News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

obama wins

Started by Yankyal, November 07, 2012, 01:52:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yankyal

get ready for another 4 years of nothing really going down.
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10

Scotty

Well this topic is going to spiral nowhere but down...

Turkey

stick d00d

I was kinda neutral for this years election, which is why I didn't want to vote. I'm against pro choice, but I was for question 6. We've seen what it has been like under Obama so far which isn't necessarily good or bad. Romney to me seemed like he thought he could just buy his way into the presidency. Honestly I'm not happy or upset that he won, kind of just sitting on the fence to see how the next 4 years go.

T-Rok

Being Canadian, I hypothetically voted Obama.
Being Mormon, I still hypothetically voted Obama. I'd explain but I'd rather not go into the religion topic.

If I had the choice? I would have picked neither of them and voted for Ron Paul. He's a boss.

Lingus

In my opinion, here's the deal. The biggest issue right now is the economy. The economy going into the last term was essentially going down hill. The economy going into this term is essentially coming back up. I don't think Obama had much to do with either the recession or the current recovery. I don't think either Obama or Romney would have much to do with the sustained recovery or another downturn. The economy is it's own beast and there are far more important factors than who the president is and what their policies are to how the economy performs.

Mr Pwnage

Judging by the OPs post it is unclear whether this is supposed to devolve into a political flame war or simply regurgitate common knowledge. In any event, while I wasn't particularly passionate about either of the two candidates, I based my vote off of how much traffic they caused at my school. Obama came and spoke here twice, and Romney came only once on Monday...and I think it is safe to say that traffic during Romney's presence was way worse than both days combined Obama was here, and therefore Obama got my +1. Romney should be more considerate of my schedule and not come during the week I have 3 tests. >:(
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

TANK

if only newt had gotten republican candidate and won, i want to live in space colonys.

~space is the place~

T-Rok

Quote from: TANK on November 07, 2012, 12:20:37 PM
if only newt had gotten republican candidate and won, i want to live in space colonys.

~space is the place~

Wait what.. explain this to a un-knowledgeable Canadian.

stick d00d

Quote from: T-Rok on November 07, 2012, 01:25:31 PM

~space is the place~

Newt Gingrich.

T-Rok

Quote from: stick d00d on November 07, 2012, 02:24:30 PM

~space is the place~

Newt Gingrich.

Yeah, I never heard anything about him. I'm too lazy to google. What was his thing?

venuse

i think newt also wanted to build a giant outerspace mirror to reflect sunlight onto dark highways during the night. which is simialr to what a villian in a 007 film wanted to do.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/01/newt-gingrichs-history-in-outer-space/252168/

stick d00d

Quote from: T-Rok on November 07, 2012, 03:49:08 PM
Quote from: stick d00d on November 07, 2012, 02:24:30 PM

~space is the place~

Newt Gingrich.

Yeah, I never heard anything about him. I'm too lazy to google. What was his thing?

Honestly I don't know either haha. I don't pay much attention to politics.

crozier

Quote2) Helping the Handicapped. Gingrich saw and emphasized "the possible benefits of weightlessness to people currently restricted to wheelchairs." This may sound farfetched, but Gingrich had done his homework; he reported that when he shared the idea with paraplegics they "begin asking questions in an enthusiastic tone."
...Wow... This can't be real... Reminds me of Spy Kids 3(D), where the crippled Grandpa can walk around on the moon or something like that

Anyway, I think having Obama in office for another 4 years is a good thing: Less war and army budget, more green energy (I don't see why anyone would want to ~only want to harvest coal+oil to be "energy independent," when it means we will run out sooner), abortion=~ok, gay marriage=~ok, better healthcare, unions and the like are all things Obama stands for.
If I was a citizen (Canadian living in the States-currently 17) I would probably vote Green Party, but Democrats are the next best thing.

MetalMatt

im not a US citizen, born and reside in the UK. I followed this election from the first republican debate, hooked in by Ron Paul who for the most part for me spoke a lot of sense compared to what i heard most other politicians say plus it was fun watching him kick off about liberty and freedom and all that stuff, I wasn't surprised when Romney was chosen as he had all the big banks backing him and didn't rock the boat, equally not surprised when Obama won but i remain highly skeptical over what good he will or can do. My only real hope is that he doesn't allow the DEA to go after washington and colorado, all of that new tax money from regulated sale will really help you to become self sufficient in energy right? put to better schools, hospitals, teachers and nurses hmm? from across the pond ill wait and see, we can only hope for sense to trickle down from your country, mine lost the plot years ago. =D