News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Fallout Online

Started by Pat, August 25, 2009, 03:34:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

I've been watching this project for awhile, and now that it's out, I gave it a shot. Its a Russian made mod that takes fallout 1/2 resources, recodes it, and makes it into an online game. Imagine playing Fallout 2 with other people in real time combat situtations. Yea it's fun...
http://www.fonline.ru/news.php
Theres 2 servers but "The afterlife" is Russian, but its packed like a tin of sardines and everyone is shooting at eachother. 2238 is the English speaking server (Made by Russians as well) and has a lot less players playing and also has "The Bros" gang who are a pain in the ass...

If anyone has Fallout 2, it is really worth the download. Post your thoughts on this game, I think its pretty cool, the only thing that really sucks is losing items when you die, though it makes the game a fight for survival, which is pretty fun :D
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

Cactuscat222

I have never played Fallout 2 or 1, only heard about it and read about them, but this just sounds awesome. I love it when people (especially Russians) mod old games or things like this.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Pat

It's actually a complete rewrite from scratch.

Lucifer

I'm a Fallout 1 fan, although I've never completely beaten it because I was foolish enough to patch the game when I was at the final level, corrupting my saves. I never got as interested in Fallout 2 as I was for 1, I just didn't like the start of #2.

Anyways, this looks pretty cool, I'll be sure to try it it.

ARTgames

i saw this topic title and i thought it was about the fallout mmo. idk anything about this and i never played the older fallout. maby ill give it a try.

Pat

Fallout 2 was a lot better than Fallout 1 in my opinion, and both of them are better than Fallout 3. Also guys you need Fallout 2 to play this (you only need master.dat and critters.dat which are resources).

Pat

Just a quick update:
http://fonline.scose.net/
you can now download all the files required for Fallout online here. Enjoy!

sk8terboi

wait wat is this a game u made named after the game fallout? and i never played fallout either doesnt look to good to me
[SSSS]

Lucifer

Quote from: sk8terboi on September 02, 2009, 02:33:26 PM
wait wat is this a game u made named after the game fallout? and i never played fallout either doesnt look to good to me
You're a !@#$ing idiot.

If you don't like the game, and you didn't even read his post, why did you bother posting? It just blows my mind. No, Pat did not make this. No, it's not a separate game, it's a mod for the game which makes it online.

Lingus

Quote from: Pat on September 02, 2009, 05:08:48 AM
Just a quick update:
http://fonline.scose.net/
you can now download all the files required for Fallout online here. Enjoy!
Awesome! That makes it much easier. Maybe I'll check it out now...

Btw, anyone know of the legality of this? I know they still sell fallout 1 and 2. You can buy it on Steam and another website that sells old PC games (forgot the name). So you can't say, "Oh well they aren't making money off it anyways." Considering it's a complete recode of the game, does that make it okay? Or is it not okay because they are using the original games resources? I would think even that would be cause for legal issues.

The only reason I ask is because my friend is into the old fallout games... but because he's in the video game industry, he's very much against piracy. I think he would be into this, but only if it were legal or morally okay. Maybe I'll just let him know and see what he thinks.

Pat

I remember something about a Fallout 3 modifications which aims to recreate Fallout 1 on the FO3 engine. They wanted to use the original sound effects and other resources, so they sent an email or something of to Bethesda (or possibly interplay) asking about if they could and I think they said that they don't mind if people use old resources as long as they aren't profiting off it or providing the actual game itself.
If this is true then this is perfectly legal. The game does not use any code from the Fallout 1 or 2 engine, its a completely rewritten game.
I actually don't find this as fun as I used to, mainly because they are taking to long to add quests. There is like 2 quests that aren't recorded in your pipboy, but you get rewarded for completing them (Brahmin shit shovelling and Deliver Lil Jesus' package from New Reno to Metzger in the Den).
And skaterboy, Fallout is an excellent RPG series (before Bethesda bought it). It may be old and not up to your picky 3D "OMGASH IT LOOKS REAL!!!" standards, but sometime the old things are better than the new.

sk8terboi

come down luc u fag. keep your dame opinion to your self
[SSSS]

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: sk8terboi on September 03, 2009, 01:06:56 PM
come down luc u fag. keep your dame opinion to your self
Woah, trolls go under the bridge dude. First off, he was a stating a fact, not even an opinion. Second if it was an opinion, that's fine, this is a forum. Third, you can't spell, your a jerk, and evidently an idiot, so piss off.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Pat

Sk8erboi go away, you're like 3 years old, 3 and a half max.

Mystery

Quote from: Pat on September 03, 2009, 05:46:33 PM
Sk8erboi go away, you're like 3 years old, 3 and a half max.
Jeez, he even de-karma'd you. Let me fix that.  ;)
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.