News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Halo 3: ODST Live Action Trailer

Started by Cactuscat222, September 08, 2009, 01:21:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARTgames

Quote from: daddi on September 09, 2009, 08:48:03 PM
Quote from: ARTgames on September 09, 2009, 07:59:39 PM
Hey that's an opinion. (yeah i do stat the obvious a lot :P) I really like there games a lot and so fare there has not been a halo game that did not meet my expectations for the hype.

But i will say that i have lowered my expectations of halo odst to lower than a normal halo release. It was made by a small team for only a year. Unlike the other halo games that had a big team for more than one years.

Well, that is because they aren't recreating the game. They are taking the already in place Halo 3 engine (Whatever they used, I dunno), and basically just adding some new aspects, story, and some multiplayer. Not a major brand new game. Still looks cool, but it seems like its going to be nearly the same as Halo 3.

which is why im lowering my expectations. It would not be far if it put this game to the same expectations as from halo 2 to 3. I think we are both saying the same thing. ~_~

But this game campaign looks a lot better than halo3's. halo 3 campaign got boring really fast.

Lingus

Quote from: EpicPhailure on September 09, 2009, 07:49:58 PM
Trailer good, game overrated. Nuff' said.

Quote from: ARTgames on September 09, 2009, 07:59:39 PM
Hey that's an opinion. (yeah i do stat the obvious a lot :P) I really like there games a lot and so fare there has not been a halo game that did not meet my expectations for the hype.

But i will say that i have lowered my expectations of halo odst to lower than a normal halo release. It was made by a small team for only a year. Unlike the other halo games that had a big team for more than one years.

Art, if you are saying that you're personal expectations were lower than the massive hype this game received, then you would be agreeing with Epic's opinion that the game is overrated. Overrated doesn't mean "bad" it means the game was rated higher than it should have been. Considering the massive hype every Halo game has had, it's hard to actually meet that expectation.

ARTgames

edit:

I think i know what your staying now. I never said it was or was not overrated. and weather something met the massive hype is something that is up to you. But i will say now that i dont think the game (past halo games) is overrated.

Now is halo ODST overrated? I dont know. its not out yet. ._.

Lingus

I see, I misread when you said, "there has not been a halo game that did not meet my expectations for the hype." The 'for the hype' part threw me off. I thought you were saying that your expectations were not based on the hype the games were receiving. But I guess not.

In any case, you're right. It's all opinion.