News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Fast Traveling System in v3

Started by Dimebag, October 14, 2012, 01:03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimebag

Hej.
In another Topic, I read about the possibility of implementing a fast travelling system in SO3. First, I'd say it's a nice idea, if the map becomes larger than in v2.

And then a quite cool idea, I think, came to my mind of how it could look like:  ::)

Imagine there was a NPC with a hammer and he would knock you to some set points. Maybe to the other end of the map and half of it.
It would work just like the shops (use shift) and each travel would cost about 1000 gold or so.
So the money would have another right to exist (at least I dont know what is planned for v3) and furthermore you save up the space and from spriting trains, cars, streets, planes or whatever.
I just thought its an amusing and in some way Stick-Online-typical style of traveling.

Perhaps you're running across the map and your friend comes down from a sky high fly. I kind of liked the idea.

What do you think? ??? ;D

CherryPie

More or less the exact same thing (except that in the original idea, a catapult was mentioned) came up a few times here already. I'm totally up for flying sticks! :D

Of course it should only possible once in a minute or so to not abuse the system.

Forum

Seems like a great idea but there are already spawn points intact that help you travel if your in one area die somehow, and your saved in a area farther away, dying would be a good transport. Meiun might also have in plan to change how the spawn works maybe it will allow you to choose where to go, but in the end this is what agility is for; moving around.

Also trains, cars, streets, planes, i don't really see fitting into a medieval stick online, maybe like horses, animals, or something of more of the way way past.
Officially quitted

CherryPie

Quote from: Forum on October 17, 2012, 06:48:00 PM

Also trains, cars, streets, planes, i don't really see fitting into a medieval stick online..

fireman hat! nuff said. :>