News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Got anything nice?

Started by ARTgames, December 25, 2012, 10:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARTgames

This is the topic where you show off stuff that other people gave you for xmiss. There is happens once a year and here is this years topic. Share time.

11clock

Since my birthday present was large (a powerful computer), I didn't get as much for Christmas. However, I still got quite a few goodies, mainly stuff for my 3DS.

-Chrono Trigger DS
-Paper Mario: Sticker Star (so far my favorite gift)
-Kid Icarus: Uprising (would be my favorite if it had better lefty support)
-New Super Mario Bros 2
-Speakers for computer
-Various party games
-Lots of candy
-$15 iTunes gift card
-A few other things

Matty_Richo

Quote from: 11clock on December 26, 2012, 01:01:28 AM
Since my birthday present was large (a powerful computer), I didn't get as much for Christmas. However, I still got quite a few goodies, mainly stuff for my 3DS.

-Chrono Trigger DS
-New Super Mario Bros 2
-Speakers for computer
-Various party games
-Lots of candy
-$15 iTunes gift card
-A few other things

Without trying to personally attack 11clock here, this is something that I, personally, see wrong with this generation.
You say you didn't get as much for Christmas but 4 video games, new speakers and more seems like quite a lot to me. On top of that you also got a new (apparently quite good) computer for your birthday.
My Christmas presents included a new book, some clothes and chocolate. For my birthday (which was my 18th, which in Australia is the biggest birthday you have) my presents consisted of a couple of board games and some books. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining about my gifts, I absolutely love them, but compared to the mountains of presents that some people get, I got barely anything. Yet it's the people that have the huge amounts of really expensive presents that complain the most.
I know numerous people that have gotten new tablets or phones but have hated their family because it wasn't the latest and greatest model.

I don't mean to attack you 11clock, because I am sure you were not meaning it in that regard, but things like that really bug me.

Anyway, I got a really nice edition of Grimm Brother's Fairytales, some new jeans, a new shirt and chocolate from most of my relatives.

Cactuscat222

Quote from: Matty_Richo on December 26, 2012, 08:52:03 AM

-Chrono Trigger DS
-New Super Mario Bros 2
-Speakers for computer
-Various party games
-Lots of candy
-$15 iTunes gift card
-A few other things

Without trying to personally attack 11clock here, this is something that I, personally, see wrong with this generation.
You say you didn't get as much for Christmas but 4 video games, new speakers and more seems like quite a lot to me. On top of that you also got a new (apparently quite good) computer for your birthday.
My Christmas presents included a new book, some clothes and chocolate. For my birthday (which was my 18th, which in Australia is the biggest birthday you have) my presents consisted of a couple of board games and some books. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining about my gifts, I absolutely love them, but compared to the mountains of presents that some people get, I got barely anything. Yet it's the people that have the huge amounts of really expensive presents that complain the most.
I know numerous people that have gotten new tablets or phones but have hated their family because it wasn't the latest and greatest model.

I don't mean to attack you 11clock, because I am sure you were not meaning it in that regard, but things like that really bug me.

Anyway, I got a really nice edition of Grimm Brother's Fairytales, some new jeans, a new shirt and chocolate from most of my relatives.

...11clock was speaking in relative terms. I don't see any indication that he was complaining or upset with what he got. He said he didn't get as much as he usually does, but that isn't to say that he feels he didn't get a lot (in fact, he says specifically "I still got quite a few goodies"). I understand and agree with your sentiment, because there surely are people out there who don't realize how lucky they are and how much they take for granted. However, pick your battles wisely; don't go off on people simply because of your sensibilities!

This year I got some new clothes, an internal HDD, and a sound bar system to share with the family.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

11clock

I would like to say that I was not complaining, nor am I upset. I'm the one who made the decision to get less presents this year to get a large present early on, and I do not regret this decision. I'm surprised that I even got anything for Christmas, considering how superpowered my new computer is.

I'm also aware that a lot of people get barely anything for Christmas, but this topic was made for us to share what we recieved, and that is what I'm doing.

And one more thing. Christmas is not about the gifts. It's about the spirit.

God-I-Suck

lol I got some nice clothes (: and a nice cooling mat for my laptop!

Matty_Richo

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on December 26, 2012, 09:34:29 AM
Quote from: Matty_Richo on December 26, 2012, 08:52:03 AM

-Chrono Trigger DS
-New Super Mario Bros 2
-Speakers for computer
-Various party games
-Lots of candy
-$15 iTunes gift card
-A few other things

...11clock was speaking in relative terms. I don't see any indication that he was complaining or upset with what he got. He said he didn't get as much as he usually does, but that isn't to say that he feels he didn't get a lot (in fact, he says specifically "I still got quite a few goodies"). I understand and agree with your sentiment, because there surely are people out there who don't realize how lucky they are and how much they take for granted. However, pick your battles wisely; don't go off on people simply because of your sensibilities!

