News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Anime#2

Started by Lucifer, October 20, 2009, 06:07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonic472

Quote from: sly 3 4 me on June 08, 2011, 10:46:08 PM
Quote from: Sonic472 on June 08, 2011, 10:40:09 PM
Quote from: sly 3 4 me on June 07, 2011, 08:02:26 PM
Quote from: Sonic472 on June 07, 2011, 07:57:17 PM
And a BUNCH of others i don't remember because i switched to Dish so i cant watch my darn Funimations D:
What were you watching Funimation on before?
Nothing. I just stumbled upon it.

It makes it sound as though before you switched to Dish you had access to Funimation on a television network? How can you be watching it on nothing? If you switched to Dish it shouldn't inhibit you from watching a program if you actually had been watching it online or something..?
Before i had dish, I had Frontier. So i watched my shows on their, we then switched to Dish and Dish doesn't have Funimation so i watch my shows online. The End
Trucks...
Quote from: ARTgames on July 08, 2010, 10:33:23 AM
I'm going to lie, that's really good.

krele

Woohoo, I thought people here were too cool for anime! I'll share my top three here :D

#1 - Code Geass
While it's logic and psychological part is overshadowed by Death Note, I must say the story and the ending made the show much better than Death Note. I loved the art, especially the way their arms are drawn doing some weird-ass wiggly things that I would usually call "gay". Lelouch is one intelligent mother!@#$er, but so are his opponents. I don't really like Mech genre in anime, but fights and other things were really great and satisfying considering I don't usually like the genre. SPOILER ALERT - I especially loved the martyrdomic ending, especially because it actually made sense.

#2 - Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Truly a masterpiece. If it wasn't for the ending of Code Geass, this show would hit my all time number one. First season is full of humour, sarcasm and irony - something I really love in general. You also get really connected with characters and their thoughts and problems. I love how whatever Kamina (an epic character indeed) says and does turns out to really work that way. Most of the time he speaks senseless stuff, which is funny. Quote: "Don't believe in yourself! Believe in me who believes in you!". Season two, however, is much more serious because of a sad event that occurs nearing the end of season 1, which is not a bad thing. Fights are epic, especially the last one... Nonetheless, I really enjoyed this show and would recommend it to anyone. "I'm not Kamina, I'm me, Simon the digger. This is Tengen Toppa. This is Gurren Lagann. My drill will pierce the heavens!!!" =P

#3 - Elfen Lied
Ahh, the dark love story with two different species involved. Gory and naked as hell, these cute angels of death pretty much force you into loving them. Character development is strongest I've ever seen, and while the show is 12 episodes long (read 'short') it really does fine job in developing characters without boring flashbacks. No matter how gory it is, you can't deny the fact that this series is pure romance, which is something only this anime managed to achieve as of yet. Lucy is epic, by the way =)

Lucifer

Quote from: krele on June 09, 2011, 12:59:51 PM
Woohoo, I thought people here were too cool for anime! I'll share my top three here :D
There's no such thing as being too cool for anime... D:
#1 - Code Geass
Watched the first season with some friends, never got around to finishing it. I'm guessing I should?
#2 - Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
<3
#3 - Elfen Lied
<3<3

Yankyal

Last summer I essentially spent all my time watching anime or reading manga. And yes, some of the following are manga, but manga is good too.

-I read the entirity of One Piece in a couple days, my brain was fried by the time I caught up.
Berserk(manga)
Bakemonogatari. Very very good anime, so good that it was trolled for months on several forums I visit and discussion of it almost always ended up in a flamewar.
Haruhi, one of my favorite series, discussions also end up in flamewars...
Kanamemo. I felt like a pedophile watching this series, but I was 14 when I saw the episodes so it's alright.
Tatami Galaxy. It's like an anime version of Groundhog Day.
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. I saw this right when it came out a couple years ago, !@#$ing awesome series. Glad to see it's popular. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
Toaru Majutsu no Index - awww yes
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun - awwwwwwwwww yeeeees
Occult Gaikin - Scoobydoo but x100 better.
Lucky Star - Saw this years ago, I rewatch it every now and then because it's goddamn adorable.
K-ON - Another adorable show.
Panty and Stocking - 2 angels, one a sex addict, and the other a candy addict, come from heaven to collect some stars or some #^%*. Really funny.
Mitsumodoe - I can't believe this show made it on air, it's adult humor acted out in an elementary school.
Darker Than Black - Action, really good series. The main character is like an electric batman.
Strike Witches - Just kidding I haven't seen this. I have standards.
Hidamari Sketch - Cute beyond belief.
Katanagatari - Better than Bakemonogatari. #1 favorite series of all time, #2 being tengen toppa gurren lagann.

