequent or not, hand over personal information identifying you, and what you've done with that web service so long as their request is in "good faith" (whatever that means).  You won't be notified that you're information is being surrendered, and you won't be able to "opt out" of it.  Essentially, with regards to the US Government, its vague writing (as is with all these internet laws lately) takes away any sense of privacy on the internet.

Worst part is, none of the popular web services (Facebook, Google, Microsoft etc...) are against it because none of them want to get hacked.  Supposedly this will make them safe(r), and honestly, there's no way of knowing if it will or won't.

ARTgames

Quote from: Scotty on April 28, 2012, 02:50:11 PM
Quote from: venuse on April 28, 2012, 02:27:09 PM

It means that any
Worst part is, none of the popular web services (Facebook, Google, Microsoft etc...) are against it because none of them want to get hacked.  Supposedly this will make them safe(r), and honestly, there's no way of knowing if it will or won't.
how so. I have not been looking up info on this.

venuse

thanks scotty for clarifying that

HeroicHero

Really doesn't surprise me considering they passed the NDAA. US citizens thrown in prison without a trial.

The government is just growing a larger and larger disregard for the Constitution and basic human rights; it's pretty disgusting. Is it only when the government starts to ban reality TV shows, funny internet videos, and video games that we'll actual realize what's going on?

Yankyal

as many people have said already, you don't see websites freaking out about this and having another internet blackout like SOPA because SOPA would have hurted them and their users, whereas CISPA only hurts their users so they don't give a rats ass.

Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10

Lucifer

Quote from: HeroicHero on May 01, 2012, 09:38:40 PM
Really doesn't surprise me considering they passed the NDAA. US citizens thrown in prison without a trial.

The government is just growing a larger and larger disregard for the Constitution and basic human rights; it's pretty disgusting. Is it only when the government starts to ban reality TV shows, funny internet videos, and video games that we'll actual realize what's going on?
If they take away my collection of favorited cat videos on youtube, you damn well know I'll take a stand.