News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

VMWare Internet Connectivity Issue

Started by TheRobert, March 02, 2014, 09:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRobert

Hey folks, a few months back, an expert amongst us set up a virtual machine on my computer, and it worked great until the software (VMWare Player) automatically updated. For some reason, unidentifiable to the God-of-a-man who set it up for me, my vm won't connect to the internet now.

This is what it looks like.

A different expert who is savvy in this field of expertise pointed out to me, is that under "Local Area Connection", well, it's just not supposed to look like this:

For some reason, it says "Network Cable Unplugged"

Both of the legends who have been mentioned thus far, have directed my attention to this site:

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=1003893

The option that shows the most potential is the 7th option, or:

"Verify that the vSwitch has enough ports for the virtual machine. For more information, see  Network cable of a virtual machine appears unplugged (1004883) and No network connectivity if all ports are in use (1009103)."

If you click on this option, it brings you to a page that says you need to edit preferences in this... vSphere client, such as open more ports because the currently open ports aren't enough to suffice the required amount for my VM to work properly.

Anyway, I am not sure if this vSphere is already downloaded, or if it comes with VMWare tools or what. Im not sure. This is as far as I've gotten, but it seems like I'm looking my problem straight in the eyes.

So, if you know anything about vSphere or this problem, I'd love some input.

Jmac

This is just a guess, but I doubt that your problem involves vSphere. Try updating or reinstalling VMWare Tools, and see if that helps before doing anything else. That's all I've got. :P Good luck!

Mr Pwnage

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

TheRobert

Thanks for the replies, guys!

Quote from: Jmac on March 03, 2014, 03:04:58 PM
This is just a guess, but I doubt that your problem involves vSphere. Try updating or reinstalling VMWare Tools, and see if that helps before doing anything else. That's all I've got. :P Good luck!

I uninstalled, then reinstsalled under the "typical" settings.
Still "Network Cable is Unplugged"

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on March 03, 2014, 04:11:31 PM
Have you tried a bridged connection?

I tried switching it to a Bridged Connection, and the same message appears under the Local Area Connection.
However, when I switch it to "Custom: Specific virtual network - VMNet0" I can get "Limited or no connectivity" Which is better than what I have been getting. However I still can't use the internet on my VM