News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

obama wins

Started by Yankyal, November 07, 2012, 01:52:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARTgames

Jackabomb

I concur with that. Obama won all right. Now if only they could get agreeable people like ourselves into Congress, we'd really go places!
I'm generally of the bent that the big Presidential elections tend to be only a surface facade, anyway. If you want to have your opinions and ideals actually affect the way you live, pay super-close (maybe even obsessive) attention to lower-level, less glamorous elections. The way I figure it, Congress, the state legislatures, and your local government are the ones who pass the laws. Laws are the government action that dictate how I can live my life. Next year, I can vote. I'll pay less attention to showy, distracting neon sign of big politics with its whirly wheels and flashing lights. I'll look past the pretty show and inspect the stuff that matters to me.
As far as Obama vs. Romney goes...my parents voted for Romney, so I guess he gets my endorsement(for all the good it does now), but  I'm pretty sure neither of them are out for my best interests.
That said, what frightens me more than an Obama victory is the level of knowledge regarding U.S. politics displayed in this thread alone by foreigners. That's not bad. It's even a kind of cultural compliment, acknowledge how important America is in the world. (Yeah, I went there.) The scary part happens when I compare that level of information to that of the people around me who can vote.
Why does someone in the UK understand my country better than I do? Hello, school system? You're failing here!

[EDIT]:Woops! I forgot my bluetext! I am shamed.

Lucifer

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Lucifer on November 08, 2012, 12:32:03 PM
Quote from: Turkey on November 07, 2012, 11:41:42 PM
Quote from: ARTgames on November 07, 2012, 11:33:31 PM
Quote from: Turkey on November 07, 2012, 03:37:49 AM
Yes, he did win.
Yeah I agree.
I'm glad we can agree on something.
I agree with you agreeing to art agreeing with you.
I agree to the fact that you agree with Turkey agreeing to Art agreeing with him.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Titan

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on November 08, 2012, 12:53:17 PM
Yes, he did win.
Yeah I agree.
I agree to the fact that you agree with Turkey agreeing to Art agreeing with him.
I agree with your agreement of his agreeing with Turkey agreeing to Art who agrees with him.
Livin' in a lonely world.

MetalMatt

Quote from: Titan on November 08, 2012, 06:51:50 PM
Quote from: Mr Pwnage on November 08, 2012, 12:53:17 PM
Yes, he did win.
Yeah I agree.
I agree with your agreement of his agreeing with Turkey agreeing to Art who agrees with him.

I disagree.

QuoteWhy does someone in the UK understand my country better than I do? Hello, school system? You're failing here!

watching american political media is like comedy to me, some of the political pundits are hilarious and you got some funny comedy show hosts. im actually surprised how easy to absorb the US political system is, i still dont understand fully how the UK works lol

T-Rok

Us Government: We elect a President, but really everything is decided by the Senate who isn't democratically voted in.

That's all I know.

HeroicHero

Time to sound edgy on the internet! But in all seriousness, I don't think the two party system we have in the US is working out at all ATM. Republicans and Democrats are far too bipartisan and offer no new ideas on the role of government. There are no real fundamental differences between the parties on big issues like health care, foreign policy, and economic policy. For the most part, they both want federal healthcare mandates, they both support sanctions and drone strikes and occupation and interventionism, they both support the Federal Reserve and Keynesian economics, etc.

I feel like we're just locked into this status quo and there's nothing we can do to change that. The media sure as hell doesn't want to introduce new political ideas and both parties are corrupt as hell.

Personally, I really wanted Ron Paul to get the nomination for the GOP, but "HURRRR he won over 5 states, let's change the requirement to 10 states by holding a vote in which the audience will yell out YAY or NAY so that it'll seem like they had any significant involvement or influence in our decision making". As if yelling were accurate means of FKJAHSDFKJAHSDFKJHSDAKFJHASKASDLKJFSADLKFJSLDAKJF

Forget it... Nothing but scum...

T-Rok

Quote from: HeroicHero on November 09, 2012, 12:23:29 AM
Time to sound edgy on the internet! But in all seriousness, I don't think the two party system we have in the US is working out at all ATM. Republicans and Democrats are far too bipartisan and offer no new ideas on the role of government. There are no real fundamental differences between the parties on big issues like health care, foreign policy, and economic policy. For the most part, they both want federal healthcare mandates, they both support sanctions and drone strikes and occupation and interventionism, they both support the Federal Reserve and Keynesian economics, etc.

I feel like we're just locked into this status quo and there's nothing we can do to change that. The media sure as hell doesn't want to introduce new political ideas and both parties are corrupt as hell.

Personally, I really wanted Ron Paul to get the nomination for the GOP, but "HURRRR he won over 5 states, let's change the requirement to 10 states by holding a vote in which the audience will yell out YAY or NAY so that it'll seem like they had any significant involvement or influence in our decision making". As if yelling were accurate means of FKJAHSDFKJAHSDFKJHSDAKFJHASKASDLKJFSADLKFJSLDAKJF

Wait what. I was rooting for Ron Paul since the beginning. But are you being serious, they increased the requirement after he won?

stick d00d

Quote from: T-Rok on November 09, 2012, 01:12:40 AM

Wait what. I was rooting for Ron Paul since the beginning. But are you being serious, they increased the requirement after he won?

Seems like it was rigged to keep him out of the election. I honestly don't pay much attention to this stuff but I saw a few of Ron Paul's speeches and he seemed like the best candidate to me.

HeroicHero

Quote from: T-Rok on November 09, 2012, 01:12:40 AM

"Ron Paul successfully submitted his nomination from five states (seven if you counted Mass and Maine which had delegates illegally removed) and one territory meeting the five state requirement to be nominated. The GOP refused to recognize it even though this goes against all rules and precedent."

This website explains the GOP's incompetence and blatant bias against Ron Paul from the start. It's pretty damn ridiculous.
http://giavellireport.com/2012/08/28/rnc-a-microcosm-of-corrupt-america/

Yankyal

Quote from: Jackabomb on November 08, 2012, 09:37:44 AM
I concur with that. Obama won all right. Now if only they could get agreeable people like ourselves into Congress, we'd really go places!
I'm generally of the bent that the big Presidential elections tend to be only a surface facade, anyway. If you want to have your opinions and ideals actually affect the way you live, pay super-close (maybe even obsessive) attention to lower-level, less glamorous elections. The way I figure it, Congress, the state legislatures, and your local government are the ones who pass the laws.
exactly what i meant with my post. presidential elections are overrated. the supreme court and the congress majority party are the most powerful things in the american government, but everyone faps over the president.
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10