News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

easier to read chat

Started by ARTgames, June 30, 2009, 05:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARTgames

the white chat can get hard to read. so i was thinking maybe a transparent dark box or the chat in the invert of the background.

also highlighting your name in chat if some one says it and have name auto complete like irc. those ideas should be simple and non conversant.

Aqua

Inverting the background would make it so much worse. Maybe if your texts were a bit of a light grey, that might be useful. But the transparent box is a good idea, and always will be.
~Aqua

EpicPhailure

Transparency is the way to do it in almost every game these days.

ARTgames

or have a hight contrast outline around the letters.

T-Rok

I like the highlighting of the name idea. It would be interesting. lol

Mystery

The highlighting and transparency might help, but if the text is still the same from when I remember seeing it, there shouldn't be that much of an issue seeing it.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

EpicPhailure

Well, sometimes you can't read it that well if the text is on a bright colored surface or something. Then it get annoying.

Aqua

I never liked highlights anyways, freaking annoying. An italicized message would stick out, and have about the same length, I believe.
~Aqua

ARTgames

Quote from: Aqua on June 30, 2009, 06:52:30 PM
I never liked highlights anyways, freaking annoying. An italicized message would stick out, and have about the same length, I believe.
~Aqua

well by highlighting i mean bold and in a different colour. not a coloured box around the text. i dont like that nether.