News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

"Yugioh Classic" Project

Started by Chaos, June 04, 2014, 03:35:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaos

I remember that there are some Yu-Gi-Oh players around on the forums, so I figured you guys might be interested in playing with us in this little experiment.

So, some people might remember Lucifer, Igufed, and I attempting to do a project for Yu-gi-oh a few years back that consisted of an online duel league where we'd be making set lists, had a system that kept track of wins and losses, and would let player's 'purchase' the custom tooled sets with duel points from playing that would add cards to your accounts list of available cards.  Obviously, the idea fell through, largely due to my own fault.  However, today, after a significant discussion about the problems with the current Yu-gi-oh metagame, we have chosen to revive the project in a largely scaled back fashion.

Yugioh Classic Project

What is it?

Lucifer originally commented to me the fact that he never got to play the game when it was initially released, so he had no idea of what it was like back them.  Likewise, while I had played the game since release, I was still a kid, and played by silly BS anime rules.  That said, neither of us got to experience the game in it's true form at the very beginning.  This project at it's core is an attempt to relive the game from it's roots, and take advantage of cards that, nowadays, are long since considered obsolete.

How does it work?

What we've chosen to do, instead of creating sets of cards for players to earn, we have initially compiled a list of every card released in the first (two) japanese sets, along with the initial Starter Box.  Players may build a deck using any cards on the 'Currently Released' list.  After a set period of time, we will progressively update the list with subsequent sets, and any promos, etc. that have been released in between.

Additionally, every time we release a new set, we will be updating our custom card restriction list with restrictions for cards that have been deemed overpowered from previous sets.  What this means is that, while previously released cards may shift on and off the list, the most recent set will be completely unrestricted.  We want players to abuse new card combinations as much as possible, and provide input, so that we know what needs to be restricted.

How do we play?

This lists the cards currently available to be used:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uT_NCCJAFuGR6J6s8mGYjHlDf4ERuB5zvSqnKBwBnmc/edit?usp=sharing

The current Restriction List is as follows:
-none-

We will be playing using www.duelingnetwork.com.  It is online and it is free.  It has access to every card in existence, and you can disable the official ban list by selecting 'bypass card list' when constructing your deck.  If you want to set-up a game for the Yugioh Classic Project players, put Yugioh Classic Project in the duel note, and YCP as your password.  Any other member should be able to find your game and join with that password.  When looking for a game, be sure to click the arrow below Traditional (Unrated) to find the Unlimited (Unrated) list, where YCP games will be.  Otherwise, contact other members and ask them to play!

We have also created a Facebook Group, for anyone who wishes to find players there:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/475770465901950/

Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Matty_Richo

Oh wow, I don't think I've played Yu-Gi-Oh since it was initially released (or perhaps a couple of years after). Once semester finishes I would definitely be up for this.

krele

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20071217212153/yugioh/images/thumb/e/e8/PsychicKappaSRL-EN-C.jpg/300px-PsychicKappaSRL-EN-C.jpg

3x Trap Hole
3x Summoned Skull
3x Waboku

I know people like dueling network, but I'd like to suggest http://www.ygopro.co/
It's better in terms of being automated, it only lacks leaderboards which is why people like dueling network.

Chaos

Hmm.  Might have to look into using that, though dueling network is also convenient in that it doesn't require you to download anything.

As for Summoned Skulls and Wabokus, they aren't currently 'released'.  But thanks for the input, certainly gives an idea of what may need to be restricted later.  ;p
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Infection

This sounds really good. So good that I decided to post for the first time in several months for it.

My Yu-Gi-Oh story sounds a lot like Chaos' in the OP. I recently started getting back into it lately (about 5 months ago) and have been actively collecting and participating in local tournaments since. I'm not all that great at it with all the new stuff that has been released since I was 8 or 10 years old.

I'll see if I can get my other Yu-Gi-Oh buddy to hop in on this, though he isn't really part of the SO community.
"Nobody is perfect, I am nobody, therefore, I am perfect."

"When the rich wage war it's the poor who die."

Lucifer

Quote from: Infection on June 05, 2014, 12:15:22 PM
This sounds really good. So good that I decided to post for the first time in several months for it.

My Yu-Gi-Oh story sounds a lot like Chaos' in the OP. I recently started getting back into it lately (about 5 months ago) and have been actively collecting and participating in local tournaments since. I'm not all that great at it with all the new stuff that has been released since I was 8 or 10 years old.

I'll see if I can get my other Yu-Gi-Oh buddy to hop in on this, though he isn't really part of the SO community.
Awesome! Yeah by no means is this only a SO community thing, feel free to invite whomever you like.

In terms of getting into contact to play, best ways to contact me is either google chat (see my profile email), skype (hackettbear) or the facebook group - google chat pings my phone so that's more likely to reach me.

@Krele
I've heard good things about that program, feel free to use whatever is most convenient for you.