News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Music

Started by Pat, October 03, 2009, 07:57:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Titan

Livin' in a lonely world.

Scotty

There's a band that I found via a related video link off of Deadlock a while back that I wasn't too sure about.  I passed them off originally as a Nu-Metal/Metalcore band.  I've never enjoyed Nu-Metal.  Not even with some of the large bands out there that fly the Nu-Metal flag such as Korn, Slipknot, System of a Down, Mudvayne, and dare I mention Otep.  The stuff is too... Out there.  Nu-Metal came off to me as being unpredictable.  One second, they're screaming about killing everyone, the next they adapt the emo mental disorder, and they seem to do a lot of adaptation to "What's hot on the radio" as opposed to sticking to a trend of music (I'm waiting for "that trend" to become the Fergie-trademarked addition of spelling out long words in their lyrics, so I can laugh at the downfall of the genre).

The band I found was called "The Agonist".  Originally, I thought they were too... All over the place to really fall under my interests.  After listening to them some more, they're growing on me quite a bit.  They actually have a cute singer, who, likewise with Arch Enemy's Angela, scares the living poo out of every orifice in my body, therefor, she gets bumped from cute status, to downright hawt!  Her screams are very robust, yet still retain the sense of there being estrogen (unlike Arch Enemy heh).  Her clean vocals definitely adapt an American sound to them.  It's hard to describe, but it's very modernized with the trends that most female singers (regardless of genre of music) use in North America.  Supplement her estrogen vocals with the testosterone sound of the bassist providing back-up vocals, and you have a very unique sound.
The band clings to a lot of beat-reliant sounds, fueled by use of the bass-drums, similar to those of most North America-based metal bands (i.e. All That Remains).  The guitarists are very talented, being able to pick very fast, keeping up with the quick pace of the drummer, which always is a plus with me.  Add in some great guitar sweeps, and you have a delicious ear-gasm.

So, without further ado, prepare to cry for Mom kiddies!

Business Suits and Combat Boots
Thank you Pain
Birds Elope With The Sun

Edit:  ... Damn!  Too bad their Canadian eh?