News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

The 'Dungeon'

Started by EpicPhailure, June 29, 2009, 01:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EpicPhailure

Well, it's not really a dungeon, but let me explain my idea first.

Okay, I'm picturing this as a seperate place, like the Arena, only...well, a dungeon. So if you use it, then you get transported to a place where you can PvP others. However, you will have infinite stamina and access to every public weapon. (Excluding rares). Your HP will be 200, and all of your stats will be 1.

Why? Because I'm picturing the Dungeon as a place where you can develop new fighting styles, test out what weapons you're comfortable with and practice with it, or just PvP with other people, but you'll be on the same level.

I'm also aware that this could be the 'new Pvp', and no one will fight normally anymore. But this is just an idea, so yeah. Also, anybody's free to add on.

Aqua

Dude, that's epic. +Karma.
~Aqua

ARTgames

Quote from: Aqua on June 29, 2009, 02:03:06 PM
~Aqua

~ARTgames

T-Rok

Quote from: ARTgames on June 29, 2009, 02:34:25 PM
Quote from: Aqua on June 29, 2009, 02:03:06 PM
~Aqua

~ARTgames

~T-Rok
(everyone else was doing it >.>)

Lingus

It doesn't really make sense to train with a different stat build. Especially with one so drastically different. If you go from 1 on all stats to any normal build, there's no relation to the tactics/style you would use. You would have to learn how to fight all over again.

krele

I bet it would be too much of a hassle to implement in this version. This version will contain some occassional updates, but nothing as epic as that. +Karma

What about the place where you can attack people even when they have pvp off? Same as the old pvp, but would affect only a certain region.

EpicPhailure

Quote from: Lingus on June 30, 2009, 03:34:55 PM
It doesn't really make sense to train with a different stat build. Especially with one so drastically different. If you go from 1 on all stats to any normal build, there's no relation to the tactics/style you would use. You would have to learn how to fight all over again.

Well, it depends on how you WANT to fight, doesn't it? I mean, if you develop a way of fighting with 1/1/1/1, then you'll only have to adjust to the advantages of speed or regeneration, etc.

Aqua

I like it because no stat advantages, and no item advantages. Nice and simple. Everyone is equal. Communism ftl, however.
~Aqua

Lingus

I guess it's okay as kind of a throw back to the black and white SO except with weapons. Basically fighting there had nothing to do with stats. But as a training for normal fighting it wouldn't be any good. Fighting with 1 to all stats has no relation to fighting with a normal build. You use completely different strategies.

EpicPhailure

But every normal build has it's own 'specialty' weapon it uses for maximum efficiency. For example, strength builds use hammers or IS/GS, because they can inflict high damage with it, and if they choose to use hammers, the knockback will also take advantage of the STR level.

Actually though, most builds don't have any specific weapon they should use, at least, for right now...so I guess what you're saying is true.

Lingus

What you're saying just makes my point stronger. If you have a certain build, like a strength build, you want to practice using that build. Not a 1 to all stat character. That would give you no practice using your specific build at all. The fact that given a certain build you want to use a certain weapon or a set of weapons doesn't make using a 1 to all stat character any more effective for practice. It makes it even less effective.

EpicPhailure

No, but I'm saying that it's based around training with the weapon and developing strategies for that weapon alone. So lets say you used a stick. You adjust to its speed. Then, you get out of the dungeon and you have your original stats back. You would already be used to its speed, and you can use it comfortably from then on. You would only have your stamina and whatnot back.

Lingus

Wrong. Agi also affects weapon delay. If you have high enough agi, it's pretty noticable.

EpicPhailure

Yeah, I lost this -_-