News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Black Ops 2 - PS3 Trouble

Started by Freeforall, December 06, 2012, 08:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeforall

My friend brought over Black Ops 2 for PS3 so we could play some zombies together, and we barely could.

I have the original model of the PS3. (The 'Phat' one) If you are just walking around, the game runs at about 30-40 FPS I would say. But, once you start
firing your weapon, or even looking at too much stuff at once, the FPS drops so low, it's unplayable. I would honestly say it gets as low as 4-5 FPS. And that's
during normal gameplay! It starts lagging so horribly, that the ammo counter lags behind when you are shooting. I don't know if this is just a problem with my old
PS3, or if everyone has this issue. I haven't had a single problem on the PC version.

sly 3 4 me

Most of the games are made with consideration of the fact that people will be playing on newer and older models of the console. How long are you playing it for while it's at 4-5 FPS, does the exhaust of the PS3 feel hot if you put your hand near it? Can you feel the fan moving the air from inside of the PS3 at a suitable level? I'd guess it's either not receiving enough cooling, either due to the inside being dusty, or that the thermal paste for the components has dried up. The latter is likely seeing as though it is one of the original models. Try seeing if it's clean inside the case, and if you're risky enough, check the thermal compound.

tehrozzy

This is an issue that was partially addressed by Treyarch.
Something about only being able to have a certain number of entities active ingame, especially on the outdated PS3 and XBOX360 hardware. Maps like Town and Farm have those cracks in the ground which set things on fire, and each fire is an entity in itself. If all the zombies walk over the fire it essentially doubles the number of entities on the map, which the hardware in the system is just not capable of running smoothly. Obviously it runs better on computers, since the hardware is more up to date (That and Zombies PC has a QuadCore processor requirement, which is practically unheard of for any other game)