Tons of more series I can't even remember since I never wrote them down....it got to a point where I'd hear words in English and the Japanese translation would echo in my mind. I'll just update when I remember more.
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10

krele

Quote from: Lucifer on June 09, 2011, 02:28:29 PM
There's no such thing as being too cool for anime... D:
#1 - Code Geass
Watched the first season with some friends, never got around to finishing it. I'm guessing I should?

I remember 2 years ago I made a similar thread and it received negative feedback... Something like "HAHAHA GROW UP DEWD FELLA IS WATCHIN' ANIME STUPID NARUTARD TROLOLOLO"

Anyhow...

Yes, you should definitely watch the second season. The best part of Code Geass is the ending, where you understand all about what Lelouch was planning. *cough*Zero Requiem*cough*

crozier

Quote from: Yankyal on June 09, 2011, 10:56:18 PM
Mitsumodoe - I can't believe this show made it on air, it's adult humor acted out in an elementary school.
South Park?

Not much of a anime nut, but I did start watching Death Note with my younger brother on Netflicks. First anime show I have really seen actually (and got into). 20 or so episodes in so far, and I'm liking it.

Lucifer

So, I just finished watching Phantom: Requiem of the Phantom. Has anyone here seen this anime? I wanted to discuss what exactly happened at the end with someone. In a way it was beautiful, but it was also slightly abrupt and vague...

Btw, finished watching Code Geass R2, utterly fantastic.

krele

Quote from: Lucifer on August 16, 2011, 03:14:52 AM
That has to be the best ending in an anime ever. I've never seen such ending, not even movies, books, etc. NOTHING! D:<

Ceroblitz

I'll put my list here

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Ceroblitz

yeah I have a MAL. Haven't updated recently

Cactuscat222

Quote from: krele on August 16, 2011, 12:21:34 PM
Quote from: Lucifer on August 16, 2011, 03:14:52 AM
That has to be the best ending in an anime ever. I've never seen such ending, not even movies, books, etc. NOTHING! D:<

The ending really was extraordinary and I loved it lots, even as much as it pained me.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Titan

I almost forgot about this thread!

I finally watched and finished Elfen Lied(in 2 days), and I have to say, its probably one of my favorite series of all time. (Non-Anime included)

I also watched and finished watching Full Metal Alchemist, thought the ending was kind of meh in my opinion, but I'm looking forward to watching Brotherhood, since I've heard its much better. But in the end another series that I really enjoyed.

Livin' in a lonely world.

Forum

Quote from: Ceroblitz on August 16, 2011, 01:56:36 PM
I'll put my list here

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Ceroblitz

yeah I have a MAL. Haven't updated recently
Do you even remember what happened in all the anime? Cuz thats alot o.o.
Officially quitted

Lucifer

Watched Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen the other day. Absolutely loved it, I think I have a thing for tragedy assassin dramas. Started watching Rorouni Kenshin, and although I enjoy watching Kenshin as a more mature and wise adult, the sheer amount of comedy puts me off. However much I enjoy comedy I prefer a darker more serious theme to my anime.

tehrozzy

krele

Quote from: Lucifer on August 18, 2011, 01:18:08 AM
Watched Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen the other day. Absolutely loved it, I think I have a thing for tragedy assassin dramas. Started watching Rorouni Kenshin, and although I enjoy watching Kenshin as a more mature and wise adult, the sheer amount of comedy puts me off. However much I enjoy comedy I prefer a darker more serious theme to my anime.
I'm in a same boat. Just watched Samurai Champloo. It easily hits my top 5 list! You gotta watch it.