News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Community real-life meet?

Started by God-I-Suck, November 08, 2009, 08:31:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

God-I-Suck

I was thinking of something like a Stick Online community meet in real life. Where the whole community gets together in one place and has a BBQ or something and we just hang out or something. I've seen it happen a lot on this one game, they have meets like every few months, they seem to have a fun time! It would be cool to see all of my fellow Stick Online buddies in real life and discuss different things. This could help bring the community together a lot more. It would also be pretty fun. The only problem I see with this is having to go across states to go the meet, because I really doubt I would be able to do that, but it would still be cool for other people that could go. What do you think?

JoEL

Well it sounds pretty cool, it would be interesting, but I live in Australia. :(

Torch

Having young teenagers meet up with strangers on the internet can never end well.

Mystery

Quote from: Torch on November 08, 2009, 08:40:05 PM
Having young teenagers meet up with strangers on the internet can never end well.
^This.^ Also seeing as we have people in Canada, the United States, Europe, and Australia. it wouldn't work.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Chaos

Not to mention most of this community is made up of teenagers who are not self-sufficient in any way, shape, or form.  Traveling across country isn't going to happen, much less, for some, traveling across the world.

I myself would have no problem with it.  I know Lingus and Scotty have met outside of SO and went skiing, and I've said before that if I'm ever in Cali, I'd like to meet up and hang out with them as well.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

ARTgames

This game not that big to have a big event any time soon. But if you really want to meat people from the game no one is stopping you.

Scotty

Real life meetings are fun when you have a bunch of adults.  I've done it with another community that I'm part of, and I love being able to drink with fellow friends that I've never known outside of pixelated characters on a monitor. 

Likewise with Chaos's words, there is no way a bunch of non-self-sufficient children will be able to get together.  It involves flights, tickets, money.  Stuff that no parent in the right mind would be all, "Yeah, go ahead child, we trust you!"

Would it be nice to get together?  In my opinion, as long as everyone were able to have a drink we me and raise a toast with beer, sure!  But that ain't happening!  In the mean time, I'll stick to my local buds like Lingus to get together and throw some steaks on the grill while sharing some beer!

Celson

It would be fun. But I live in Australia and I'm 15. Not that my age would affect my ability to catch a plane (Been on a plane over 20 times in my life so far), but with the amount of money I'm making from my job... I just wouldn't be able to afford it.

crozier

lol so true. You won...

Aqua

There'd be some people I'd like to meet IRL, but it would be awkward to go around and have this guy run up to me and say: 'HEY I'M SCSOX, WHO ARE YOU!?' I prefer to keep my social life and my internet life separate- long since deleted most of my MSN contacts (no offense to those) to create boundaries.
I'm not worried about being raped by some 40 year old, it'd take a cross between Obama and Michael Jackson to get a guy who wants to go after 16-year-olds (no offense, Democrats; just picked a random political figure of the one I'd heard of).
Making flights, especially multinational, would be stupid. I wouldn't mind an hour car ride to meet up with my friends, but they don't live within a few hours' plane trip near me.
~Aqua

EpicPhailure

Would this one game be Kingdom Of Loathing? *cough*

11clock

Agreed.

Mr Pwnage

I'd much rather a community video chat with virtual hamburgers...A community meeting would be very hard to coordinate seeing as players range from Australia, to the US, the UK. Not to mention that I really do NOT want to meet a select few of some community members in person, hell, some I wish I didn't know just through this very forum. Point being, I don't foresee this happening.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Red October

Plus no one would never want to meet me anyway!

We could just have a massive Skype conv. anyway, but just address everyone by there real (user)names. Everyone now calls me Paul or Red anyway.

Lucifer

D:
But then you'd all figure out my secret of being a 62 year old russian shemale!

Oh crap!