News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

WIP-mafia game

Started by Jackabomb, October 25, 2009, 08:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackabomb

I'm trying to develop a small mafia game, and it's still in the earliest stages. I've already hit a mindblock and I'd like to know if anyone has any ideas or suggestions as to what to add next.
http://www.zshare.net/download/675029427ef64a04/

God-I-Suck

Um, I played it, and all I could do was use arrow keys to move the townies into their impending doom. Then, once they're all dead I can't do anything. I hope this isn't a joke, lol.

Jackabomb

No, unfortunately, it's not. Serious mindblock. What next?

Mr Pwnage

Before I can give you suggestions about what to add next, you actually have to produce something that is workable with...this is absolute shit, and it doesn't even depict the game of mafia other than the fact you used the character sprites widely used to depict them. Try harder.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Titan

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on October 26, 2009, 06:27:12 PM
Before I can give you suggestions about what to add next, you actually have to produce something that is workable with...this is absolute shit, and it doesn't even depict the game of mafia other than the fact you used the character sprites widely used to depict them. Try harder.

Thats not even constuctive crictism. That's just insulting.

I agree with pwnage in a nicer way. We need more to work with.

Is it going to be an online game played like normal mafia?
Is it going to just be a game like normal mafia?(random voting?)
Is it going to be a game loosely based on mafia?
Livin' in a lonely world.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Titan on October 26, 2009, 10:11:21 PM

You clearly missed the fact I was saying there was not enough work to constructively criticize. That looks like it was done in a minute, tops. Not that you should even care, it's not your work, piss off.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Titan

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on October 27, 2009, 12:05:08 AM
Quote from: Titan on October 26, 2009, 10:11:21 PM

You clearly missed the fact I was saying there was not enough work to constructively criticize. That looks like it was done in a minute, tops. Not that you should even care, it's not your work, piss off.

Excuse me?
I don't belive its your work either so go ahead and gtfo. Thanks.
And no, I didn't miss the fact you said theres not much to criticize. Thats why I said "I agree with pwnage in a nicer way. We need more to work with."
What I didn't do is call his work shit. That helps no one and makes you look like a complete ass.
At least I tried to get him some help by learning more about what he's trying to do.
What did you contribute to the topic?
Nothing. You called his work shit and told him he needs more. Wow I'm sure that helped him...

Livin' in a lonely world.

Jackabomb

Took a look over this, and realized, "Dang! Thier right. What was I thinking? This sucks."
Titan, due to the multiplayer nature of mafia, I hope to see it end up as an online. However, it may stick at the one-player based on mafia template that it hopefully will someday reach.

This was dumb. I'll re-post when mrPwnage is wrong about the quality.