News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

[Some computer art/sprites] REOPENED

Started by stick d00d, November 13, 2009, 08:18:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stick d00d

i think what happened was first i accidentally saved it as a jpeg then a png, maybe thats what happened? might add some SO weapons/hats later..

Red October

Not bad. You seem to have some talent. I suggest trying making some sprites.

stick d00d

took me a while... but finally done (minus the background)... this thing is bigger then i expected it to be D: its a beast...

EpicPhailure

Lol@the back hand. It looks more like a fin or something. You shouldn't rush it, just take it bit by bit.

Jackabomb

The finished dragon in the first post is absolutley great!

ARTgames

I really wished you used your work to bump up the "Your Creations" topic.

Any ways your ending dragon is great! Are you using paint with a mouse?

NotoriousM4^

Quote from: Aqua on November 14, 2009, 12:54:12 AM
Number 1 pixeling rule: Never save images as .jpg. You'll screw yourself if you don't have backups. I'm not sure what it was that messed up the dog/ghost picture, but it got blurred :(.
Keep at it, the dragon is a good basic sketch. After that you just need to do AA, dithering, and some burning knights ; D
~Aqua
It's not blurred at all, nor is it saved as a .jpg.

EpicPhailure

Number 1 pixeling rule: Never save images as .jpg. You'll screw yourself if you don't have backups. I'm not sure what it was that messed up the dog/ghost picture, but it got blurred :(.
Keep at it, the dragon is a good basic sketch. After that you just need to do AA, dithering, and some burning knights ; D
~Aqua

Do you have enlarged text on? If you do, that's probably it. Enlarging text enlarges pictures and blurs them too.

Pinball

Quote from: stick d00d on November 14, 2009, 07:50:48 AM
took me a while... but finally done (minus the background)... this thing is bigger then i expected it to be D: its a beast...
You still have to finish the wing?  Looks like you drew only half of it going by the reference picture.

Quote from: NotoriousM4^ on November 14, 2009, 11:52:04 AM
Quote from: EpicPhailure on November 14, 2009, 11:56:54 AM
Do you have enlarged text on? If you do, that's probably it. Enlarging text enlarges pictures and blurs them too.
Probably just saved it as a .jpg then resaved it as a .png, anyways since it's just black and white with the blur gray patches, open it in a paint program raise the contrast till it's black and white again.

~pin

ARTgames

Quote from: Pinball on November 14, 2009, 12:06:58 PM
You still have to finish the wing?  Looks like you drew only half of it going by the reference picture.

Quote from: NotoriousM4^ on November 14, 2009, 11:52:04 AM
Quote from: EpicPhailure on November 14, 2009, 11:56:54 AM
Probably just saved it as a .jpg then resaved it as a .png, anyways since it's just black and white with the blur gray patches, open it in a paint program raise the contrast till it's black and white again.

~pin

I'm not sure what you all are talking about. The images he posted seems to have gone thew no lossy compression at all.

Make sure your browser is not zoomed in.

Pinball

Quote from: ARTgames on November 14, 2009, 12:23:27 PM
I'm not sure what you all are talking about. The images he posted seems to have gone thew no lossy compression at all.

Make sure your browser is not zoomed in.
No it's not zoomed in, if you can't see the light gray spots on the ghost/ dog picture then copy and paste it into paint and try to recolor the white to red with the 'fill with color' tool.

~Pin

ARTgames

Oh i thought you were talking about the dragon. Yeah i see what you mean about the first image.

stick d00d

Quote from: EpicPhailure on November 14, 2009, 10:28:29 AM
Lol@the back hand. It looks more like a fin or something. You shouldn't rush it, just take it bit by bit.
do u mean the leg thats cut off? i only did that because the other foot is missing in the background... and thanks for all the good input, i will try to make some more stuff as soon as i can :D
Quote from: Pinball on November 14, 2009, 12:06:58 PM
You still have to finish the wing?  Looks like you drew only half of it going by the reference picture.

you're right, i didn't scale the wing correctly,  made it too small >.< crap

btw the reason the first image is messed up, is in fact that i had first saved it as a jpeg on accident, then saved as a png, i noticed the spots when i was editing the dog.. and realized what caused it.

Delicious

Quote from: stick d00d on November 14, 2009, 01:05:14 AM
i think what happened was first i accidentally saved it as a jpeg then a png, maybe thats what happened? might add some SO weapons/hats later..
The host website could've registered the image as a .jpeg, if he hadn't saved it himself. These don't count as pixel art, as they are not refined nor cleaned up - More like a doodle done in MS paint. Though they are neat, none the less. :)
<3

DarkTrinity

The dragon's head bothers me... It looks like it has a sever underbite.... Other than that.. keep at it