News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Anime#2

Started by Lucifer, October 20, 2009, 06:07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Titan

I've just watched bits and pieces of a few.

So far I like:
Naruto(except for the tons of filler episodes)
Bleach(seen like 3 episodes)
Inyuasha
Code Geass
Death note(about 6 episodes in)

And thats about it.(for now)

Edit: Is there anywhere to watch the english version of these shows?
Livin' in a lonely world.

Torch

animefreak.tv has the dubs of pretty much every anime series.

Titan

Torch

Quote from: Titan on October 21, 2009, 05:54:43 PM
Thank you.
No worries. I only watched dubbed anime. I tried subbed and I know many fans only watch subbed, I just don't like having to constantly read while I'm watching a show. I may as well just read the manga for that.

As for 4kids, I just stay away from shows dubbed by them. One Piece used to be dubbed by 4kids and was bought by Funimation. If anyone plans on watching One Piece dubbed, be SURE to watch the Funimation one. 4kids made all guns into waterguns, all cigarettes into lollipops, all sharp things into play toys (for example: the needle gun was changed to fire suction cup darts), wine was changed to grape juice, and pretty much all suggestive dialogue that that could any parent could possibly deem inappropriate for a 3 year old was changed or cut.

Also the voice actors are garbage. Funimation's dub did not change any scenes from the original Japanese version and the dialogue was as good a direct translation as was possible.

Lingus

You can watch Bleach on Cartoon Network. They have two episodes per week every Saturday night. Though, I do believe it's pretty late. I'm not sure, I just DVR it. Of course, you'd have to get caught up before hand... so yea.

Titan

Are there any other websites besides animefreak to watch english dubbed naruto shippuuden?
Animefreak is missing 9 and doesn't have a dubbed version for number 10.

Torch

Quote from: Titan on October 24, 2009, 06:41:17 PM
Are there any other websites besides animefreak to watch english dubbed naruto shippuuden?
Animefreak is missing 9 and doesn't have a dubbed version for number 10.
Try youtube.

Trogdor

Hey! I've been wanting to get back into anime now that I have some spare time on my hands, so I thought I'd give this topic a well-deserved resurrection. I've skimmed through both topics and heard some good things about Code Geass and Gurren Lagann, but only got around to watching a few episodes of the latter until I gave up on it. It never really sparked my interest for some reason.

Some of the animes I've already seen:
Afro Samurai
Death Note
FLCL
Outlaw Star
Fullmetal Alchemist
InuYasha
Trigun
Tenchi Muyo
Rurouni Kenshin
Full Metal Panic!

I'm open to suggestions, but I'd like to avoid some of the longer animes such as Naruto, One Piece, or Bleach for now. If I like a series enough my obsessive-compulsiveness kicks in and I have to finish it, and I really don't want to spend my entire summer trying to watch 200+ episodes of a single anime.
If you give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
If you light a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

sly 3 4 me

I've seen most of the anime series mentioned in this topic; I actually didn't know there was a topic such as this, lol. Anyways, you guys should check out Mushi-shi and Kaiji. They're great series. Mushi shi is about spirit-like creatures who inhabit the world alongside humans, but many are unable to see them. Some help, some place burdens on people without even knowing it. The series has a main focus around a character going around and helping people with them, it's pretty great since none of the episodes are the same and each has a different topic, other than 2 or 3 which are two part episodes sort of. Kaiji is an awesome series which focuses on a man's psychological ability in knowing how to deal with certain situations, if a person is lying, the best approach to a situation, and an overall way to react without arsing suspicion if they are trying not to. The center of the story is on gambling, but it's about one man's struggle to beat the odds and be able to rise out on top. Kaiji has strange art for the noses and faces, but other than that it's a great story and plotline throughout the entire story. Mushi shi is a 26 episode series which is available in both sub and dub, I watched the dub. Kaiji is a two season series, the first season is 26 episodes and the second season is still going, there are 9 episodes currently. Both series should be watched.  :)

BigBushWolfPapa

The one I was instantly looking for was Death Note. I'm sure he has watched it all, since he posted that in 2009, but I recommend it to everyone, even people that don't watch Anime. It was a great series and they had it in English so make sure to watch that, it's really interesting.

T-Rok

A great one I recently found is called "Giant Killing". Its not in English, but its legit and it's about a soccer team.

Sonic472

I watch:
Soul Eater
Black Butler
School Rumble
Mushi-shi
And a BUNCH of others i don't remember because i switched to Dish so i cant watch my darn Funimations D:
Trucks...
Quote from: ARTgames on July 08, 2010, 10:33:23 AM
I'm going to lie, that's really good.

sly 3 4 me

What were you watching Funimation on before?

Sonic472

Quote from: sly 3 4 me on June 07, 2011, 08:02:26 PM
Nothing. I just stumbled upon it.
Trucks...
Quote from: ARTgames on July 08, 2010, 10:33:23 AM
I'm going to lie, that's really good.

sly 3 4 me

Quote from: Sonic472 on June 08, 2011, 10:40:09 PM
Quote from: sly 3 4 me on June 07, 2011, 08:02:26 PM
Quote from: Sonic472 on June 07, 2011, 07:57:17 PM
And a BUNCH of others i don't remember because i switched to Dish so i cant watch my darn Funimations D:
Nothing. I just stumbled upon it.

It makes it sound as though before you switched to Dish you had access to Funimation on a television network? How can you be watching it on nothing? If you switched to Dish it shouldn't inhibit you from watching a program if you actually had been watching it online or something..?