News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

[Some computer art/sprites] REOPENED

Started by stick d00d, November 13, 2009, 08:18:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stick d00d

These are some drawings/sprites that I have made.

New content will be posted under here:
V3 Idea Cap and Shades:

MORE TO COME SOON!

Chaos

Well, first of all, they aren't really 'sprites' at all.  That's more what I'd call computer-generated artwork.  And as far as artwork goes, it's actually not too bad.

EDIT:  Here's the wikipedia 'definition' of a Sprite:

QuoteIn computer graphics, a sprite (also known by other names; see Synonyms below) is a two-dimensional/three-dimensional image or animation that is integrated into a larger scene.

Sprites were originally invented as a method of quickly compositing several images together in two-dimensional video games using special hardware. As computer performance improved, this optimization became unnecessary and the term evolved to refer specifically to the two dimensional images themselves that were integrated into a scene. That is, figures generated by either custom hardware or by software alone were all referred to as sprites. As three-dimensional graphics became more prevalent, the term was used to describe a technique whereby flat images are seamlessly integrated into complicated three-dimensional scenes.

A graphic image that can move within a larger graphic. Animation software that supports sprites enables the designer to develop independent animated images that can then be combined in a larger animation. Typically, each sprite has a set of rules that define how it moves and how it behaves if it bumps into another sprite or a static object.

A matter of semantics, really.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Mr Pwnage

They're kinda neat...you have a unique style.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

ARTgames

Better than anything i can make stick d00d.

stick d00d

thanks for the replies, i may try to make some more to see what you guys think.. and i realize now these are not sprites, is there a way i  can rename the topic?

NotoriousM4^

I'm not to fond of the ghost-like thing, but I really like the dog a lot. Nice job.

stick d00d

yea i did the ghost thing very quickly, i spent more time on the dog, as you can probably tell

stick d00d

and here we have another , if you guys like this i might finish it

God-I-Suck

You made all these with MS Paint pencil tool? Wow, that's good!

stick d00d

yes i used ms paint, not just pencil tool though... and thanks :D here is a quick version of the GS, made it cuz i was bored

EpicPhailure

I really like the fire that the dragon is spitting. It has that 'cartoony' feel, with the style of the inner white and yellow.

stick d00d

thanks, i think i will finish the dragon tomorrow, if i have some time.. i'm thinking about doing that entire dragon you see in the picture

EpicPhailure

Yeh, just do the dragon if you really feel like it. I don't think the entire room will do much justice though.

stick d00d

maybe after i do the dragon i can do the room? perhaps :D

Aqua

Number 1 pixeling rule: Never save images as .jpg. You'll screw yourself if you don't have backups. I'm not sure what it was that messed up the dog/ghost picture, but it got blurred :(.
Keep at it, the dragon is a good basic sketch. After that you just need to do AA, dithering, and some burning knights ; D
~Aqua