News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

you half to say

Started by ARTgames, August 28, 2009, 09:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Pwnage

Duracell and Energizer will surely be pissed. They'll probably replace that cute bunny's drum with a sniper rifle to assassinate all involved in the project. >.<

Also I had a question I was hoping somebody could answer...they say that it isn't possible to get electrocuted in the video because it can only supply electricity to things on the same wave-length. This confuses me because...are humans even running on a certain wavelength? And that wouldn't remain constant would it? I am just so confuzzled...hope somebody can clarify for me. O_o
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Lingus

It actually uses magnetic fields to supply electricity. The magnetic fields apparently have to be matched on both devices. The human body does create a magnetic field apparently, so it's conceivable that a device could match with that wavelength and do something to the body... not electrocute it I don't think. But maybe radiation? I'm not sure.

Oh, and devices will still need batteries. For instance, I think cell phones and other mobile devices will use this to recharge. It would be like walking into this room and always being plugged into the wall without the cable. But when you leave the room, or the range of the device, it will use the battery (which has been fully recharged in the time you were in the room).

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Lingus on September 01, 2009, 03:25:02 PM
It actually uses magnetic fields to supply electricity. The magnetic fields apparently have to be matched on both devices. The human body does create a magnetic field apparently, so it's conceivable that a device could match with that wavelength and do something to the body... not electrocute it I don't think. But maybe radiation? I'm not sure.

Oh, and devices will still need batteries. For instance, I think cell phones and other mobile devices will use this to recharge. It would be like walking into this room and always being plugged into the wall without the cable. But when you leave the room, or the range of the device, it will use the battery (which has been fully recharged in the time you were in the room).
Ah okay thanks. That makes a lot more sense to me.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

ARTgames

Im making this all up but what if they could make this super long rang like cell phone towers? think about the possibility's.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: ARTgames on September 02, 2009, 07:15:39 PM
Im making this all up but what if they could make this super long rang like cell phone towers? think about the possibility's.
I think in about 10 years, if other countries haven't killed us yet...we'll be able to do things thought to be impossible right now. Technology is really evolving that fast.

Lucifer

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on September 02, 2009, 08:28:01 PM
I think in about 10 years, if we haven't killed ourselves yet...we'll be able to do things thought to be impossible right now. Technology is really evolving that fast.
Fixed...

Mystery

Quote from: Lucifer on September 02, 2009, 09:19:07 PM
I think in about 10 years, if we haven't killed ourselves yet...we'll be able to do things thought to be impossible right now. Technology is really evolving that fast.
Fixed...
Quoted for truth. (As sad as that truth is...)

And this definitely looks really cool. I know I'D get one if/when it came out. Would be SO convenient.  :)

On the topic of growing technology, mankind IS becoming a lot smarter. And our intelligence is growing exponentially. We've gotten bigger accomplishments done in the last century or so than in a thousand years before that. I guarantee you, you'll see a LOT of awesome stuff done in our lifetimes.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

ARTgames

I hope we don't run out of resources before are technology gets to the point ware we can do something about it.

Lingus

Quote from: ARTgames on September 02, 2009, 11:23:00 PM
I hope we don't run out of resources before are technology gets to the point ware we can do something about it.
That's a good point. On a similar tone, I'm hoping longevity techniques develop to a point where someone can live forever before I die. I'm sure it's not far off, and it would really suck if we saw the very beginnings of it but couldn't take advantage of it ourselves because it isn't readily available to the public yet (due to monetary reasons).

Though, your concern is more global, but I feel that it is less of an issue because no matter what we will figure it out. If you think about it, if resources become so low that there's a problem, we will be forced into coming up with a solution. That's really how technology develops in the first place. When something is needed.

yottabyte

I saw this show on discovery channel that I can't remember the name of atm where they tested stuff for the future. They actually tried transporting electric power between two islands at Hawaii and it worked  ::)

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Lucifer on September 02, 2009, 09:19:07 PM
Fixed...
Haha, thanks for the correction. ;)

ARTgames

Quote from: Lingus on September 03, 2009, 12:14:11 AM
Quote from: ARTgames on September 02, 2009, 11:23:00 PM
If you think about it, if resources become so low that there's a problem, we will be forced into coming up with a solution. That's really how technology develops in the first place. When something is needed.

I dont think so. many be that's when a solution gets better funding but i think people are still working ideas ever day.

unless thats what you mean.

Lingus

Put it this way. If we run out of oil, massive efforts will be put forth towards coming up with a solution. Right now, people are looking at solutions, but no one is really all that serious about it. If it means the decline of civilization as we know it (as lack of fuel would certainly do) then it will be absolute number one top priority and it will be solved. It might not be the best solution, but it would be something.

Btw, the quote I was looking for is, "Necessity is the mother of invention." If there's a need, it will be invented.

ARTgames

Quote from: Lingus on September 03, 2009, 06:38:29 PM
,people are looking at solutions, but no one is really all that serious about it.

my opine differs here. i do think there are people out there really looking into it serious. hey there was even a movie about it recently.

but yes its true that most people don't care until its affect theme directly.

Lingus

Yea, you're right, some people are serious about this, but until they make a global effort I don't consider it a serious solution. It's not necessarily any individual person or group's fault, it's the fact that everyone as a whole isn't serious about the problem. Once that happens, because it will if there's a serious threat of running out of oil, then the solution will come very quickly.

But we're off on a tangent here...