This year I got some new clothes, an internal HDD, and a sound bar system to share with the family.

I understand that, which is why I specifically said that it wasn't meant to be a personal attack on 11clock and that I was fairly sure that wasn't how he meant it.
I was merely saying that because I know that lots of people complain about the presents they get, and while 11clock wasn't complaining the way he worded his post made me think about it hence I decided to post my thoughts.

DarkTrinity

Lol yea, like all those posts I see on Failbook about kid who were like, "uggggh, I got an iPad for Christmas, where's the car I asked for??"

Anyways, I got a new iPod, as my old one is a brick and had a tendency to sometimes not turn off. Also had to charge it every night otherwise it dies in a day and a half. My new one has been on for about 10 hours today and isn't even 1/4 depleted. :D
The fam got a WiiU
Also got some jewelery, nailpolish, lots of chocolate(yummmmmm)
Chaos bought me a copy of Minecraft
$40 to Caribou Coffee
$60 cash
Seat covers for my car
a fancy sweater
A cold cup(to put smoothies/iced coffee in)
Oh, and a book called "A Geek's Guide to World Domination". It has a lot of facts and stuff that all geeks should know about. It's fun to read, lol.

I had a very nice Christmas. Hope you all enjoyed your too :) Got to Skype with my sister on Christmas and see her dog thoroughly enjoy the presents I sent her :3 (Or more like eat them/maul them, lol.)

RayRay

Here's my full present list:

Wii U Deluxe (for the family, even though I'm the user Mii)
External Hard Drive (price came close to the Wii U!)
Fango Orange T-Shirt (just so you know, I have a little collection of drink t-shirts haha)
Headset with Pop-filter
AT&T Z221 GO phone
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2
Reese's Pieces
Skittles Candy Cane
$40 in cash and gift cards

The Hard Drive and Headset makes me seem ready for YouTube maybe. I don't plan on getting a better computer soon, though.

T-Rok

I got a big box of Lindors from my grandma and $50 in gift cards towards gas. I was looking forward to socks from my mother (there is nothing better than a fresh pair of socks), but alas, all of my family has moved away from me to the most northern regions of Canada. Perhaps for my birthday instead. :D

Oh and I got to work Christmas. Hello you beautiful double time and a half payday. It's like free money!

Lingus

Hrmmm... let's see:

Various gift cards (Men's Wearhouse, Kohl's, Food places, and cash cards that we will use to get tickets to Disney Land next week)
Stylus for the ipad (So that I can draw without having to use my finger)
Clothes/laundry folder (cuz I'm OCD. Seriously though, it makes folding shirts and stuff super easy and everything is completely uniform)
Some books
Other misc items

I think I made out pretty well if I do say so myself.

Titan

I got Diablo III, the book Forged in Death, some small emergency stuff for my car(emergency phone charger, emergency car light), and some money for ski stuff.

EDIT:

Also got a little Bonsai Tree kit, which is pretty awesome.
Livin' in a lonely world.

crozier

Yes, I got quite spoiled this year. I got a new beginners keyboard (piano), in which I am having a wonderful time with. I play guitar, but this feels completely different. Having a hard time simultaneously doing left hand rythms and right hand melodies. My brain can't multitask yet. Any pointers?
My uncle bought himself a new laptop, so he gave me his old one. Very generous of him :) Its kick ass!
And my family also got a wii u, in which we have all been playing New Super Mario bros U daily. I also got some art supply (good quality sketchbooks and watercolor-pencils), fancy chopsticks, a Walking Dead Boardgame (that is very fun actually; I suggest you guys look into it), and clothes.
Happy holidays, friends.

Chaos111

It seems quite a few people have gotten a WiiU.

Well I figured I didn't need a lot so I asked for some clothes and Magic cards, which is what I got.
The family got a WiiU Deluxe along with some game party game and ZombiU. We bought Super Mario Bros the next day.
I also got a pair of ipod headphones which broke after a day because of my baby brother :/
Life is only the beginning of the story.

Lucifer

Quote from: T-Rok on December 26, 2012, 10:01:49 PM
I got a big box of Lindors from my grandma and $50 in gift cards towards gas. I was looking forward to socks from my mother (there is nothing better than a fresh pair of socks), but alas, all of my family has moved away from me to the most northern regions of Canada. Perhaps for my birthday instead. :D

Oh and I got to work Christmas. Hello you beautiful double time and a half payday. It's like free money!

YES. I got a new pack of socks from my brother, Great Success! Other than that, uh... some winter clothing, which I'm very much appreciating whilst living up at my grandparents, and a $25 gift certificate for Ralphs. Also bought myself a good $100 of League of Legends RP/games on GoG.com.