News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Firefox Download Restarting[SOLVED]

Started by Jackabomb, November 15, 2012, 07:42:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackabomb

There is a file I want to download. It's 3.1 GB according to Firefox's download manager. Normally, I'd just leave the laptop on all night and it'd be done in the morning. That won't work because my family gets our household internet from a 3G smartphone's wi-fi hotspot. What that means is, when the phone's battery is low, our connection to the good old Internet goes away for a few minutes. A few minutes to a human is just a question of patience, but to a Firefox download it's an error message. I was pausing and resuming the download every time I knew the Internet would die, but I couldn't cover every eventuality. If it had all gone as planned, I wouldn't have had to make this topic now would I? I got the dreaded error, the download canceled and it gives me the option to restart from the beginning. The trouble is, I already have a .part file left over from the interrupted download with 1.4 GB of the download already knocked out. Is there any way to make Firefox continue downloading on that .part file?

If the question or a detail isn't clear, please ask and I'll be happy to clarify.

Hikarikuen

Haven't tried this (I'm a Chrome user), but I Googled this for you and found this post. http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=6333845&sid=5159e2d30c2005b0982c94758504b90a#p6333845

Hope it works for you.

Jackabomb

Thanks, I solved the problem by a pretty similar method to the one described in the topic!
I just changed the name of the saved .part file to the actual filename after restarting the download from the start for a few seconds then pausing it. After I had deleted the new file it created, I did the name change and the download jumped up to 40% completed. Thanks again!

Yankyal

could be solved by switching to glorious master race chrome
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10