News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

[Some computer art/sprites] REOPENED

Started by stick d00d, November 13, 2009, 08:18:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stick d00d

yea i didn't do my best on the dragon, i rushed it a bit.. so some things are off slightly, i may add some stuff tommorow, and again thanks for all the replies :D what happens is i'll start out drawing something, do pretty well, then get lazy and rush the rest, i did it in my art classes too D: i wish i had a scanner, i'd show you some stuff i did in 2d art class... UPDATE: KRATOS DRAWING.. did this one in about 20 min., again all in MSpaint

NOTE: i am not all that great with drawing faces, so bear with me

Delicious

Not bad at all, just a tadd off on the porportions for the facial features.  ;)
Get gimp though, rather then limiting yourself to Microsoft Paint, which is not an ideal program for digital sketching or painting unless it where to be actual pixel art.
<3

stick d00d

Quote from: Delicious on November 16, 2009, 11:02:36 AM
Not bad at all, just a tadd off on the porportions for the facial features.  ;)
Get gimp though, rather then limiting yourself to Microsoft Paint, which is not an ideal program for digital sketching or painting unless it where to be actual pixel art.
yea i have always had trouble with facial proportions, but practice makes perfect, this is more of a rough sketch.. btw is gimp a free program?

yottabyte

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

stick d00d

Today I tried a little bit of spriting and here it is:
These are my very first sprites, a sombrero and a sword of some kind.
oh crap these are really small.... err is it possible to make them bigger?
I had them zoomed in 800%...

EpicPhailure

Just draw them bigger. I think 400 is enough to sprite efficiently with grid on.

Mr Pwnage

If your using MS Paint...use a thumbnail and keep track of your sprite's actual size.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

stick d00d

Randomn background sprite thing, trying to work on shading.. tell me what ya think.

Aqua

Your ground looks flat from your shadows: the tree shadow should bend assuming that your hill is round. thus, the trunk shadow begins going more S that E, but slowly the leaves shadows lean E, and get lost in the shadow of the hill (only things not dark would be highlights on NW corners).
NSEW meaning the compass directions.
~aqua

stick d00d

Simple little Christmas avatar.  :)

stick d00d

Reopening my old topic instead of starting a new one. Its been a long time since I've done any drawings/sprites and I now have some interest in starting up again. Here is a V3 idea I just sprited today. Not sure if it exactly fits the style but I gave it a shot:

I will most likely be adding more stuff here in the future.

Lucifer