News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Elsword

Started by DarkBlade325, September 16, 2012, 11:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkBlade325

Yes indeed, Elsword is gaining more and more popularity outside of KR where I believe it's one of the most played games out there over there. So with that popularity comes ports to North America along with Japan, German, Taiwan, and so on. The North American version can be found here: http://www.elswordonline.com/. And a fan-run wiki can be found here: http://www.elwiki.net/w/Main_Page

Elsword is a 3-D beat-em-up heavily centered around an anime-esque look, can think of it similar to Dungeon Fighter or Rusty Hearts. However here, the game is 3-D models in a 2-D plain, which I think works better.

You might also notice it's pretty similar to Grand Chase. This game was made by the same developer of GC from what I understand, KoG. Although let me tell you, Elsword is a grand improvement in my opinion.

Elsword is also different in the fact that it takes a few pointers from Fighter games. In many Beat-Em-Ups, the general formula is press 3-5 buttons then the baddy falls down, and the method repeats. Elsword does things a bit differently by encouraging you to not knock your enemies down with the basic chains you see in the game. Instead, the game encourages the use of movement canceling certain parts of move chains to create loops and unique combos. This is the basis of how PvP works, and is an important tool in PvE as well.

I could go more into that little detail, but instead, I'll just link those who are thinking about playing to this little handy PvE guide so if you end up doing parties people don't get on your tits about KDing the monsters in later dungeons.

I tend to make huge walls of posts, so I'm going to stop here. The game looks beautiful, plays great, is pretty damn challenging once you attempt the Secret Dungeons which are much more difficult dungeons, and Henir which is the Boss Rush mode of the game. Also has a good micro-transaction system. No P2W. I will however leave you with a few videos of the game and the various characters. There are more that I'm showing here. But you can find them on the Elsword wiki.
Lord Knight class in PvP
Blade Master class in PvP
Reckless Fist class in PvP
Void Princess class in PvP

Blade Master class vs Boss Ran
Sheath Knight class (unreleased in NA) vs Boss Type-H
PvP NPC Valak: A PvP NPC with heightened stats and abilities.
Elemental Master in Secret Dungeon 2-X

Chaos111

I recently got back into a game I used to play which is pretty similar to this, called Grand Chase. I haven't played Elsword yet but it looks good
Life is only the beginning of the story.

DarkBlade325

Yeah- I'm farely sure that the same developers of Grand Chase made Elsword. If I'm to assume KoG was the developer. I never played much Grand Chase so, I wouldn't know. Elsword is very much a spiritual successor to Grand Chase. In that the controls are easier to get into, it looks much better, is smoother over-all, it's a really good game.

I've been playing Elsword for about a year and a half now, and it's no easy feat for a game, much less a F2P model game to do something like that. Only recent game that has done that is Team Fortress 2, which had me playing for about 5 years or so.

Really enjoyable.

Chaos111

Well in that case I think it probably is made by the same people, and I am gonna check it out. If you send me your user name I'll add you later and maybe you can show me the ropes.
Life is only the beginning of the story.